Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

B-52?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bisl

PostPosted: Apr Tue 05, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: B-52? Reply with quote

This game absolutely blows my mind, and I love it. The realism is like no other game I've ever played! So cool.

That having been said, does anyone know what happened to the B-52? Is it perhaps unlockable? For such a mainstay in the US army I had hoped to see it in the game. What a sweet plane.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Wed 06, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the B-52 was replaced by the B-2 bomber....but I am not 100% sure. I am sure other gamers on the board may shed more light on this. Fellas? Twisted Evil PS...glad to hear you liked it.
bisl

PostPosted: Apr Wed 06, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, replaced in that the B-2 is a better bomber, yes. I don't know about actually replacing the B-52, though. They only made 21 B-2s because they cost about $2 billion, I think, and their production was eventually halted. I don't know that it's different for B-52s, but all the same I'd have liked to see them for character alone. Smile
DoubleTap

PostPosted: Apr Thu 07, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the near-future world where the battles of Dai Senryaku take place, the B-52 has been deemed too ugly to fly. Just kidding.

I love the B-52. Last time I looked, they were up to the 'H' version, I think. They just keep cramming more and more electronics into them to improve their survivability.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Apr Thu 07, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoubleTap wrote:
In the near-future world where the battles of Dai Senryaku take place, the B-52 has been deemed too ugly to fly. Just kidding.

I love the B-52. Last time I looked, they were up to the 'H' version, I think. They just keep cramming more and more electronics into them to improve their survivability.

The B-52s are slated to be in active service until 2040 or so. (I'm not kidding either. I know a few peeps...)

As for why they are gone...Maybe they thought that using the B-1Bs were a better choice. I'd love to see the B-52, don't get me wrong, but if I had to pick, the B-1B would get my vote.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Thu 07, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, I knew my fellow gamers could shed some light on this! Twisted Evil Good work gents, informative. Twisted Evil
DoubleTap

PostPosted: Apr Thu 07, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a buddy who goes to more than his fair share of NFL playoff games, and thus has seen flyovers by some pretty cool aircraft. He said nothing came CLOSE to when a B-52 came in low before the AFC Championship Game a couple of years ago...
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Thu 07, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, I saw a B-2 Stealth Bomber fly over a couple of years ago at the Hydro Boat races in the Tri-Cities in Wa, and man was that impressive! That this was HUGE! Twisted Evil
Kab the Mentat

PostPosted: Apr Thu 07, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor me. All I ever see here in Florida are TONS and TONS of naval aircraft. Mostly F-14s and F-18s. Oh, and the Blue Angels.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Thu 07, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get to see Prowlers (electronic warfare) mainly, at Whidbey Island NA Station. I actually worked out there for a bit and got to check them out up close, it was pretty cool. Twisted Evil
Kab the Mentat

PostPosted: Apr Thu 07, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back when I used to live in Pensacola I remember using all kinds of naval vessels. The one that stuck about the most and was stationed there for awhile was the "Lady Lexington." I think it went to Texas.

I also got to see all kinds of stuff from the inside of these bases as well. My uncle was a F-14 pilot back in the 80s and 90s. Pretty amazing stuff. My goal nowadays is to see a F-22 and F-35. The 35s are probably easily doable considering where I am.
VI 6

PostPosted: Apr Sat 09, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, B-52s are definetly here to stay, but I thought the B-1s were being phased out.I live next to an Airforce base and usualy just see F-15s and the occasional F-16, but couple months back an F-22 made a couple of low level passes over my house.Anyone know how many F-22s are in service?
tyrannical

PostPosted: Apr Sat 09, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooooh, B-52's could have a bombing mega-hex attack. Either that or carry more individual bombs then it could ever hope to drop in a game.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Apr Sat 09, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VI 6 wrote:
Yep, B-52s are definetly here to stay, but I thought the B-1s were being phased out.I live next to an Airforce base and usualy just see F-15s and the occasional F-16, but couple months back an F-22 made a couple of low level passes over my house.Anyone know how many F-22s are in service?

Hardly, the B-1s are fairly new and are great bombers. Those are slated to be around for quite some time. There are some in Afghanistan, as for the rest, they might all be deployed in Iraq. They are pretty scattered about at present.

As for the F-22s, I think there are a few small wings of them now (for those that don't know a wing is a group of planes), but I'm ont aware of any in active service just yet. I'm not real in the know about the F-22s at the moment as far as production numbers go. I'm in more in the dark about the current status of the F-35s

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
CRJAttackPlane

PostPosted: Apr Tue 12, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoubleTap wrote:
I have a buddy who goes to more than his fair share of NFL playoff games, and thus has seen flyovers by some pretty cool aircraft. He said nothing came CLOSE to when a B-52 came in low before the AFC Championship Game a couple of years ago...

i dunno i saw a B-1B do a flyby at mach .95. that was impressive over the beach in chicago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: