Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

XBox 360 & Kemco Games
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What games would you like to see on the next generation system
Chicago Enforcers
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
83%
 83%  [ 15 ]
Top Gear RPM Tuning
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Yager
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18

da3chicago

PostPosted: May Sat 14, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: XBox 360 & Kemco Games Reply with quote

What games sequel would you like to see on the next generation system made by Kemco ? And what type of improvements
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jun Wed 29, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: XBox 360 & Kemco Games Reply with quote

da3chicago wrote:
What games sequel would you like to see on the next generation system made by Kemco ? And what type of improvements

Dai Senryaku VII or any of the others that haven't been ported yet.

As for additions, how's about a Play by E-mail function? Oh, yeah and a hide country screen inbetween turns so that we don't have to "pretend" to not see the other country. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Arpeegy

PostPosted: Jul Sat 02, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: XBox 360 & Kemco Games Reply with quote

da3chicago wrote:

Another Dai Senryaku title for Xbox 360. The game should be made online enabled for Xbox Live. You could maintain a turn based system that allowed for simultaneous turns, similar to Masters of Orion 3, by allowing players to set up turn time limits. Each player would thus move their pieces at the same time. If they have not moved all thier pieces before the time limit expires then they would lose those unit's turns. In this way each player would be forced to move their units instead of waiting out other players to move their units first, and without having to sit around getting bored waiting for 3 other players to finish their turns. Combats would occur the same way they do now, during movement as units get within combat range, only the combats would be more fluid as each player reacted to new threats as they popped up. The game remains turn based since each unit only has one move per turn and all players get the same time to react/think/move. The turn could be stopped early if all players finish up and check in that their turn is over (the units they want to move have been moved). In this way an online game could be finished in reasonable time without having to become a real time strategy game.

You may also find this will bring in more gamers since the "boredom" factor is removed while still maintaining a turn based style of play. a.k.a. a thinking game instead of a reflex game.
da3chicago

PostPosted: Jul Tue 05, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: I agree Reply with quote

I agree it should be similar to Masters of Orion 3. It would def. speed up the game. This game would be in the xbox top #5 for sure for xbox live right now if it was enabled.

PostPosted: Jul Thu 21, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: I agree Reply with quote

da3chicago wrote:
I agree it should be similar to Masters of Orion 3. It would def. speed up the game. This game would be in the xbox top #5 for sure for xbox live right now if it was enabled.

I've never played Masters of Orion 3, but I'm quite familiar with the system in one form or another in other strategy games. I agree this would make the game that much more interesting.

Ooh Rah! Carry on. Cool
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Thu 21, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: I agree Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
da3chicago wrote:

I've never played Masters of Orion 3, but I'm quite familiar with the system in one form or another in other strategy games. I agree this would make the game that much more interesting.

Ooh Rah! Carry on. Cool

Lol, oops. Forgot to log in. Laughing

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Jul Thu 21, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not against the system you describe except for one big reason. I hate time limits in strategy games. Now we not only have to worry about find a player that matches our skill in using the units, we also have to find players that are fast players. I think a time limit would make fewer players play it.

Alas, a PBM system for strategy games would rule Smile

Alternatively (though similar to PBM), the game would be saved on a server and players could take turns as their turn came up and as time allowed.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Fri 22, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
I'm not against the system you describe except for one big reason. I hate time limits in strategy games. Now we not only have to worry about find a player that matches our skill in using the units, we also have to find players that are fast players. I think a time limit would make fewer players play it.

Alternatively (though similar to PBM), the game would be saved on a server and players could take turns as their turn came up and as time allowed.

That would work to.

I think that there should be an "idle" time limit so to speak though. Such as, if a player does not move a piece x amount of time after the last player has "ended" their turn, the turn is "forced" so that the game can continue. This would still allow a player to "think for a bit", but at the same time, not hold a game up indefinitely.

JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Jul Fri 22, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFi2382 wrote:
JVGFanatic wrote:

That would work to.

I think that there should be an "idle" time limit so to speak though. Such as, if a player does not move a piece x amount of time after the last player has "ended" their turn, the turn is "forced" so that the game can continue. This would still allow a player to "think for a bit", but at the same time, not hold a game up indefinitely.

Links 2004 has that and every player I've played with finds it annoying as hell. Those of us with kids, particularly. I only play games when the wife is watching my boy (actually I almost never play these days, lol) but if she needs help I need to walk away. Given Live's mic I can simply tell the other players I'll brb.

Time limits only encourage the kind of gaming Microsoft wants gamers to have. The Live games are all centered around the quick gaming fix. Why do you think they've not made a MMORPG for the XBox yet? When a game is billed as one, the RPG aspects are usually put on the back burner while the "quick gaming fix" aspects are strengthened.

I don't know why this is the case but unless you can show me an MMORPG that plays like a real MMORPG in development for the XBox I'll eat my words. Everything that has been in the works has been nixxed and those that are slated seem to have the characteristics I described.

Bleh, that probably didn't make any sense but I've not the time to proof it. Son needs me Smile
Arpeegy

PostPosted: Jul Fri 22, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, time limits can be frustrating but not as frustrating as never getting your turn because the other online player simply walks away because they are losing or otherwise.

If the time limit is set by the players before game it should not be a real issue. In Masters of Orion 3 the turn time limits could be set by the players. If you want 5, 10, or 30 minute turns it should be allowed. Heck, if you want a turn to last an hour then set it up.

The whole idea of everybody moving together is to save on game time and attact new players to the turn-based realm. It is hard to attract new gamers to a game if they have to wait 30 minutes to an hour to play their next turn. If the game remains in this state then it should definately be e-mail or server based.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Sun 24, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Kind of sad at the same time it's hard to get people to play a game just because it's not "fast paced".

irashunal

PostPosted: Aug Tue 23, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: i blame the RTS genre Reply with quote

You can blame Command & Conquer for the dying state of turn based games, the thinking man's games. Now everything from warfare to dungeons and dragons is RTS. Bugger.

I'd really really like to see a well done turn based D & D style game on 360 - i loved Final Fantasy Tactics and thought they could have done sooo much more with that genre of animation. With the spells and special moves and such you could really program some WOW back into the turn based games. But no one is programming for that anymore.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Tue 23, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: i blame the RTS genre Reply with quote

irashunal wrote:
You can blame Command & Conquer for the dying state of turn based games, the thinking man's games. Now everything from warfare to dungeons and dragons is RTS. Bugger.

I'd really really like to see a well done turn based D & D style game on 360 - i loved Final Fantasy Tactics and thought they could have done sooo much more with that genre of animation. With the spells and special moves and such you could really program some WOW back into the turn based games. But no one is programming for that anymore.

Yeah, though there's is still hope with the smaller development houses that don't really release on a much larger scale. Not to mention that there are Game Developers that haven't abandoned the genre. I for one don't intend on letting this genre die. Wink

For now, let's just hope what we get is good enough to satiate our hunger for TBS. Twisted Evil

slime

PostPosted: Sep Thu 15, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be all for DS on 360 -- though as other say a more interactive turn based system -- though not as interactive as the new Advance Wars multiplayer mode -- thats pretty crap...

PS: I know someone who could do DS on the 360 for ya cheap...
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sep Thu 15, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slime...Do tell?... Twisted Evil (To all others out there, I personally know "slime", so dont take our conversations literally). Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Kemco General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: