Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I love the game but...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Mar Sat 12, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: I love the game but... Reply with quote

There are a few things that I've noticed that kind of bug me.

Animation and sound.

- Attacks are mismatched.
Some of the attack animations don't match the attack. The B1-B Lancer for example uses Machine guns for it's bombing run. Rolling Eyes

- BGM
Custom Soundtrack would have been sweet. Getting the BGM to cycle on it's own would also have been a nice touch.

Units

- CH-53s are Israel only?!
The CH-53 Super/Sea Stallion is a major component of the US arsenal of heavy transport helos. (Not to mention, used by the USMC Twisted Evil )

- CH-53s only carry 1 light vehicle?
These can EASILY carry 2 Humvees (Though at the cost of no infantry inside the cargo hold) but they can't. I know 1 unit really equals a LOT of units, but it still comes out to equally.

- No Marines
Not really a huge deal considering you can still do Amphibious assaults and that you can change the loadouts of infantry. (Just, I'm a Marine so...)

- LCACs
Well, the Russkies got their Lun. Would have been nice to get an LCAC (It's a transport hovercraft used by the USMC), but that's just because I want more USMC equipment. Twisted Evil

- Cyber Ninjas...
Just...no. Didn't unlock them, never plan to...

AI

- No use of transports, paratroopers, etc.
Outside of mission mode I have not seen the AI use them. Even when I gave them units and then gave control back to the AI. Nothing...

- Navy is MIA
I see this in almost every Strategy game. No Naval production?!

Notes

Granted, the unit gripes are minor. Though the CH-53 Super/Sea Stallion thing does bug me on both gripes. As for the AIs lack of unit usage, is it simply because it's on a lower setting?

Ah, well. Regardless, this IS my favorite game that I own. (Barring classics and a few exceptions.) Wink

Don't get me wrong when I gripe about these things. Just...well thought I'd put my 2 cents in.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Mar Sat 12, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All excellent obervations. I have noticed that the AI in Daisneryaku 1941 does use transports on one mission so far, I guess I never noticed it in D7 because I'm the one who likes to use them, lol.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Mar Sat 12, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing that comes to mind...

Where are Russia's SCUDs and Frog Missle launchers?

Not to mention zero sea and land mine warfare.

Sorry, going off topic again... Rolling Eyes

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tyrannical

PostPosted: Mar Sat 12, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't complain about missing units!
There are already waaaaay too many.
I really wish they went the way of Advanced Wars and just gave everyone the same units. A lot of the differing units differ only by "can carry one more of this weapon" and everything else exactly the same.
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Mar Sat 12, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too many units? Ha! I'd recommend staying far away from past Daisenryaku games. The Dreamcast revs had over 2000 units from more countries than I've bothered to count. It's insane and insanely cool imo but hey, we each have our tastes and those were all the same what a boring place this would be. lol.

Daisenryaku 1941 for the PS2 says I have 60some units out of 195. I hope that doesn't mean it only has 195 units in it but if that is the case I'm sure all will be okay cause thus far it's an awesome game. Just had a great mission number 3 last night that really kept me on my toes. I won't say it was challenging really but I did take some heavy losses and since 1941 is ALL campaign mode your units persist (and the names you give them) from mission to mission. I'm going to replay it maybe tonight to see if I can't come up with a wiser strategy.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Mar Sat 12, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyrannical wrote:
I really wish they went the way of Advanced Wars and just gave everyone the same units. A lot of the differing units differ only by "can carry one more of this weapon" and everything else exactly the same.

Obviously, you're talking about the wrong series of games. This series is all about the units, the realism and the gameplay.

Secondly, the number of available units is just fine. If you read my post, I gave specific reasons about the ONE unit I was truly commenting on. The others (2 units of the 3) were minor things I mentioned in passing.

Last, this isn't Advance Wars. It's much more in depth and there is so much more than what the units carry that make them different.

On a side note, majority of your posts are awfully inflammatory. Either your trolling for trouble, or you need to learn to tone your attitude down some.

DeviousPENGUIN

PostPosted: Mar Sat 12, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The varying unit types are what makes the game fun and challenging. I love putting Merkava 4's against Leopard 2v6's and seeing which comes out on top. I like that the units have their idiosicracies (sp).
Jaws

PostPosted: Mar Sat 12, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I'm WhiteDestiny from the gameFAQs webpage, that I've just give up on because I didn't feel like filling out everything again. I just want to say hello and that I hope that we can have some very good discussion on Dai Senryaku 7.

The Merkava 4's are awesome.

I just wish that there were more games like this on the Xbox.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Sun 13, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaws.."WhiteDestiny" welcome to the Kemco forums.
Adoug Twisted Evil
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Mar Mon 14, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw Israel and Germany have CH-53s... Shocked

Before I saw that only Israel had them...

Okay, I know this isn't Kemco's fault, but who in the heck decided that the US, the people that created the CH-53, wouldn't get to use them? Mad

Not that it matters ALL that much, but seriously, it's weird. Shocked

I can get over the lack of Marines because I had a long discussion with my buddies about it and the versatile Infantry unit can be used as the USMC (and Spec Ops as Force Recon). However, the fact that the US can't use one of it's main choppers is just plain odd. Ah well. Laughing

DoubleTap

PostPosted: Mar Mon 14, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you about the Stallion, Semper Fi. How old is the Chinook, anyway? Gotta be almost 40.

As for the lack of Naval production, it might simply be an approximation of the fact that you can't just whip out carriers and guided missle cruisers the way you can, say, a tank platoon or a squadron of F-16s. Maybe it's just a rough estimate of production time. Or, maybe I'm just playing devils advocate. Hell, I can't tell.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Mar Tue 15, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoubleTap wrote:
I'm with you about the Stallion, Semper Fi. How old is the Chinook, anyway? Gotta be almost 40.

As for the lack of Naval production, it might simply be an approximation of the fact that you can't just whip out carriers and guided missle cruisers the way you can, say, a tank platoon or a squadron of F-16s. Maybe it's just a rough estimate of production time. Or, maybe I'm just playing devils advocate. Hell, I can't tell.

The CH-47A Chinook began it's service in July of 1962. Current production versions are the D and E. User countries include Australia, Egypt, Greece, Iran, Italy, Japan, Morocco, Netherlands, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, UK and USA.

After some thought, I believe I understand why the US doesn't have the CH-53s (However, it's still wrong). The MV-22 Ospreys are the replacement for the CH-53s which are slated to retire in 2008. The lastest version of the CH-53, the CH-53E is the newest version which is 30 years old (First flight was on 08 December 1975).

The number of CH-53s that were delivered to foreign countries:
- 25 Israel
- 112 West Germany
- 2 Austrian
- 6 Iranian Marines

Compared to the 352 that the US uses...

So other than the MV-22 Osprey being the replacement for the CH-53s, I see no valid reason why the US doesn't get it's premier Transport Helo.

Proof that I have too much time on my hands. Laughing

...and that I LOVE that chopper. Twisted Evil

The_Sacrament

PostPosted: Apr Sun 10, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only thing i wondered about was why cant the Apc's carry men,i mean,isnt that truely what there meant to do?
tyrannical

PostPosted: Apr Mon 11, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The capture units don't carry infantry because they sort of automatically have them included with the unit. That's why they can capture.
Ogmios

PostPosted: Apr Sat 16, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyrannical wrote:

No way! That is what makes this game great!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: