Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Infantry and trucks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoubleTap

PostPosted: Apr Tue 12, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Infantry and trucks Reply with quote

Am I the only one who uses truck mounted infantry regularly? Early in the game, it makes it REALLY easy to rapidly capture facilities and quickly boost your funds. You can always disband the trucks later in the game if necessary. The ability of infantry to dismount at the end of the truck's movement and still move 3 hexes and capture a facility is rather handy.

Plus, it's awfully convenient to have a few infantry scattered about behind your front line when the enemy tries to sneak assault helos around to capture some of your facilities. Surprise SAM attacks on enemy airmobile infantry are always nice.

As the game progresses, I sometimes find myself buying a transport or two to bring these infantry back up to the front lines, if they're needed.

PostPosted: Apr Tue 12, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Transport copters I found more useful, and they carry 2 units.
DoubleTap

PostPosted: Apr Tue 12, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:

I love transport helos as well, but trucks are cheaper (I think), which is helpful early in the game.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Apr Wed 13, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoubleTap wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

I love transport helos as well, but trucks are cheaper (I think), which is helpful early in the game.

Helos are pricier for sure, but it depends on the map on whether or not the truck is better. On some maps where there are lots of facilities grouped close, the helo is better. Helos are also superior on rougher terrain (couple that with some paratroopers and you've got a good combo). On the other hand, with single spaced cities, the trucks are a better option. Not to mention that trucks can at least lend some machinegun fire in a pinch.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DoubleTap

PostPosted: Apr Thu 14, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find myself using the machine guns on trucks for mop-up duty once in a while.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Apr Thu 14, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoubleTap wrote:

Which reminds me, I used to have a C-Ranked Support Tanker. Laughing

Mind you, it had more tank kills than some of my front line tanks. Laughing

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DoubleTap

PostPosted: Apr Thu 14, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFi2382 wrote:
DoubleTap wrote:

Which reminds me, I used to have a C-Ranked Support Tanker. Laughing

Mind you, it had more tank kills than some of my front line tanks. Laughing

That must've been one busy support tanker.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Apr Fri 15, 2005 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think busy was the word for it. Laughing

Insane...lucky...but busy doesn't really seem to fit. Though I must admit, there were a few times that truck got supplies through in a pinch.

It died last night. Russian close air support (Su-25 Frogfoot: Rank D) came in and was wreaking havok in my lines. My Air Defense was getting overwhelmed (a half dozen attack helos will do that) and I couldn't protect it. It had just made B rank too. Sad

The_Sacrament

PostPosted: Apr Sun 17, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm thats interesting,never knew that a few machine gun bullets could do so much...By the way whats with the infantry and men,they seem so hard to kill,especially with machine gun fire rifle rounds,or carbine shots.What is the most effective weapon to kill them with

General Dwight D. Eisenhower
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Apr Mon 18, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Sacrament wrote:
Hmm thats interesting,never knew that a few machine gun bullets could do so much...By the way whats with the infantry and men,they seem so hard to kill,especially with machine gun fire rifle rounds,or carbine shots.What is the most effective weapon to kill them with

Mortars and Bombs. Mortars have a great "to-hit" % on infantry. Bombs are just viscious. I've had bombs kill a full infantry unit on one attack from a fairly low ranked bomber (D and C).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: