Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

is there a problem with the USA F-16 C and A Falcons?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROBERT

PostPosted: May Sun 22, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: is there a problem with the USA F-16 C and A Falcons? Reply with quote

I have notice two weird situations going on with the USA F-16 C and A Falcons (air units):

1.- On the unit detail screen of those units it's displayed that both of them have a 4 hex detection range at med-hi altitude, but after purchasing and position them on the map at those altitudes I have found that both of them just have a 2 hex det. range.

2.- On the weapon range panel of those units it's displayed that both of them can carry 4 charges of guided bomb (pack 2), but after purchasing and position them on the map I have found that both of them are carrying just 2 charges.

are those game flaws, or is it that I'm just getting/doing something wrong?

I haven't checked other air units, so I don't know so far if there's a problem (if any) with the rest of them.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: May Sun 22, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: is there a problem with the USA F-16 C and A Falcons? Reply with quote

ROBERT wrote:
I have notice two weird situations going on with the USA F-16 C and A Falcons (air units):

1.- On the unit detail screen of those units it's displayed that both of them have a 4 hex detection range at med-hi altitude, but after purchasing and position them on the map at those altitudes I have found that both of them just have a 2 hex det. range.

2.- On the weapon range panel of those units it's displayed that both of them can carry 4 charges of guided bomb (pack 2), but after purchasing and position them on the map I have found that both of them are carrying just 2 charges.

are those game flaws, or is it that I'm just getting/doing something wrong?

I haven't checked other air units, so I don't know so far if there's a problem (if any) with the rest of them.

1.) Keep in mind that aircraft carry radar. They might not be able to "See" that far, but they can detect an enemy if within that range.

2.) Make sure you're on the ammo page of the list and not on the firepower page. I on occasion make that mistake of being on the wrong page and thinking I have more ammo than I really do.

Those are only possible reasons, though I think that is exactly what is going on. I'll check it out though and post if there IS something wrong. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DoubleTap

PostPosted: May Mon 23, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was using -16's last night, and they carry 2 loads of guided bombs. As for detection range, all those numbers are altitude-specific. For instance, targets at mediun atlitude can be detected at 4 hexes, while targets on the ground can be detected at only 2 hexes. (Which is why I love Kiowas and Comanches).

PostPosted: May Tue 24, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a couple of questions:

1.- Is there something wrong if in the unit panel is displayed that those units can carry 4 loads of Guided Bomb (pack 2) while they actually can carry only 2?

2.- I didn´t know about "altitude specific" detection ranges...as far as I know on the unit display panels of those units it isn´t specified about that..I mean..it just says that those have a 4 hex detection range but don´t make any distinction...so....is there a figure on unit panels that I have to be aware of specifiyng about "altitude specific" detection ranges?
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: May Tue 24, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Just a couple of questions:

1.- Is there something wrong if in the unit panel is displayed that those units can carry 4 loads of Guided Bomb (pack 2) while they actually can carry only 2?

2.- I didn´t know about "altitude specific" detection ranges...as far as I know on the unit display panels of those units it isn´t specified about that..I mean..it just says that those have a 4 hex detection range but don´t make any distinction...so....is there a figure on unit panels that I have to be aware of specifiyng about "altitude specific" detection ranges?

I think you're not seeing the multiple pages on a unit infor chart. Hit up and down on the d pad to scroll through the altitude detection ranges. It also will show you more information about the weapons. The ammo load should be on the second page. The first page just shows ranges and firepower, which a guided bomb is a 4. The next page shows the ammo which lists it at 2.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: