Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

French Army (or lack thereof)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: Sep Mon 19, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: no air power at sea? Reply with quote

irashunal wrote:
Why does France only have one carrier based jet?! It's great that they actually have a carrier to use but i would think that they would have at least a couple of different jet types at their disposal...

Granted, i don't guess the French put a whole lot of effort into building a large mobile naval force since they don't have any investments abroad nowadays like they once did, but still....

Actually they have 2. The Rafale variant and the Super Etendard. I find it useful as an anti-ship platform armed with Exocets.
ElricJC

PostPosted: Sep Mon 19, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: French naval power Reply with quote

[quote]Actually they have 2. The Rafale variant and the Super Etendard. I find it useful as an anti-ship platform armed with Exocets.
Quote:

Correct, and in the real world the Super Etendard is being retired and the Dassault Rafale M will take over all its duties (in this game the Rafale M carries 2 Exocets to the Super Etendard's 1. The Etendard is, however, much cheaper).

Too be fair, the French naval force should be bigger since they also use the Hawkeye AEW.

And yes, the Russians only have one naval fighter in the game, but its such a versatile Multi-Role fighter that it can take on the Interceptor, Ground Attack, and AShW roles. Plus the damned Russian carrier is better armed than some other nations main warships, yeesh!
ElricJC

PostPosted: Sep Mon 19, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Grrr Reply with quote

Stupid computer box quoted my passage and didn't quote what was intended to be quoted. But you all get the point.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Sep Mon 19, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Grrr Reply with quote

ElricJC wrote:
Stupid computer box quoted my passage and didn't quote what was intended to be quoted. But you all get the point.

I believe I do. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
bryonspringer

PostPosted: Oct Fri 07, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ also can't respect him for his treatment of a certain mother who lost her son in Iraq. He doesn't need to cry to her and say he's sorry, but merely approaching her and acknowledging her loss would go a long way.]
hey i hate to bust you bubble but he met with mrs. shehan(prob misspelled) a year ago when her son died and she said encouraging words about him. he shouldn't have meet her again simply because she has decided the war is evil. it is my personal opinion that instead of cussing out the president and saying that he personally created huricane katrina with his environmental policies, she should be quite and honour her sons memory in private.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Oct Fri 07, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bryonspringer wrote:
it is my personal opinion that instead of cussing out the president and saying that he personally created huricane katrina with his environmental policies, she should be quite and honour her sons memory in private.

Indeed, I think that it's fairly disrespectful to a veteran that died in combat to blame someone for the war that the person willingly and knowingly volunteered to fight.

While I might not agree on why we went to war, I did volunteer to serve my country and I'd hate to have someone tarnish me doing my duty by naysaying why we went.

Granted, you can complain about the war, challenge why we went to war and see that someone be held responsible should the war be deemed illegitimate, but don't EVER do it on a veteran's behalf.

"We choose to fight and die for our country so others don't have to. All we ask is that you only send us into harms way only when necessary." - Unknown

Note: Support our troops. Hand write a letter, thank them for doing their duty. You might not like the war, but a letter can do a lot for morale. I know I sure as hell loved getting mail, even random ones from people I've never met and probably never will. Those letters are more than worth the time and effort it takes. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Oct Fri 07, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't we get some accurate quotes in full context before WE go attacking someone.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Oct Sat 08, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
Why don't we get some accurate quotes in full context before WE go attacking someone.

My comments weren't intended as an attack, just being proactive, but on the over zealous side. I'm actually pretty laid back for the most part when it comes to stuff like that. Cool

EDIT: Unless that wasn't directed towrds me, but regardless I wanted tp get that out in the open just in case.

FNSCAR2005

PostPosted: Oct Mon 24, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone should be involved with getting rid of tyrants like Saddam and dozens more like him. But that will never happen for several reasons. The U.N. is an ineffectual organiztion populated by dictatorial regimes. Syria and Libya were on the human rights council. Another reason is that only the United States has the power to do this kind of work because European military power has atrophied to the point of insignificance. Russia is too busy selling weapons to the dictators and terrorists. How many of the weapons being directed at U.S. troops are Russian made? Furthermore, China, France, Germany, and Russia were also too busy making arms deals with Saddam in exchange for the release of sanctions. Check out the Duelfer report.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: