Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Remake of Shadowgate, Deja Vu, Uninvited
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> The Suggestion Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Aug Mon 02, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Remake of Shadowgate, Deja Vu, Uninvited Reply with quote

It would really be cool if Shadowgate, Deja Vu, and Uninvited could be remade for the modern consoles. Even make a new one or two. Kemco was the only one who made those kind of games. They make you think.
Coarse Limely

PostPosted: Aug Fri 06, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever checked out Shadowgate 64, Mr. Guest? I really liked it a lot, but it got trashed in the reviews. Phooey on them! It's a great adventure game with some cool referrences to the original Shadowgate. Pick it up if you can find a copy.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Feb Mon 28, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Remake of Shadowgate, Deja Vu, Uninvited Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
It would really be cool if Shadowgate, Deja Vu, and Uninvited could be remade for the modern consoles. Even make a new one or two. Kemco was the only one who made those kind of games. They make you think.

Oh man, Deja Vu...That game brings back some memories. Laughing

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
shinosuke

PostPosted: Apr Tue 12, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Shadowgate for mobile phones Reply with quote

Usually I am not in the business of promoting one of our competitor's products, but Shadowgate is too cool to not mention. Anyway, Shadowgate will be coming out in the next few months to mobile phones.

Check this link for details.
http://www.vindigostudios.com/products/shadowgate/
indierockclimber

PostPosted: Apr Tue 26, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoa Kemco did The Uninvited? Damn, I had never even heard of them until I bought Dai Senryaku. Uninvited was one of my favorite games ever.
Blue Dragoon77

PostPosted: May Sun 15, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I would love to know what happened to Shadowgate Rising. It was supposed to be a sequal to the N64 game Shadowgate 64. I heard rare tidbits on it for months, and then it just dropped out of existance without a word. When I went to the official Shadowgate site they were no help at all. Confused
Any news on a new Shadowgate would be nice. The last one I picked up was the remake for the GameBoy color.

PostPosted: Jul Sun 31, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Remake of Shadowgate, Deja Vu, Uninvited Reply with quote

Any chance that the original Shadowgate and other Kemco games will be available to download on the Nintendo Revolution with its backwards compatible ability for NES/SNES/N64 games? I don't mind paying a few bucks to download some of these games.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Aug Mon 01, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there is a chance. Wink Twisted Evil
tyrannical

PostPosted: Aug Fri 05, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was that "original" shadowgate the same one that was "originally" on the Apple ][E?
Coarse Limely

PostPosted: Aug Mon 08, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I've got a version of it for the IIGS, but I never saw one for the IIe.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Mon 08, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coarse Limely wrote:
I know I've got a version of it for the IIGS, but I never saw one for the IIe.

Weren't they one in the same system-wise? All the games I had on the IIgs worked fine on the IIe and vice versa.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Coarse Limely

PostPosted: Aug Tue 09, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFi2382 wrote:

Weren't they one in the same system-wise? All the games I had on the IIgs worked fine on the IIe and vice versa.

No. The IIgs was a more advanced system. That's like saying that you could play ps2 games on a ps1.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Wed 10, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coarse Limely wrote:
SemperFi2382 wrote:

No. The IIgs was a more advanced system. That's like saying that you could play ps2 games on a ps1.

Wow, it's been so long that I've actually forgotten. Laughing

Good times that was. I still remember quite a few games, though now I'm really missing a side scrolling WWII fighter game. That game was addicting because the missions got increasingly harder and you had to land and takeoff from a carrier for each reload. The coolest part was that you could pick from 3 weapons which were rockets, bombs and a single torpedo. The enemies ranged from AA guns, to full blown carriers that launched aircraft and even had fighters that attacked your carrier from time to time. Cool

Hehe, geez and I remember a Fleet Command Game that was one of the best Surface Warship Sims around at the time. Shocked

Oh and can't forget King's Quest III (I think).

Coarse Limely

PostPosted: Aug Wed 10, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The IIgs version of Marble Madness was the best version of the game, I thought. I spent many an hour mastering that game. My favorite Apple game of all time, though, is Conan. It's a IIe game, and I would highly recommend that any fan of action-platformers check it out on emulation or even track down a hard copy of the game for the hardcore. Archon was fun, too.
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Aug Thu 11, 2005 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite Apple II game seems kind of silly cause I grew up with the Apple line of computers and played pretty much everything. Even ended up working for the company some number of years after I started using Macs. I played all the Infocom and Broederbund games, Bard's Tale, Ultima, Wizardry, etc... but the one game that really leaps out at me is (drum roll):

Robot Odyssey

In this edutainment toy you have to program (with the use of an iconic language) robots to accomplish tasks. It should be noted that I was in High School when this game was out but we still played it like it was made for us, lol. It's been forever since I've seen the game but its spirit lives on (at least in part) in games like: Carnage Heart and Pandora Project for PSX, Marionette Handler for JDC, etc... but none of those is as cute and cool as Robot Odyssey. What was probably particularly cool about the game was that the schools in the area where I was growing up at the time (Juneau, AK) all allowed Robot Odyssey to be played in the computer labs.

http://members.aol.com/Fractal101/odyssey.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> The Suggestion Box All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: