Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does anybody remember an old NES game called 'Conflict'?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: May Sun 08, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Does anybody remember an old NES game called 'Conflict'? Reply with quote

I was just remebering this old NES game called 'Conflict'. Dai Senryaku VII reminds me of it so much. I have to admit I never really liked it. I loved that it was strategy and had modern military units but the game had many flaws. You could only be the Soviets (Red) or the US (Blue). Not only that the Soviet weapons were in every way superior to US ones. I guess that was a reflection of the pre-Gulf War thinking on the match-ups of NATO weapons vs. Warsaw Pact weapons. Does any one know if Dai Senryaku is related to this old NES game? If so it's been a dramatic evolution from that game to the current Dai Senryaku VII.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just found out a little more info on it. It was published in 1989 by a company called Vic Tokai. Here's some links I found:

Screenshots- A little crappy but the second shows you the DS VII style of play http://www.vgmuseum.com/images/nes/01/conflict.html

A review and FAQ is here. Just click under game info: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/nes/data/587197.html

Last edited by DanielRuoss on May Mon 09, 2005 4:05 pm; edited 4 times in total
Marathon

PostPosted: May Sun 08, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure -- though as to the pre-gulf-war thought, it'd be prudent to point out that the Gulf War was certainly no where near a fair match up of Western tech vs. Soviet tech. Unless you consider T72s to be the forefront of the Soviet arsenal Smile
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: May Mon 09, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marathon wrote:
Not sure -- though as to the pre-gulf-war thought, it'd be prudent to point out that the Gulf War was certainly no where near a fair match up of Western tech vs. Soviet tech. Unless you consider T72s to be the forefront of the Soviet arsenal Smile

The Gulf War was a poor display of Soviet Tech. The Iraqis didn't use Soviet tactics (not to mention that they didn't have the same number of resources) and they really didn't put up as much of a fight as the Russkies would have.

Anyhow, as far as I know this game is not related. Back in the NES days though, Turn Based Strategy on a hex grid was still faily popular. Unlike today where it's a more of a niche genre. Evil or Very Mad

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: May Mon 09, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the old Conflict game American units were just a little bit better in quality. However since the Red (Soviets) always had more resources the advantage was quickly negated. My point about the Gulf War was that while it was generally accepted that the west had better technology I think it came as a surprise, especially to the Soviets, just how outclassed they were. Prior to the Gulf War there was some evidence with the performance of US aircraft in the service of the Israeli Air Force. Yet many of their lopsided air victories were attributed to pilot superiority than to the inherent capabilties of the aircraft. While this is certainly true the Gulf War showed how far behind Soviet weapons were in their capabilities on the modern battlefield. I understand the point about Iraqi resources being limited and that they couldn't use the old Soviet doctrine of overwhelming an enemy with sheer numbers alone. I can't help thinking though that the Soviet military community wasn't appalled at the performance of their tanks. The Iraqis might as well have been driving golf carts with the way that American weapons destoyed them.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: May Tue 10, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soviet Airpower is some of the best fighters out there though. Namely the Flanker Series. Those are some seriously nasty planes to be dealing with and if some decent pilots were using them, we'd have had more losses from air to air combat. The Iraqis had Mig-29 Fulcrums, but they were either grounded or simply outmatched skill wise.

But yeah, the Soviet tech took a bloody nose from the allies for sure. The fact that a lot of Western tech that was there was designed for defeating Soviet tech shows how intense a real war with the Soviets would have been. (aka high casualties and no clear winners)

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
The_Sacrament

PostPosted: May Tue 10, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm im not sure i looked up the game on ebay and only found one copy,but i would like to try this game if i could find it.

General Dwight D. Eisenhower
DoubleTap

PostPosted: May Tue 10, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell, the Iraqis buried their tanks up to the turret, thinking this was a GOOD idea.

By the way, I just downloaded a turn based strategy war game called "Military Madness" into my phone. It's pretty fun.
The_Sacrament

PostPosted: May Wed 11, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm that is pretty funny, why would u bury a tank,thats like burying a guy up to the head with his gun out.

General Dwight D. Eisenhower
MidnightGreen

PostPosted: Jun Tue 14, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: Super Conflict Reply with quote

I loved for the SNES a game called Super Conflict. I got screwed and bought 2 copies of it off ebay but I have fired that game up on many occassions and still do. If I wasnt so lazy I would sell my extra copy on ebay.
ROBERT

PostPosted: Jun Tue 14, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much are you asking for that copy?

We can do bussines if u r interested...
ROBERT

PostPosted: Jun Tue 14, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never knew about this Conflict game, but I remember a NES game called Desert Commander though, which I think is also Kemco's, that one was pretty good, I remember playing that with my cousin an entire summer.

By the way, in those years I remember having seen several times in Blockbuster a SNES game which name I cannot remember, but on the cartridge design it has an actual picture a US desert (brown) uniformed soldier and some other warfare elements that I just can't remember quite well.

Does anybody know the game I'm talking about?

Is that the Super Conflict game MidnightGreen here is talking about?

PostPosted: Jun Wed 15, 2005 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert that is exactly the game I am talking about. Like I said I got screwed buying it on ebay for $40 with box and instruction manual I was stuck in some bidding war. I assumed I had lost and then found it for $10 no book or box and bought that. To my surprise the Ebay seller called me as soon as auction ended asking how I would pay and being a man of my word I paid even though I already purchased the other. I will send you a PM to discuss
CasaDeQueso

PostPosted: Jun Mon 27, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody have a screen shot of "Conflict," I think that's the game I've been racking my brain for months trying to remember...

PostPosted: Jun Mon 27, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.marvel.by.ru/scrdb/nesdb/html/conflict_(u)_%5B!%5D.html
CasaDeQueso

PostPosted: Jun Mon 27, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks just like Dai Senryaku! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: