Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Changes/improvements you'd like to see
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bisl

PostPosted: Apr Tue 26, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also like to see more than four players, so as to allow for four players plus computer players. Obviously it wouldn't be a computational tax on the system; we'd just need maps with more capitols.
qor

PostPosted: Aug Thu 04, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: improvements Reply with quote

Hey guys,
great game! It's right there with Advance Wars. But next time around, assuming there will ever be a next time, please make it look prettier and add xbox live. All I'm asking for is better graphics and live play, otherwise this game is perfect for the die hard strategist in all of us.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Aug Thu 04, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions qor. I am glad you enjoy it! Twisted Evil
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Thu 04, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: improvements Reply with quote

qor wrote:
Hey guys,
great game! It's right there with Advance Wars. But next time around, assuming there will ever be a next time, please make it look prettier and add xbox live. All I'm asking for is better graphics and live play, otherwise this game is perfect for the die hard strategist in all of us.

Advance Wars was a great game. The AI was a bit simplistic and predictable, but it built almost every type of unit it could deploy. So, I think at this point, I'd like to suggest a better AI. Maybe it's just me, but the AI just doesn't use naval warfare as much as I'd like it to.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
irashunal

PostPosted: Aug Fri 05, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: power! Reply with quote

I was kind of disappointed that there weren't any battleships in the game. Actually there wasn't really anything that could bombard shorelines from anything outside of 2 hexes, which sucks because in order to get to bombard you'd have to get within standard artillery range = nuts.

And the "tank destroyers" usually didn't destroy anything above the armor rating of a recon unit. Rename them 'tank paint scratchers'.

Other than that the game has been tremendously satisfying.

PostPosted: Aug Sat 06, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean by "because in order to get to bombard you'd have to get within standard artillery range = nuts. "?
irashunal

PostPosted: Aug Sun 07, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject: bombard Reply with quote

I mean you'd be nuts to get your ship within range of their mobile artillery, i mean you get close enough to fire and you get your nuts kicked in by their ground forces next round, i mean it's driving me nuts not being able to use my navy to soften up a landing zone for my assault ship like the navy did back in WW2 before a beach landing...

Speaking of which: i heard that the other Dai games were all WW2 based- did they have traditional battleships and bombers in that game?
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Aug Sun 07, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When using March movement it would be nice if the computer paused at the end of the last move of the unit so you could use the remaining movement points and act if need be. I usually take over movement before units reach the end of their march anyway but there are times I forget...
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Mon 08, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: power! Reply with quote

irashunal wrote:
I was kind of disappointed that there weren't any battleships in the game. Actually there wasn't really anything that could bombard shorelines from anything outside of 2 hexes, which sucks because in order to get to bombard you'd have to get within standard artillery range = nuts.

Yeah, everything for long range shore support is in the way of cruise missles. Although in reality the Iowa Class Battleships are retired and not in active service. That doesn't mean that I don't miss having 16 Inch shells reminding the enemy that there are US Marines about to kick in your door. Twisted Evil

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
irashunal

PostPosted: Aug Tue 09, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: bomardment still works Reply with quote

I played China a bit last night and decided to try something- i bought a group of Jiangwei frigates back to back production like so i quickly had about 6 of them heading towards the enemy shoreline. I brought up a couple of recon aircraft to help me maneuver them into position where the enemy tanks were running along towards my fron line... In this case they were Challenger 2 tanks = pretty tough.
Since the Jiangwei can "move and fire" i brought them up and beat a hole in the lot of them. I took some return damage the next round from dang near everything that the Brits had in range but only lost one of my vessels in the process.
In the meantime that stopped the enemy reinforcement of the front and the next round my Jiangwei group repeated the process... seriously thinning the herd. So i guess it is an acceptable loss to bombard afterall.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Wed 10, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: bomardment still works Reply with quote

irashunal wrote:
I played China a bit last night and decided to try something- i bought a group of Jiangwei frigates back to back production like so i quickly had about 6 of them heading towards the enemy shoreline. I brought up a couple of recon aircraft to help me maneuver them into position where the enemy tanks were running along towards my fron line... In this case they were Challenger 2 tanks = pretty tough.
Since the Jiangwei can "move and fire" i brought them up and beat a hole in the lot of them. I took some return damage the next round from dang near everything that the Brits had in range but only lost one of my vessels in the process.
In the meantime that stopped the enemy reinforcement of the front and the next round my Jiangwei group repeated the process... seriously thinning the herd. So i guess it is an acceptable loss to bombard afterall.

Yeah, some of the cheaper Destroyers (for any nation that has them) are worth their weight in gold for fire support and SAM coverage.

irashunal

PostPosted: Aug Thu 11, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: the game that started my war game streak Reply with quote

I remember playing Axis and Allies as a board game and getting so wrapped up in it... if there wasn't anyone else to play the game i'd set it up and play as all five nations - trying to improve the position of each nation vs what happened the previous round...

I think it would be cool to be able to 'invest' some of your money each round in order to try to 'research' upgrades for your types of units. Imagine if you could increase the range of your MBT from one to two hexes! Or if you could upgrade the carrying ability of all of your transport vehicles to carry one extra unit or one heavier unit class?

That would be awesome. It would completely change the game.

And lastly - it would be hella-great to be able to 'buy' a remote production facility to convert a city/port/airfield that you own into a unit producing site. That would be a major advantage also.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Sat 20, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: the game that started my war game streak Reply with quote

irashunal wrote:
And lastly - it would be hella-great to be able to 'buy' a remote production facility to convert a city/port/airfield that you own into a unit producing site. That would be a major advantage also.

From what JVG had mentioned in another thread, the PS2 version is supposed to have a feature similar to that. Which, personally would change this game entirely. For the better I might add.

irashunal

PostPosted: Aug Tue 23, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: pseudo battleships ahoy! Reply with quote

I've found that the Zumwalt in the American navy list is probably about the best bombardment tool. It has a standard gun that can punch a hole in a land unit from about 5 hexes out (which, unfortunately can put it into enemy artillery range...) and it also has the missile setup it can fire if it was already stationary at the beginning of its turn.

The fact that you can move and fire with your main gun allows the Zumwalt to sort of pave the way for an amphibious assault landing - just like a real battleship would do. So i'm rather pleased with that now.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Tue 23, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: pseudo battleships ahoy! Reply with quote

irashunal wrote:
I've found that the Zumwalt in the American navy list is probably about the best bombardment tool. It has a standard gun that can punch a hole in a land unit from about 5 hexes out (which, unfortunately can put it into enemy artillery range...) and it also has the missile setup it can fire if it was already stationary at the beginning of its turn.

The fact that you can move and fire with your main gun allows the Zumwalt to sort of pave the way for an amphibious assault landing - just like a real battleship would do. So i'm rather pleased with that now.

Indeed, even if it is a bit on the pricey side. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: