Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why No Nuclear Weapons?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kab the Mentat

PostPosted: Mar Thu 31, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Why No Nuclear Weapons? Reply with quote

I know this may seem dumb, but would've loved to see a mission or map where you're either taking out a nuke, or launching one before a certain time or before whatever happens. I understand the Japanese may be a little sensitive to being virtually nuked on a DS7 map...but why not? They added zany crap like the Cyber Ninja. Next to that an ICBM screaming towards you at 12,000 KPH doesn't seem to off the wall. Who knows, they could add a capability to a special Aegis to shoot them down. It's technically possible.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Apr Fri 01, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Why No Nuclear Weapons? Reply with quote

Kab the Mentat wrote:
I know this may seem dumb, but would've loved to see a mission or map where you're either taking out a nuke, or launching one before a certain time or before whatever happens. I understand the Japanese may be a little sensitive to being virtually nuked on a DS7 map...but why not? They added zany crap like the Cyber Ninja. Next to that an ICBM screaming towards you at 12,000 KPH doesn't seem to off the wall. Who knows, they could add a capability to a special Aegis to shoot them down. It's technically possible.

I'd like to see more of stuff like the SCUDs and Frogs...

As for the lack of Nukes, I'm glad that this games doesn't go the way of every other strategy game and add nukes in. Nukes are just not any fun in any regard.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Iron Giant

PostPosted: Apr Fri 01, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in high school in the 80's (during the cold war) my friends and I used to play a game we made up called Nuclear War.

There are 2 teams: Russia and the US.

Either team can go first.

Team 2 asks team 1: "Will you launch your nukes?"
If Team 1 says yes, Team 2 can decide if they will launch their nukes.
If Team 1 says no, Team 2 has to decide whether to launch their nukes.
Either way all human life and society is obliterated. Both teams lose.

If neither team launches their nukes, both teams win.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Apr Sat 02, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iron Giant wrote:
Back in high school in the 80's (during the cold war) my friends and I used to play a game we made up called Nuclear War.

There are 2 teams: Russia and the US.

Either team can go first.

Team 2 asks team 1: "Will you launch your nukes?"
If Team 1 says yes, Team 2 can decide if they will launch their nukes.
If Team 1 says no, Team 2 has to decide whether to launch their nukes.
Either way all human life and society is obliterated. Both teams lose.

If neither team launches their nukes, both teams win.

Laughing Ever see WarGames?

Nuclear War is like Tic-Tac-Toe. All things being equal, nobody ever wins.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Apr Sat 02, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOH! Now that you meantion it, thats probably where we got the idea from. What was that computers name???

"Interesting. The only way to win, is not to play"
Kab the Mentat

PostPosted: Apr Sun 03, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

W.O.P.R. Or "Whopper."
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Sun 03, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kab...like the avatar...isnt that from Double Dragon...or maybe River City Ransom? Twisted Evil
Kab the Mentat

PostPosted: Apr Mon 04, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex from River City Ransom (or Ryan...I forget). Thank Seanbaby for it. Such a great game...need to get the GBA version.
The_Sacrament

PostPosted: May Tue 10, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there were nuclear weapons in the game i would have to say it would not be as good.That way you could just whipe an enemy off the map and probably destroy yourself while doing it.

General Dwight D. Eisenhower
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: May Tue 10, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nukes? I wouldn't like them much in this game. This is game is more tactical than strategic with the weapon systems involved. SemperFi makes a good argument. Tactical missiles like Frogs, Scuds, Lances, and Plutons would be a good addition. But then as far as DS VII goes you could only shoot them with good recon and the Russian systems are so inaccurate as to question their usefulness even in this manner. It would be nice though to take out that enemy column before it causes you trouble! I've always been on the lookout for a strategic nuclear warfare game. I guess the argument about no winners in a nuclear exchange makes creating one non-P.C. Making a game a game where you 'win' a nuclear war would inevitably catch some flak. Does anyone know of any? There is a PC game called "SuperPower" where you can launch nukes and other non-conventional attacks. Also on Sega CD years back a game called "The Third World War" let you launch nukes too. But these were in the context of achieving global domination. Not a pure military view of nuclear exchanges. Something like the game played in 'WarGames' would be nice to have!
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: May Tue 10, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanielRuoss wrote:
There is a PC game called "SuperPower" where you can launch nukes and other non-conventional attacks. Also on Sega CD years back a game called "The Third World War" let you launch nukes too. But these were in the context of achieving global domination. Not a pure military view of nuclear exchanges. Something like the game played in 'WarGames' would be nice to have!

I have played SuperPower and the Nuclear War scenario will actually almost crash my PC from all the subsequent launches.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: