Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dai Senryaku Xbox Live Enabled

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> The Suggestion Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arpeegy

PostPosted: May Sat 07, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Dai Senryaku Xbox Live Enabled Reply with quote

A version of Dai Senryaku that is Xbox Live Enabled would be awesome. This is by far my favorite Xbox Live title. But then I am a serious turn-based strategy game nerd.
angrysky

PostPosted: Jun Sat 18, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: dai senryaku live/squad based action rank system, please. Reply with quote

If Kemco could make die senryaku an action based game that incorporated a military ranking system and live action gaming(including XBox Live) we could play in realtime against other players and AI support. Where a General is commanding the forces and lower ranking officers are resbonsible for their units conduct in live action combat. Hopefully we are on the verge of a new online version of this awesome game.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jun Sat 18, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: dai senryaku live/squad based action rank system, pleas Reply with quote

angrysky wrote:
If Kemco could make die senryaku an action based game that incorporated a military ranking system and live action gaming(including XBox Live) we could play in realtime against other players and AI support. Where a General is commanding the forces and lower ranking officers are resbonsible for their units conduct in live action combat. Hopefully we are on the verge of a new online version of this awesome game.

No offense, but are you saying you'd rather see this as a RTS? That's just not right. Turn Based needs to maintain what titles they have in their own corner without being "whored out" to other genres. Mad

However, I don't think this will ever happen because Kemco is merely a publisher and not a developer of the Dai Senryaku series. Smile

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Arpeegy

PostPosted: Jul Sat 02, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: dai senryaku live/squad based action rank system, pleas Reply with quote

SemperFi2382 wrote:
angrysky wrote:

No offense, but are you saying you'd rather see this as a RTS? That's just not right. Turn Based needs to maintain what titles they have in their own corner without being "whored out" to other genres. Mad

However, I don't think this will ever happen because Kemco is merely a publisher and not a developer of the Dai Senryaku series. Smile

Dai Senryaku needs to stay turn-based. NEVER ruin this game by making it a RTS (or as I like to think about them...the fastest click win games). Now, since the game is multiplayer they could make the game work by allowing all the players to do their turns simutaneously, similar to Masters of Orion 3, when it is played online. Allow the players to set up a reasonable turn time limit for pieces to be moved. If that time expires and all your pieces are not moved then you forfeit the moves for that unit on that turn. In this way all the gamers are forced to move their units without waiting for the other guy to move their units first...thus not giving a player who chooses to wait an initiative advantage, since the longer you wait to begin moving the more likely you will be to lose a unit's turn to move.

This would also remove the boredom factor from the other waiting players since the turns are done together...everybody moves at the same time...nobody has to wait past the set time limit for the turn. It would also dramatically speed up game play and allow a good game to be completed in a realistic Xbox Live time frame. Once a player has moved all their units they could end their turn thus a turn could end prior to the established time if all players check in. Combats would be handled as they occur during routine movement the same way that they occur now. Only it would be more interesting because the strategy would change on the fly as each player brought in new units to counter their enemy.
da3chicago

PostPosted: Jul Tue 05, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Xbox live Reply with quote

Hopefully it will be xbox live for the next installment
Arpeegy

PostPosted: Jul Fri 08, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: Xbox live Reply with quote

da3chicago wrote:

Agreed. Hopefully they will listen to my suggestions as well. I would hate to have to sit through 3 other players turns before I got back to mine again. If they stick to the current game play pattern for online play then it should be an e-mail type game.
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Jul Fri 08, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Systemsoft Alpha is the one that will have to listen, unless Kemco ADDS the feature...of course there being absolutely no other XBox daisenryaku in the works (at least according to SystemSoft Alpha's website) kinda puts a damper on the possiblity of a "Live" Daisneryaku...
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Sat 09, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Xbox live Reply with quote

Arpeegy wrote:
da3chicago wrote:

Agreed. Hopefully they will listen to my suggestions as well. I would hate to have to sit through 3 other players turns before I got back to mine again. If they stick to the current game play pattern for online play then it should be an e-mail type game.

Eventually, I'll get around to making a game like Dai Senryaku and that feature is something I'd like to implement. I've seen that feature in other games (the original Age of Wonders for example) and I loved it. Still turn based, but you had a more pronounced action/reaction scenario.

Then again, I could try modding a game, but until I get some more experience under my belt, I think we're gonna have to make do. Twisted Evil

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Arpeegy

PostPosted: Jul Fri 22, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Shattered Union is coming out and it appears to be similar to Dai. It is online enabled so I guess we will all get to see how they handled online play come October.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> The Suggestion Box All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: