Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

computer having money to spend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prayerwarrior

PostPosted: May Mon 23, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: computer having money to spend Reply with quote

Hey why doesnt the computer spend all the money it has at the beginnig or during the game. it seems that at the end when I am closing the noose is when it spends wildly and all I do is sit back and destroy the expensive units as they are purchased.

i have noticed this twice specifically once on the washington map and now on the USA map. if it would get those better units midgame it could have changed the course of the war
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: May Mon 23, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At higher AI levels the computer will buy the better units earlier on. I've also noticed that the computer at lower levels will only buy the expensive units after it's reserve funds hit a certain mark.

For example, the computer will build the better range of fighters and helicopters if it has in excess of x amount of dollars.

Though the reserve marker seems to be much lower for the higher level AI as they tend to build more high quality units right out of the gate.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
prayerwarrior

PostPosted: May Mon 23, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I can recall that. I guess, I just wish that it would see what was a major battle and buy then instead of when it either has money. Because it would just push me harder.

But we all the world from things. Of course if I could never win I would be actually upset

Thanks for the reply
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: May Mon 23, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prayerwarrior wrote:
Yes I can recall that. I guess, I just wish that it would see what was a major battle and buy then instead of when it either has money. Because it would just push me harder.

But we all the world from things. Of course if I could never win I would be actually upset

Thanks for the reply

Anytime. Cool

Yeah, it's a fine line between making the computer "too easy" and "tto hard". I'm glad that it seems to have found that in between area. The other thing is that I'm glad the computer doesn't seem to have the ability to "cheat" coded in. Meaning that resource and supply wise, the human is on equal footing. Unlike some games like Civilization. Rolling Eyes

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
prayerwarrior

PostPosted: May Wed 25, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never realized that about civilzation i always thought the computer was just playing better and using the resources better. And I would stop playing after a while because I was so frustrated.

But I love how this game and how much it has taught me.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: May Wed 25, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prayerwarrior wrote:
I never realized that about civilzation i always thought the computer was just playing better and using the resources better. And I would stop playing after a while because I was so frustrated.

But I love how this game and how much it has taught me.

Yeah, production wise in Civilization, the AI get a huge boost. If you turn on accelerated production, it's even more ridiculous. The whole trick is to get, hold and prevent resources from being acquired by the AI. IF you can keep them away, technology wise you can win any war. Sadly, the AI seems to have this strategy programmed in.

Anyhow, back on topic. I agree. This game has a great learning curve that leaves more than enough for the hardcore strategist while keeping it accessible to the less savvy. My friend is getting quite good at this game, despite not having as much under his belt strat game wise. The AI has also humbled me a few times but in a good way. It reminds me that Turn Based isn't dead and RTS still has a gew things to learn. Twisted Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: