Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Xbox 360 and PS3

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> The Suggestion Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
da3chicago



Joined: 07 May 2005
Posts: 32
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: May Tue 17, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Xbox 360 and PS3 Reply with quote

What games are looking for the system and what games would you like to see on the next generation platforms?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Arpeegy
Guest





PostPosted: Jul Sat 02, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Massive online roleplaying games, such as Star Wars Galaxies. Also as many turn based strategy games as possible. How about a reincarnation of the Star Fleet Command: Orion Pirates edition for Xbox 360 with a totally revamped Dynaverse for Xbox Live (or a game similar to it). Now that would be cool.
Back to top
SemperFi2382



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Posts: 775
Location: Chicago Suburbs, IL USA

PostPosted: Jul Sat 02, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to Gears of War and Call of Duty 2 on the 360.
_________________

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Adoug
Site Admin


Joined: 31 Oct 2003
Posts: 746
Location: Seatown

PostPosted: Jul Tue 05, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call of Duty looked nice on the 360, I saw it at E3. Morrowind Oblivion for me (Call of Duty too, but Morrowind is definetly in there).
_________________
"The path to Knighthood is paved with strength and nobility, not LSD and sideburns." Black Knight from Family Guy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nathan
Guest





PostPosted: Jul Thu 07, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sorry but turn based stratiges don't relly have aney real stratigy. I mean in the real world of military a enemy team just dosent stop in motion and let another team postioin there troups and tanks. If you want a real stratigy game why don' t you try playing command an conquer or ri se of nations, bowth imply military and you must scavenge for resources. Aneyways there are plenty of addons and newer versoins ofthows games.
Back to top
Arpeegy
Guest





PostPosted: Jul Fri 08, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nathan wrote:
Im sorry but turn based stratiges don't relly have aney real stratigy. I mean in the real world of military a enemy team just dosent stop in motion and let another team postioin there troups and tanks. If you want a real stratigy game why don' t you try playing command an conquer or ri se of nations, bowth imply military and you must scavenge for resources. Aneyways there are plenty of addons and newer versoins ofthows games.


Nathan,

I disagree. Strategy is about out-thinking your opponent, not out-clicking them. RTS games are more about how fast you can click and react to your enemy than it is about real strategy. They are far more tactical then strategic.

A turn based game on the other hand is all about strategy. Strategy on a grand scale does not happen instantaneously even in real life. It can take weeks to move men and equipment for battle. In the process you must out-think your enemy or they will foil your plans before you can even impliment them. This is why Dai Senryaku is superior to any RTS I have played. Both types of game are fun...but you will never get the same feel for strategy that a turn based game provides.
Back to top
JVGFanatic



Joined: 07 Dec 2004
Posts: 275
Location: Portland (the westardly one)

PostPosted: Jul Fri 08, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arpeegy wrote:
Nathan wrote:
Im sorry but turn based stratiges don't relly have aney real stratigy. I mean in the real world of military a enemy team just dosent stop in motion and let another team postioin there troups and tanks. If you want a real stratigy game why don' t you try playing command an conquer or ri se of nations, bowth imply military and you must scavenge for resources. Aneyways there are plenty of addons and newer versoins ofthows games.


Nathan,

I disagree. Strategy is about out-thinking your opponent, not out-clicking them. RTS games are more about how fast you can click and react to your enemy than it is about real strategy. They are far more tactical then strategic.

A turn based game on the other hand is all about strategy. Strategy on a grand scale does not happen instantaneously even in real life. It can take weeks to move men and equipment for battle. In the process you must out-think your enemy or they will foil your plans before you can even impliment them. This is why Dai Senryaku is superior to any RTS I have played. Both types of game are fun...but you will never get the same feel for strategy that a turn based game provides.


That's okay, Nathan apparently doesn't think "chess" is a strategic game.

The other day I played a RTS that felt very strategic (and tactical, for that matter). It was Kessen 3, which I feel is the best Kessen yet.

Why didn't I come into this topic with more to say....Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SemperFi2382



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Posts: 775
Location: Chicago Suburbs, IL USA

PostPosted: Jul Sat 09, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nathan wrote:
Im sorry but turn based stratiges don't relly have aney real stratigy. I mean in the real world of military a enemy team just dosent stop in motion and let another team postioin there troups and tanks. If you want a real stratigy game why don' t you try playing command an conquer or ri se of nations, bowth imply military and you must scavenge for resources. Aneyways there are plenty of addons and newer versoins ofthows games.


Nathan, you're wrong. I've been there, done that.

I already replied to your nonsense in your OTHER thread that you complained in.

Like I said, Doug has me on a short leash. Because this isn't a battlefield, it's a forum. Now, if you want to have a decent discussion, try spell check and stop thinking RTS is better when both games (TB vs RTS) all have their good points vs their bad.

Not trying to drag your method of thinking into other threads is also a good idea. Makes you less annoying that way.
_________________

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
nathan
Guest





PostPosted: Aug Fri 12, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sorry its just all to fun annoying you guyes. Yes you guys are right about some points that you have put but the fact is if you are transporthing troups, weapons, or medial supplyes thrugh enemy lines the transport will be consintley moving and if the enemy found out about this they would send a force of there own agan witch is consitntly moving. Then the two forces meat each other (still moving) and engage in combat then the commander has to make quick thinking disions due to the fact that the battle will not just pause so he can think it out!
Back to top
SemperFi2382



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Posts: 775
Location: Chicago Suburbs, IL USA

PostPosted: Aug Fri 12, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan wrote:
Im sorry its just all to fun annoying you guyes. Yes you guys are right about some points that you have put but the fact is if you are transporthing troups, weapons, or medial supplyes thrugh enemy lines the transport will be consintley moving and if the enemy found out about this they would send a force of there own agan witch is consitntly moving. Then the two forces meat each other (still moving) and engage in combat then the commander has to make quick thinking disions due to the fact that the battle will not just pause so he can think it out!


Well, that is the tactical portion of a battle. You see, Generals see the whole picture and it's HOW they move their troops that also affect the course of a battle. World War II would have been vastly different if a few Generals responded differently to the threats that were posed.

It's called cause and effect. Turn Based doesn't mean that it takes 20 min to make a move. Keep in mind that you are moving individual units and not saying, this front keep attacking here and that that front attack there and individual commanders go and execute their orders. This game plays from the General's point of view, not that of someone that makes more tactical decisions.

Yes, maybe it's all in motion, but RTS games for the vast majority are unrealistic in their own right. There are the few that have done this well, Sudden Strike and Blitzkrieg to name two recent titles, but the vast essence of war cannot be captured outside of Turn Based.
_________________

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
irashunal
Guest





PostPosted: Aug Wed 24, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: nathan, nathan, nathan... tsk tsk tsk Reply with quote

I can't decide whether Nathan just has poor vocab skills or is he drunk?

One of the things i hate about RTS games is the fact that the AI doesn't have all of the little problems that we seem to have slowing us down: our natural less than stellar decision-to-reaction timing, problems getting the freaking mouse to do what you want it to do, missing that one unit that was a bit outside the group you were planning to 'box' highlight and send forward, etc.

AI always produces faster, acts faster, etc. The only saving grace for us mere humans is the fact that the majority of the AI setups in these games can't outthink a tipsy rodent. What we lack in speed we make up for in efficiency, cunning, and for the most part - common sense application of production and our forces.
Back to top
SemperFi2382



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Posts: 775
Location: Chicago Suburbs, IL USA

PostPosted: Aug Thu 25, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: nathan, nathan, nathan... tsk tsk tsk Reply with quote

irashunal wrote:
I can't decide whether Nathan just has poor vocab skills or is he drunk?

One of the things i hate about RTS games is the fact that the AI doesn't have all of the little problems that we seem to have slowing us down: our natural less than stellar decision-to-reaction timing, problems getting the freaking mouse to do what you want it to do, missing that one unit that was a bit outside the group you were planning to 'box' highlight and send forward, etc.

AI always produces faster, acts faster, etc. The only saving grace for us mere humans is the fact that the majority of the AI setups in these games can't outthink a tipsy rodent. What we lack in speed we make up for in efficiency, cunning, and for the most part - common sense application of production and our forces.


Add in the usual drunken pathfinding and the sheer fact that tanks can't die from a 5.56mm round. Laughing
_________________

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SemperFi2382



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Posts: 775
Location: Chicago Suburbs, IL USA

PostPosted: Sep Tue 13, 2005 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Doug is there any plans in the pipeline for any XBox 360 or PS3 titles? I'm looking forward to seeing what Kemco is bringing to the next Gen of gaming. *coughDaiSenryakucough* Twisted Evil
_________________

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Adoug
Site Admin


Joined: 31 Oct 2003
Posts: 746
Location: Seatown

PostPosted: Sep Tue 13, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are currently not developing games for the Xbox 360 or PS3. Rolling Eyes

However, that does not mean we wont in the future....
Stay tuned. Twisted Evil
_________________
"The path to Knighthood is paved with strength and nobility, not LSD and sideburns." Black Knight from Family Guy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SemperFi2382



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Posts: 775
Location: Chicago Suburbs, IL USA

PostPosted: Sep Tue 13, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
We are currently not developing games for the Xbox 360 or PS3. Rolling Eyes

However, that does not mean we wont in the future....
Stay tuned. Twisted Evil


Ah well, I'm sure it will be worth the wait...

...Lmao, whatever it is we are waiting for. Laughing
_________________

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> The Suggestion Box All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to: