Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Number and types of units?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Dec Mon 20, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Number and types of units? Reply with quote

so what was the final number of units in the game 400 or 800 and why is infantry classified only as infantry? The United states should have both army infantry and Marine infantry? What about rangers and "special units"?
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Mon 20, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final (rough number) number of units is 400 (give and take). Also, there is not just infantry, but paratroopers, special forces and the like. Sorry no "Marines". Semper Fidelis! (meaning "Always faithful" for those of you unfamiliar with the Marines, the Few, the Proud, the Brave.) But as stated, there are different types of infantry units. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Dec Mon 20, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awwwww I think im gonna cry! No Marines! Well can I atleast rename the units? So that atleast some infantry units are known as marine units?
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Mar Fri 04, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
Final (rough number) number of units is 400 (give and take). Also, there is not just infantry, but paratroopers, special forces and the like. Sorry no "Marines". Semper Fidelis! (meaning "Always faithful" for those of you unfamiliar with the Marines, the Few, the Proud, the Brave.) But as stated, there are different types of infantry units. Twisted Evil

Shocked No Marines?!

I find it funny though that the AV-8B Harrier II is included which is a US Marine Corps only aircraft as well as the AH-1W Super Cobra, another USMC only unit. LAVs are there, but that is Army as well. No Marines though... Confused

So, I assume there is no amphibious assault option or is there?

It's all good though. I can't get everything I want just because I'm a Jarhead...Or can I ? Twisted Evil

EDIT: I know this was sort of an old topic, but I just spotted and ans was like hmm... Laughing

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Fri 04, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, you and I both know about the Marines and it was something I thought about and would have liked to see, but for time reasons and others, just didnt happen. Sorry.
Twisted Evil
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Mar Fri 04, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There IS amphibious assault in the game btw. There are also special forces...
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Mar Fri 04, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
There IS amphibious assault in the game btw. There are also special forces...

Lol, then we can pretend that those are US Marines lol. Laughing

Well, at least I can plan some nasty amphibious assaults on my friends once my copy rolls in. Twisted Evil

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Mar Fri 04, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, there we go, my turn to be jealous of you...I don't have anyone nearby who is willing to play this game with me...sigh...lol
Dag_Sabot

PostPosted: Mar Fri 04, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill play it with you, we can send each turn to the other via Xbl!!
Im sure after all this time in development theyd have some way...

PostPosted: Mar Fri 04, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only Daisenryaku that I know of can be played over the internet is Daisneryaku 2001 for Dreamcast. It has full Play By Mail support with passwords for each player. Kind of awesome that way really. I'm hoping that Daisenryaku 1941 has a similar thing but not holding out hope by any means (the japanese site made no mention of it).

BTW: Daisenryaku 2001 is highly recommended if you can handle the Japanese and have VGA hookups for your DC. It's muddy mess on a television (but better than Daisenryaku Europe No Arashi which came out one year earlier).
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Mar Fri 04, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, JVG...

Why does it seem we have taken over every thread on the board with one topic or another. Twisted Evil

JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Mar Fri 04, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing because w3 r 1h3 h4rc|
lol

btw, it seems I used to live near everyone on this board at some time or other. Spent 5 years just south of Roger's Park in Chi-town. 1 block away from Wrigley field the year before that.

Oh, and there are a couple of us over at the gamefaqs boards as well. I am currently embroiled in a no-lose argument as to whether chess AI's "cheat" or not.

>_
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Mar Fri 04, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
I'm guessing because w3 r 1h3 h4rc|
lol

btw, it seems I used to live near everyone on this board at some time or other. Spent 5 years just south of Roger's Park in Chi-town. 1 block away from Wrigley field the year before that.

Oh, and there are a couple of us over at the gamefaqs boards as well. I am currently embroiled in a no-lose argument as to whether chess AI's "cheat" or not.

>_

Interesting. Lol, I'm on too many forums...I need to be a mod somewhere lol, then at least I can justify being on them all the time lmao. Laughing

I live in Oak Park if you know where that is.

JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Mar Fri 04, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oak Park, definitely a good part of Chicago, or it was when I lived there. Hey, hop on over to jvgfanatic.com's forums, we'll make you a mod though your mod skills will never be needed >_
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Mar Fri 04, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
Oak Park, definitely a good part of Chicago, or it was when I lived there. Hey, hop on over to jvgfanatic.com's forums, we'll make you a mod though your mod skills will never be needed >_

Lol, will do. Just signed in. Won't be hard to guess the name. Rolling Eyes

Yeah, Oak Park is still a decent place to live.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: