Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ozero Beloe. Blue (US) vs. Red (JAP), Yellow (RUS).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: May Thu 12, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Ozero Beloe. Blue (US) vs. Red (JAP), Yellow (RUS). Reply with quote

Man! This map was hard for me! I finally beat it though. This was one map where the so called 'cheap win' strategy is hard to pull off. I was Blue using American units. The computer played as Red with Japanese units. They protect their capital quite well on this map. My first attempt was a disaster! I go in for the landing and the place is surrounded by Type 90 tanks and Type 87 SPAAGs. The rest of my strategy for this one was failing me as well. I had just unlocked the M39 ATACMS (I've going slow through the mission mode) and was using a bunch of them to hold back enemy advances. Man this weapon system is awesome! This worked quite well at first but the attack helicopters that Yellow (Russian units) and Red (they're allies in this one) send are relentless. Eventually they penetrated my screen of Patriots and Avengers and poked hole in my line of ATACMS. I finally found the right balance between ATACMS and air defenses and was able to build a strike force of 2 Chinook's with 2 commandos each and 3 B1-B bombers. I was finally able to overwhelm the Red capital defense which then allowed me to concentrate on Yellow alone. I left the commandos around the area of the former Red capital equipped with SAMS to harass the Yellow assault helicopters that kept coming in. With extra funds pouring in I built a new commando force using V-22 Ospreys. As they slowly made their way to the capital I used the B1-B's to take out Yellow supply vehicles and other targets of opportunity. When their Flankers showed up though I took the hint and by that time the Ospreys were close to the capital so I had the B1-Bs rendezvous with them for the final act. The Yellow capital is less protected and I took it easily.

This map was hard though. It was on my 4th time that I won. The balance between defense and offense was hard for me to find here. While the defensive strategy worked in the short term if you gave the computer long enough it would beat you through attrition. They take appalling losses but this game is about simple victory not how many body bags are filled. I had thought this game was getting too easy but not anymore! Has anyone else played this map? I'd like to know what you did to win! Very Happy
The_Sacrament

PostPosted: May Thu 12, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds fun,those Rockets our tough bastards arent they.I hope it was challenging,yet fun.

General Dwight D. Eisenhower
ROBERT

PostPosted: May Sat 14, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: just one question Reply with quote

just one question for danielruoss..

What do you mean by "I had just unlocked the M39 ATACMS "?

Ain´t those unlocked on free play since the beggining?....I mean....those were never locked on free play...were they?
DeviousPENGUIN

PostPosted: May Sun 15, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah they were. you have to beat the border lands map. you know the one where your capital is 10 squares from the russian capital and seperated by a mountain range
ROBERT

PostPosted: May Sun 15, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be wrong, but the mission you are reffering to is "Border Dispute" I understand..and by completing that one I got unlocked the attack heli 500MD Lahatut (Israel), not the M39 ATACMS..I insist..those were never unlocked fo me on free play mode..

Am I wrong?
ROBERT

PostPosted: May Sun 15, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you take a look at the FAQ guide by JVGFanatic at Http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/file/daisenryaku_vii.txt

you'll see that the M39 ATACMS were never locked

If I'm missing something you please let me know
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: May Sun 15, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROBERT wrote:
I might be wrong, but the mission you are reffering to is "Border Dispute" I understand..and by completing that one I got unlocked the attack heli 500MD Lahatut (Israel), not the M39 ATACMS..I insist..those were never unlocked fo me on free play mode..

Am I wrong?

That mission unlocked the FB-22s as I recall.

As for the ATACMS, I don't think they were ever locked, but I beat Mission Mode before I even touched the Free Play.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: May Tue 17, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROBERT wrote:

Am I wrong?

I may be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time! Wink Regardless, it was the 'border' mission that brought the M39 ATACMS to my attention. I just didn't notice it was available before. I tend to use the same the units and a lot of my saved units so to be honest I haven't done a thorough browsing of the US unit lists. However I'm now a big fan of it! To me each of those ATACMS saves me from having to make 3 other grounds units such as tanks and tank destroyers.

All of this is besides the point though. I was hoping to solicit thoughts as to the weapons and tactics other players may use in this scenario. Has anyone else played this map?
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: May Wed 18, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't played it just yet. I've been playing mostly 4 player maps with my buddy.

The next time I play solo, I'll pickup this map and then I'll let you in on what strats and tactics I use. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: