Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Action Replay
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
indierockclimber

PostPosted: Apr Sun 24, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Action Replay Reply with quote

I have made a few maps, anyone else? We should trade maps via action replay.

We could even play a 2 player co-op against the computer using saves, and just email back and forth with communication about the battle. That would be fun, any takers?
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Apr Mon 25, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: Action Replay Reply with quote

indierockclimber wrote:
I have made a few maps, anyone else? We should trade maps via action replay.

We could even play a 2 player co-op against the computer using saves, and just email back and forth with communication about the battle. That would be fun, any takers?

Hmm, that is an interesting idea. You should post more specific details for everyone regarding the who, what, when, where and how. (I'm a bit hazy on the subject myself otherwise I'd have posted it.) Twisted Evil

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
indierockclimber

PostPosted: Apr Mon 25, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay well first of all, for everyon unfamiliar with the action replay, I will detail it here:

Basically it's a memory card reader that plugs into a PC using USB. With it you can transfer saved games to and from your PC (which is awesome for this game since you can only have 8 saves).

I got mine for 29.99 from Best Buy that included an 8MB memory card (which is a pretty good deal considering that's what normal memory cards cost).

SO I think this would have 2 applications for this game.
The first would be player created maps. It would be sweet to make a website where we could all upload maps we've made, and try them out.. give feedback and the like.

The 2nd would be play by e-mail games. Obviously these games would have to be co-op (I guess you could play against someone at your own risk... but the possibility of seeing the other player's stuff is too great).

Basically you would decide on a map, who'se being what army, etc. And one guy would elect to start the game. So he'd create it like a normal game, play out his turn, let the computer play their turns, then when it got to the next guy's turn he would save the game, upload it to his computer and email it to the other player.

this 2nd player would download it to their memory card, load it up, play out his turn, then lather, rinse, repeat.

Make sense?
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Apr Mon 25, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that's right. I remember now. Cool

Not bad for $30 if we managed to play Dai Senryaku VII PBEM.

Have you tried sending a turn to yourself and taking the turn? (Just to see if it works?)
Same thing for the custom maps. (Have you tried yet?)

NOTE: The only problem is that you can't prevent the other player from seeing your army without seeing thiers or vice versa. Still it's much better than nothing. Even though I must say I prefer co-op against a harder AI. Though, PvP is still a viable option as long as everyone uses the honor system.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
indierockclimber

PostPosted: Apr Mon 25, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I think player vs player is something I wouldn't want to do by email. But playing co-op vs. the computer would be fine.

And yeah I've transferred a save game. I had 4 friends over, and 2 of them watched me and another friend play for about an hour, then we let them start a game. They loved it so much they ran to the store, and bought their own version, and brought over an xbox. They transferred their saved game to the other xbox via memory card, and it worked fine. I also transferred my maps to their xbox, also fine. Having 2 TVs in the same room, and 4 dudes playing was awesome. We only play co-op so it was always 2 humans vs 2 computers.
indierockclimber

PostPosted: Apr Wed 27, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've made 3 maps now that I am willing to share with the world if anyone has picked up an Action Replay
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Apr Wed 27, 2005 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indierockclimber wrote:
I've made 3 maps now that I am willing to share with the world if anyone has picked up an Action Replay

Might be another 2 or 3 weeks before I can pick one up. Unless of course, I can make some extra cash. Most of my income for the next few checks is going to fix up my Jeep. Cool

indierockclimber

PostPosted: Apr Wed 27, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha I understand that! Let me know when you get one Smile
Asgardian

PostPosted: Oct Mon 17, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new to this game - I am only up to mission three Embarassed but I can see the multi-player is the meat of this great game.. however, I don't really have anyone to play this with. I want to see if there are any on-line resource out there that have shared maps and/or the multiplayer idea noted above?

Thanks in advance.
Asgardian.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Oct Mon 17, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asgardian wrote:
I'm new to this game - I am only up to mission three Embarassed but I can see the multi-player is the meat of this great game.. however, I don't really have anyone to play this with. I want to see if there are any on-line resource out there that have shared maps and/or the multiplayer idea noted above?

Thanks in advance.
Asgardian.

So far, nothing yet. I'll post when I get some more info. Otherwise, it's back to bugging Doug lol. Laughing

PostPosted: Oct Mon 17, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is Adoug? Maybe hard at work on a new DS, with live capability>. Hint Hint.
DeviousPENGUIN

PostPosted: Oct Mon 17, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

last was my post. Why doesn't the logon at the bottom of the page work?
Asgardian

PostPosted: Oct Mon 17, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Where is Adoug? Maybe hard at work on a new DS, with live capability>. Hint Hint.

Well, I don't have Xbox live yet, however, without any bias, I think the waiting time for a live multiplayer game of this sort might not be that enjoyable.

Let me dream out loud for a moment..

I was thinking more along the lines of some kind of pc software to hack a multiplayer game save code so that only ONE turn can be taken per player turn.

Perhaps one way to do this is to adjust the "max turn" value so that each player has only "one turn" left to play, so they must save the game BEFORE they hit end turn. Then the next player will run the code to advance the turn and add one "last" turn to it.

We also need some kind of password system to lock it so each player cannot just run the code twice to "cheat".

Are there anyone here that can code up what I am dreaming of?

Regards,
Asgardian.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Oct Mon 17, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeviousPENGUIN wrote:
last was my post. Why doesn't the logon at the bottom of the page work?

Not sure. I am always logged in as I can "lock out" my PC when I'm not at it, so I haven't paid much attention.

Drop a PM to Doug, maybe it's a site issue? Either that or your cookies are being goofy. Confused

Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Oct Mon 17, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the question as to where I have been, I was hiking the hills outside of Twisp Washington over the past weekend. Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: