Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Favorite Units Anyone?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Feb Mon 21, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Favorite Units Anyone? Reply with quote

I was just curious, what are your favorite units? Mine would have to be the German Leopard Tanks, ATCMS, and any attack sub (love blasting fully loaded transport ships out of the water with some torpedos!). Glad to hear most everyone is lovin it! Twisted Evil
Adoug

Last edited by Adoug on Mar Wed 30, 2005 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Just a fan

PostPosted: Feb Mon 21, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Favorute Unit! Reply with quote

I just got done with the mission where you have to bring the LAV to you Capital. (Good One). The one that seems to save my but everytime in any mission yet are the Artillery pieces that can move and shoot.

PostPosted: Feb Mon 21, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definetly love the Lepoard tanks they kick serious ass when they level up! The Abrams is cool, but I am enjoying the russian tanks! I also agree that the mobile arty is a life saver! It saved my bacon plenty of times. Along with the subs ability to strike on land and water. It comes in handy when your on the defensive! Wink
Rohn

PostPosted: Feb Tue 22, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I just started playing last friday, I have only used the U.S.

I like the M1A2 Abrams tank. They are noticeably stronger than the M1.

It appears a weak tank is china's but then again, I have only attacked them, not played as china.
snowzone

PostPosted: Feb Wed 23, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite Units Anyone? Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
I was just curious, what are your favorite units?

mine are probably the plaladin and the a-10 thunderbolt. both are tough and being able to attack without being counter-attacked from a distance with the paladin makes for a great strategy...

i've sunk an unbelievable amount of time in this game...easily the best game i've ever played...
Foiden

PostPosted: Feb Thu 24, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. The A10 Thunderbolts (Warthogs) were always seen as the closest thing to an airborne tank, given they are hard to take down. It's cool that they seem to retain their staying power here. Not that I should be surprised given the 7 in the title (though this is not their seventh game), but it seems they've done their homework.
MisterToad

PostPosted: Feb Fri 25, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing like a good MLRS fire mission raining destruction on multiple enemy hexes. Twisted Evil
DeviousPENGUIN

PostPosted: Feb Fri 25, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That atac I think from the borderland mission was pretty impressive to at least on defense.
MisterToad

PostPosted: Feb Sun 27, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeviousPENGUIN wrote:
That atac I think from the borderland mission was pretty impressive to at least on defense.

I just started that mission last night. I agree, ATAC is quite devastating.
DoubleTap

PostPosted: Mar Fri 04, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATACs are unbelievable. In the Border Incident mission, 2 or 3 of them can pretty much contain the whole enemy incursion on the eastern side of your HQ.

But, ah, the B-1 Lancer. Hard to argue with those 2k pounders. Plus, it carries a ton of them, and has long legs.
Dag_Sabot

PostPosted: Mar Fri 04, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- I would say: " Its the new leopard". Wow!

PostPosted: Mar Fri 04, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh, the new Leopard. And the most expensive Merkava. I love the Israeli tanks with the 60mm motrars on them. Handy.
VI 6

PostPosted: Mar Wed 30, 2005 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm partial to the M109s, and MLRS, as thats what I worked with in the Army.Speaking of which it irks me that the ATACMS and MLRS are separate weapon systems as the M270 launcher fires both - it should be a weapon pack.Those fighters with the 18 range AGMs are pretty fun too (FB-35s?).
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Mar Wed 30, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VI 6 wrote:
I'm partial to the M109s, and MLRS, as thats what I worked with in the Army.Speaking of which it irks me that the ATACMS and MLRS are separate weapon systems as the M270 launcher fires both - it should be a weapon pack.Those fighters with the 18 range AGMs are pretty fun too (FB-35s?).

B-22s are what you're thinking of.

As for the ATACMS and MLRS, I believe it was separate to make setup for those weapons separate. This makes the prep time for the ATACMS longer and balances them out. It's more of gameplay balance than splitting them up. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
VI 6

PostPosted: Mar Thu 31, 2005 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're probably right, but in a game like this I prefer accuracy and realism to balance.War's all about exploiting your advantages after all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: