Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Numbers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bisl

PostPosted: Apr Mon 18, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Numbers Reply with quote

I finally registered an account! So now I can stop forgetting to enter my name in my posts so that I show up as "Guest."

This post is about the statistics used in combat in DS-7. How do they work, exactly?

Units have weapons that have firepower, and a number for each type of enemy unit which I assume is (and will refer to as) effectiveness. These effectiveness statistics all seem to range between 0 and 99, so I have also assumed up until this point that they are percentages.

Now, enemy units that are being attacked by my units have a number of subunits and an endurance per subunit. I have noticed so far that for the most part, all units have either 1, 2, or 10 subunits. I haven't seen any that have a number other than one of these. lots of naval units have one subunit, many bombers have 2 subunits, and pretty much everything else I can think of has 10.

Enemy units also have evasion percentages, as well as environmental defense bonuses.

So is it that for each of the subunits I have that are attacking, they deal

(firepower * effectiveness) with (evasion + environment)% chance of missing?

Also, for the sake of example, say I'm attacking a pair of bombers with a full unit of 10 interceptors. do five of them shoot at each bomber?

Any explanation as to how things are calculated would be really nice. Thanks!
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Apr Tue 19, 2005 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Someone asking a harder question than usual. Laughing

Well, I think I've got this one all figured out but it's written down somewhere and I can't see to find the sheet right now. I'll post it when I find it.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
indierockclimber

PostPosted: Apr Sun 24, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iam curious about this also.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Apr Mon 25, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indierockclimber wrote:
Iam curious about this also.

I'll take a look into it. Being real busy coding all weekend and didn't get much time to play XBox. Sad

I should have some free time tonight. Very Happy

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: