Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WT and D7
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VI 6

PostPosted: Mar Wed 30, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: WT and D7 Reply with quote

Does anyone know what the D7 and WT designators on some of the Japenese forces stand for ?
Kab the Mentat

PostPosted: Mar Thu 31, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've wondered that too. I really can't tell the difference. Although I haven't played the Japanese much. I was sorta mad that Japan got almost all of the hidden units. I would've liked the US to have gotten G.I. Joe. Forget Cyber Ninja... No one can defeate G.I. Joe, son.

But seriously, if anyone knows I'd really like to know as well. It's been making me not-so-happy since I put in the codes for them.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Thu 31, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cough...japanese developed game...cough....that might be why the japanese army gets alot of the secret units. Twisted Evil
Kab the Mentat

PostPosted: Mar Thu 31, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blah I SAY! Everyone loves G.I. Joe. Those that say they don't are one of two things. Either a liar or a communist! Both equally as bad. Besides...they already got a Super Hyper Omega Alpha Go-Go EX navy. No carriers...but that's what the US 7th Fleet is for. Do they really need two Super Cobras?
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Apr Fri 01, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
Cough...japanese developed game...cough....that might be why the japanese army gets alot of the secret units. Twisted Evil

Yeah, well I guess I need to hurry up and start getting my game developed. Twisted Evil

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton

Last edited by SemperFi2382 on Apr Sat 02, 2005 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DoubleTap

PostPosted: Apr Fri 01, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFi2382 wrote:
Adoug wrote:

Yeah, well I guess I need to huury up and start getting my game developed. Twisted Evil

Dai Senryaku VIII- Modern Marine Tactics?
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Apr Sat 02, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Something like that. There's an old game I have called "Semper Fi" that is like the old Turn Based Strategy games (Hex board, etc). Focused basically on the types of battles that the US Marines would be involved in. I'd love to develop a modern version of that, however I was more wanting to make a game that included more hardware and the likes. Twisted Evil

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DoubleTap

PostPosted: Apr Sat 02, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opposed beach landings, like the island hopping campaing in the Pacific, would be rather one-sided affiars in favor of the defender nowadays though, wouldn't they, Semper Fi? Unless the attacker has air supremacy...
Kab the Mentat

PostPosted: Apr Sun 03, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have found the secret!!! I think the WT and D7 versions of the units are almost exactly the same except in two areas. One is cost...which makes some sense when I tell the second. Which is firepower. The WT and D7s have slightly more firepower. Now not all of them have more, but it's generally true. Also I think one of the two versions has more fuel. I sat on my butt for a couple hours later night playing and was looking for the differences of these.
Kab the Mentat

PostPosted: Apr Sun 03, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, my two cents on a Marine version. I'd love to see that. As for the defenders have a huge advantage...I'd still put my money on the Marine Corps even though I'm an Army man myself (Grandfather fought the Reds in Korea...was in the Army, so I can't help it).
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Sun 03, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I only have two loves in this world, my mother and the Marine Corps. The only reason I love my mother is cause she raised a Marine." Just a quote my dad used to say, since he was in the Marines. But, personally, I respect all of our armed forces...but have a loyalty to the Marines for the same reason as Kab cares for the Army.

LETS HEAR A HOORA FOR ALL OUR BOYS AND GIRLS IN THE MILITARY!

Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Apr Sun 03, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOORA!!! Semper FI!!
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Apr Thu 07, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoubleTap wrote:
Opposed beach landings, like the island hopping campaing in the Pacific, would be rather one-sided affiars in favor of the defender nowadays though, wouldn't they, Semper Fi? Unless the attacker has air supremacy...

You'd be surpised to know that in the first Desert Storm, we actually DID do an amphibious landing in some parts of Kuwait. Lol, the Iraqis for the most part dropped their gear and ran for the hills. Laughing

In all actuality, nowadays our landings are more than a simple matter of bombard and then land with amphibious units. We use more of a combined arms deal. We use some precision pre-bombardment (where necessary) then bring in the Cobras, Harriers, LAVs, LCACs, AAV-7s, some LSTs and transport helos. It's more like if all of the armed forces attacked a single target at once. Navy shells them, the Army sends troops and vehicles while the Air Force does some Close Air Support. Though the USMC has a little of everything, so we can do it all on our own.

...Though all the squids are really good for is the ride. Laughing

Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Thu 07, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh oh...here comes the love/hate battle between the Navy and Marines... Laughing Twisted Evil
VI 6

PostPosted: Apr Sat 09, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes they(D7s and WTs) do have more firepower, and sometimes they have better detection numbers or more stealth.The problem is I can't find any consistency in differences in the different types of units.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: