Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your favorite odd combination of countries...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoubleTap

PostPosted: Apr Thu 07, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Your favorite odd combination of countries... Reply with quote

I'm finally getting around to finishing mission mode, and I'm playing the one where you play the Chinese amphibious invasion force. The whole scenario made me laugh- the Chinese and the Israelis mounting a seaborn invasion of against the Germans. Imagine the geo-political scenario that would beget THAT alliance...

Which strange arrangement of opposing countries in the game made you laugh?
Kab the Mentat

PostPosted: Apr Thu 07, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really that odd when you think about. Israel is one of the biggest suppliers of military technology to China. It's probably why they've been able to build half-way decent things.

Anyway, my favorite odd combo was a four-way battle. Germany and Israel vs. US and UK. Me and some friends decided to do a two on two match. I had to go with Israel since this wasn't a naval map. Strictly ground and air.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Apr Sat 09, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

France and Israel vs. Japan and U.K.

Makes for some strange battles that's for sure. I was messing around on "Fuel Conservation" and had this setup going. Some of these battles were just hilarious. Even more so when I tried it as a Free for All. Laughing

...Some of the battles were so one sided that I almost felt sorry for France in both the Team and Free for All.

...U.K. did decent (I played as them both times) because I utilized their decent balance of Land, Sea and Air units.

...Israel mowed down France in the Free for All, was evenly matched vs. Japan.

...Japan was brutal vs. France in team and saved my front a few times. In Free for All, they held their own against Israel.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Apr Sat 09, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of odd mixtures: I just received Sentou Country Kai New Operations yesterday. In perusing the manual I see that the player is allowed to build his own army comprised of units from different nationalities. Each army can have up to 64 different unit types in it and one can store 16 different armies.

Bad description but I'm busy with the move today Smile
Iron Giant

PostPosted: Apr Mon 11, 2005 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
Speaking of odd mixtures: I just received Sentou Country Kai New Operations yesterday. In perusing the manual I see that the player is allowed to build his own army comprised of units from different nationalities. Each army can have up to 64 different unit types in it and one can store 16 different armies.

Bad description but I'm busy with the move today Smile

ooooooo what system does this play on???
DoubleTap

PostPosted: Apr Tue 12, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kab the Mentat wrote:
Not really that odd when you think about. Israel is one of the biggest suppliers of military technology to China. It's probably why they've been able to build half-way decent things.

You're right, of course, Kab... but come on. the Chinese and the Israelis in an amphibious assault on the Germans? That's funny.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Apr Wed 13, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoubleTap wrote:
Kab the Mentat wrote:

You're right, of course, Kab... but come on. the Chinese and the Israelis in an amphibious assault on the Germans? That's funny.

How about Israel invading the US? lol, has to be the funniest nation I ever saw in the map where 3 nations attack the US. Laughing

Though, I now have it modified so that two armies are the US and two are the Chinese. This scenario is based off of the book "Invasion". It came out pretty darned nice. Not to mention that it was fairly difficult to win. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DoubleTap

PostPosted: Apr Thu 14, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read that book, Semper Fi. That was the one where the Chinese used modified supertankers as carriers and troop carriers, right? I liked the concept, but I wasn't crazy about the book.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Apr Thu 14, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoubleTap wrote:
I read that book, Semper Fi. That was the one where the Chinese used modified supertankers as carriers and troop carriers, right? I liked the concept, but I wasn't crazy about the book.

Yep, that'd be the one. I'll admit the book wasn't the best I've read, but regardless, it turns out to be a great scenario in Dai Senryaku VII. The map of the US is pretty well done, so it was more of a matter of allocating who controlled what.

I placed it at the fairly early portion of the invasion, a foothold from the gulf and a beachhead on the west coast. The two main US defence forces were coming out of Washington DC and the other was from Chicago. I might change up the second US army base from Chicago to Colorado area (most people should know why, at least the military buffs should). However, as it stands, it makes for some serious battles by the time the first units clash. If you don't repel the attack from the Gulf, you will get overrun once the forces link up from the West.

So far as the US I'm 1-0 (My friend as the Washingtion DC army and me from Chicago. The Chinese were AI Normal).

As for the Chinese, I'm 2-1 with the other armies as the AI Normal.

Might try it once with me in control of both Chinese or both US armies and see how that plays out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: