Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stealth
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manikese

PostPosted: May Thu 19, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Stealth Reply with quote

How does the stealth attribute come into play?
Is there really a difference between a stealth level of 24 and that of 12?

Why is the B2 bomber so much more expensive than the B-1B?

Thanks for your input guys!
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: May Thu 19, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Stealth Reply with quote

Manikese wrote:
How does the stealth attribute come into play?
Is there really a difference between a stealth level of 24 and that of 12?

Why is the B2 bomber so much more expensive than the B-1B?

Thanks for your input guys!

Stealth comes into play when the stealth unit is in range of enemy radar equipped units. The higher the stealth rating, the lower the chance the enemy will detect you via their radar. However, this will not prevent you from being spotted visually (aka you fly right next to an enemy).

Stealth also helps missle based attack evasion.

The reason the B-2 costs so much more is because it is a true stealth unit. Whereas, the B-1B is not a true stealth unit, though it is much stealthier than say the B-52 (which isn't in this game, but IRL that how it is)

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Manikese

PostPosted: May Fri 20, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man, I appreciate your reply!
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: May Fri 20, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manikese wrote:
Thanks man, I appreciate your reply!

Anytime. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DoubleTap

PostPosted: May Fri 20, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And when he says 'anytime', he means it. If you ask SF a question, check back soon. He's FAST.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: May Fri 20, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoubleTap wrote:
And when he says 'anytime', he means it. If you ask SF a question, check back soon. He's FAST.

Laughing Twisted Evil Cool

PostPosted: Aug Sat 06, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SF:

When you wrote "The higher the stealth rating, the lower the chance the enemy will detect you via their radar"....what is that "chance" youre talking about?..I mean..how is it calculated?....have you ever done any test regarding this matter?

For "chance" I understand that sometimes the enemy will detect flying stealthy units and sometimes they will not...being the less stealthy equipied more likely to be detected than the more stealthy ones...am I getting this right so far?

Maybe Adoug should clarify our path a little regarding this issue
ROBERT

PostPosted: Aug Sun 07, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in the answer to the above asked question......
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Mon 08, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
SF:

When you wrote "The higher the stealth rating, the lower the chance the enemy will detect you via their radar"....what is that "chance" youre talking about?..I mean..how is it calculated?....have you ever done any test regarding this matter?

For "chance" I understand that sometimes the enemy will detect flying stealthy units and sometimes they will not...being the less stealthy equipied more likely to be detected than the more stealthy ones...am I getting this right so far?

Maybe Adoug should clarify our path a little regarding this issue

I'm not sure if there is a calculation on this or not. All my test results come out skewed and never the same, but the trend makes it almost like the rating is the percent chance that they are detected each turn. This seems to apply once and only once a turn and not based off of how many units might be able to spot it.

Though in my opinion, the numbers are quite low for using percentages, but that might have been a play balance issue.

ROBERT

PostPosted: Aug Mon 08, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tought it was all the way around..I mean...what you are saying is the bigger the unit's stealth rating the bigger the chance it is going to be detected?..perhaps it's the opposite
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Tue 09, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROBERT wrote:
I tought it was all the way around..I mean...what you are saying is the bigger the unit's stealth rating the bigger the chance it is going to be detected?..perhaps it's the opposite

The bigger the Stealth rating, the smaller the chance that it will NOT be detected. The other means could be some sort of ratio.

Like with a Stealth Rating of say 20, there's a 1 in 20 chance that you will be detected. Whereas, a Stealth Rating of 10 has the possibility of being spotted 1 in 10. So the higher the rating, the higher the odds of NOT being detected.

Maybe that makes more sense.

For those that are confused, think of it like rolling dice. A 6-sided die gives you a 1 in 6 chance to get set number. So, if you wanted to spot a Stealth unit rated at a 6, you'd have to roll a 6 to see it. Otherwise, you can't see it. Now, say there's another unit with a rating of 2. Now, rolling that die, you have a 1 in 2 (50/50) chance of detecting it. So, now if you roll a 4, 5 or 6 you are successful and the unit is spotted.

So in this game, it's better to have a bigger Stealth Rating, as the higher your number, the less chance that the enemy will "win" and detect you.

ElricJC

PostPosted: Aug Tue 16, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Stealth defense Reply with quote

Stealth rating also adds to defense. The F-22 is such a bastard because not only does it have a huge evasion rating (58%/60%/56% Hi-Med-Low), but with its stealth rating this only increases.

For instance, an E level SU-35 Super Flanker attacked my E level F-15 Strike Eagle. It had around a 42% hit chance. Another SU-35 attacked my E level F-22. It had a 27% hit chance. Most of the time they seem to hit as often regardless of stealth, but over time I have found stealth to save my air units a lot of trouble. I usually use a strike force of 3 F-35s (Interceptor or VTOL configuration mostly, equipped with an all-missile auite) and 1 F-22 as roving attack fighters. They tend to fair well against any other enemy fighters due to their stealth advantage, both in detection and in defense values.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Sat 20, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Stealth defense Reply with quote

ElricJC wrote:
Stealth rating also adds to defense. The F-22 is such a bastard because not only does it have a huge evasion rating (58%/60%/56% Hi-Med-Low), but with its stealth rating this only increases.

The Raptor is truly a beast. It's fast, hard to hit and it can go for a decent amount of time alone. Too bad the Corps doesn't get any. The last thing the enemies need is US Marine Stealth aircraft in addition to a ton of Marines on the deck. Twisted Evil

ElricJC

PostPosted: Aug Sat 20, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Stealth fighters Reply with quote

Quote:
The Raptor is truly a beast. It's fast, hard to hit and it can go for a decent amount of time alone. Too bad the Corps doesn't get any

But the Corps will be getting the F-35C (VTOL variant). While it doesn't have the sophistication of the F-22, it still is a very capable stealth aircraft (Rating of 20 I believe, combined with an evasion rating of 55%). When configured with air weapons only, they have a 12 (1Cool move and 70 fuel. Not great compared to either the Eagle or the Raptor, but when its only 2200 per unit, you can field these easier than a Raptor, and they can be resupplied via supply trucks. Many times I use F-35s over F-22s as long as I have points of resupply along the way (be it a supply truck or two with a friendly city, airports, or a Wasp assault craft).
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Sun 21, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Stealth fighters Reply with quote

ElricJC wrote:
Quote:
The Raptor is truly a beast. It's fast, hard to hit and it can go for a decent amount of time alone. Too bad the Corps doesn't get any

But the Corps will be getting the F-35C (VTOL variant). While it doesn't have the sophistication of the F-22, it still is a very capable stealth aircraft (Rating of 20 I believe, combined with an evasion rating of 55%). When configured with air weapons only, they have a 12 (1Cool move and 70 fuel. Not great compared to either the Eagle or the Raptor, but when its only 2200 per unit, you can field these easier than a Raptor, and they can be resupplied via supply trucks. Many times I use F-35s over F-22s as long as I have points of resupply along the way (be it a supply truck or two with a friendly city, airports, or a Wasp assault craft).

This is true, though I tend to use Harriers instead of the F-35C because I'm just a big Harrier fan. Though I'm sure my sig image made that obvious. Besides, the Raptors look meaner. Twisted Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: