Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is the benefit of experience levels?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tyrannical

PostPosted: Mar Wed 09, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: What is the benefit of experience levels? Reply with quote

I'm guessing your hit % increases, maybe damage too? Looks like maybe your defence also. but with random factor so much in the game it is hrd to tell. Is an S rank version really worth double the cost?
Paying more for an experienced unit kind of takes the fun out of using them. Sure I got several S rank units saved, but I'd rather have 2 E rank A10's then one S rank.
Iron Giant

PostPosted: Mar Wed 09, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see some hard numbers on what the rank does for a unit, but I will say I do agree with your assessment: I would rather have 2 E MBT's than one S MBT.... I lost a couple of games by buying the higher cost units right at the outset.

Right now, I only use my trained units for end game cleanup. When I have more money than units, I'll swap a couple in to help hammer the enemy into submission, but I never use them until I have only a couple slots left and more money than I can spend on them.
DeviousPENGUIN

PostPosted: Mar Wed 09, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take the S mbt to your two E's any day. I've seen S ranked units decimate E ranked units over and over. Though at the beginning of the game You need the lower ranked units to soak up some of the punishment the AI dishes out when they have 50 units.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Thu 10, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using some S ranked artillery and see how far they can shoot, compared to lower rank arty, fyi. Twisted Evil
tyrannical

PostPosted: Mar Thu 10, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my S ranked ATCMS had no range extention (I think). I don't think my S ranked Paladin either.
C'mon spill the beans on what affect ranking has.
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Mar Thu 10, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmed that S Rank Paladins do not get a larger range than an E ranked Paladin. Will try some other artillery.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Thu 10, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really?! I could have sworn that Paladins had a greater range at higher levels, of course, when your old like me you tend to forget these things.... Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Mar Thu 10, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably just lost in translation. Laughing
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Thu 10, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naa...I am 95% sure that it effected the range for some of the arty, maybe not the Paladins, (although, they are my fav...) but one of em...anywho, back to the wall.

Twisted Evil
DeviousPENGUIN

PostPosted: Mar Thu 10, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it the towed arty or the Sp? It was probably the PZH 2000.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Mar Sat 12, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, while playing in free play mode I decided to take a look at the hard numbers.

While comparing several air units side by side:

While not exact, in terms of attack helos and aircraft the to hit percentage goes up about 5-10% per experience level. So and E rank has about a 40-50% to hit ratio, whereas, at an S rank the hit ratio was much closer to 80%

This made a huge difference when using the chaingun and rockets. Twisted Evil

I will relay more information as I get better numbers. Namely the exact numbers for each rank.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tyrannical

PostPosted: Mar Sat 12, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know they seem to hit more often, but I never noticed any displayed hit % number any higher then when it was at E rank
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Mar Sat 12, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyrannical wrote:
I know they seem to hit more often, but I never noticed any displayed hit % number any higher then when it was at E rank

I'll take some screenies if I get around to it on my PC. My vid card is acting kinda goofy.

Gonna start getting the hard numbers in a few min. Might be a day or so until I can get some definitve results.

EDIT: Posted before I finished typing. Laughing

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DeviousPENGUIN

PostPosted: Mar Sat 12, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are located on the screen when you have selected a battle and it shows all the subunits and when the battle animation is taking place. The percentages are in the info box at the bottom.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Mar Sun 13, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeviousPENGUIN wrote:
They are located on the screen when you have selected a battle and it shows all the subunits and when the battle animation is taking place. The percentages are in the info box at the bottom.

I think he's implying that those numbers don't change according to experience.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: