Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Archipelego map US vs Russia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smaug_the_dragon

PostPosted: Apr Fri 22, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Archipelego map US vs Russia Reply with quote

I am 18 turns into this battle, at one point Russia controlled 23 cities to my 13. I experience a loss in income, which I understand is due to Russia taking my cities. However, I start to regain some of my factories ($300/turn) and cities ($50/turn). Yet I experience no income. I now control 19 cities to his 22. Surely that would have helped my money situation. And my cities resupply my units but my airfields aren't doing anything. Is this becuase the map is barren of resources? If so, where do I look at that stuff?

PostPosted: Apr Fri 22, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all income of factories and cities is not tied to the land what so ever. There is a way to see what you turn income is compaired to your opponents in a menu I just can't think what it is called however it is a main item when you hit the Y button on the menus appear on the right side of the screen. I am sure someone else will post the name, this menu also shows how many cities, factories, and allies if that helps you out any.

The reason you are probably losing money is that your repairs and weapon rearming are costing more than what you are bring in per turn. I have had that happen to me when I make too big of a push against a line and end up having to repair a lot of units.

This could be caused by repairing a lot of high priced units. Not much you can do about this unless you start reducing the number of units you are losing.

However there are ways to reduce the cost of rearming. It is cheaper to use supply units to supply your units instead of in a city. The best way is to change your options that so you have to supply your unit manually then you don't waste supply points from supply vehicles only resupplying a unit that has only fired one shot or just moved so it need fuel.

However this makes the game much harder since it is very easy to forget to resupply units. I tried this a few games and just don't have the skill and time to master it, so I spend more time trying to place my supply trucks away from units that have only fired once or are in the process of moving across the board as replacements.

I hope this helps.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Apr Sun 24, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The above post just about sums it up. This is just to clarify if need be and my own opinion where appropriate. Cool

1.) Hit Y and you can check out your Army Status tab. This will let you know how your finances stack up against the enemy.

2.) This requires more micro management (Yes, there is micro management even in Turn Based Strategy), but turn off resupply automatically. This prevents units from "taking" suppplies unless you order them to (and since you don't lose a turn, there's on downside). This "should" cut your expenses dramatically.

3.) Prioritize your "refits". Fixing too many units at once will cause a huge drain on resources and sometimes it just isn't worth it.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
smaug_the_dragon

PostPosted: Apr Sun 24, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do know the deature you're talking about; I use it all the time. It's called "Army Status" and it shows you income, fuel production, etc. I've replayed this map a few times and I think, if you fall behind in cities or factories, it takes some momentum to catch back up. In other words, I may need to hold onto key objectives for a few turns to see the money flow again.

I also think in that map, it may be easier to establish control of the central island then make the push for the Russian controlled island. My first tactic was to bypass contesting the central island and doing a D-Dayesk amphibious assualt on the southern tip of the Russian island. It's very attractive in that you can capture and airfield and a sea port. I had been using that sea port to rearm my Ticonderoga every turn. Maybe that took a bite out of the budget. Nevertheless, my assualt ran out of steam becuase my units weren't being replenished and the Russians controlled the central island.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Apr Mon 25, 2005 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smaug_the_dragon wrote:
I do know the deature you're talking about; I use it all the time. It's called "Army Status" and it shows you income, fuel production, etc. I've replayed this map a few times and I think, if you fall behind in cities or factories, it takes some momentum to catch back up. In other words, I may need to hold onto key objectives for a few turns to see the money flow again.

I also think in that map, it may be easier to establish control of the central island then make the push for the Russian controlled island. My first tactic was to bypass contesting the central island and doing a D-Dayesk amphibious assualt on the southern tip of the Russian island. It's very attractive in that you can capture and airfield and a sea port. I had been using that sea port to rearm my Ticonderoga every turn. Maybe that took a bite out of the budget. Nevertheless, my assualt ran out of steam becuase my units weren't being replenished and the Russians controlled the central island.

Ah, now it sounds similar to my strategy. However, you will have more success in a two-pronged assault. The first from the Central area (Priority one for me), while holding this area, most of the enemy forces will be trying to take it from you. Then, I land that lovely force of Marines to open a second front, which eventually lessens the load on the Island force. After that, it's all downhill from there. Twisted Evil

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: