Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Updated the faq...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: May Tue 24, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Updated the faq... Reply with quote

It's been a while but had a submission from an AWESOME writer and player. It should be at gamefaqs later today (the 3/6/2005 one is old).

Here's the URL

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/game/583046.html

MANY MANY thanks to Elric for the contribution. It's comment and discussion worthy and an awesome read! It's a whopping TWENTY pages when printed (just Elric's contribution!!!)

PS. Hope all the regs are doing good ^_^

Last edited by JVGFanatic on May Tue 24, 2005 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: May Tue 24, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to check it out. Very Happy Thanks for the heads-up!
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: May Wed 25, 2005 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey DanielRuoss, wanted to graciously accept a thank you that you delivered in another topic (for the faq)...

Well, the new version was put up sometime late last night. I would suggest that anyone who has already printed the main faq to ONLY print Elric's new section. Just SELECT all of the Tactical Operations Analysis section (D7TOA*), choose the PRINT command and then CLICK the "Selection Only" button before pressing the Print button.

It's 20 pages in Word so it'll probably be about 10-15 in text format.

I want to reiterate what an absolutely FUN and great read Elric's contribution makes to the faq. It adds enjoyment to the game.
DoubleTap

PostPosted: May Wed 25, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo, Fanatic.
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: May Wed 25, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very insightful! A lot of great ideas. Idea It was nice to read what someone else is doing with this game and to compare.

PostPosted: May Wed 25, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work, but it looks like some of the special character did not get converted correctly when copied from Word to HTML. You should see characters like É, Õ, and Ð.

Other than that it is really good.
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: May Wed 25, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will look into it, next update will be next weekend probably. Thanks. I didn't go through it after I converted it to *dos text* (not html) from bbedit on the mac.

I simply copy/pasted Elric's TOA from a finely formatted Word file. I can probably make that available to y'all once I get his permission (yo E. if you're reading this then peep up Smile )
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: May Wed 25, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
I will look into it, next update will be next weekend probably. Thanks. I didn't go through it after I converted it to *dos text* (not html) from bbedit on the mac.

I simply copy/pasted Elric's TOA from a finely formatted Word file. I can probably make that available to y'all once I get his permission (yo E. if you're reading this then peep up Smile )

Heh, maybe I should make a guide to submit for all the advice I give on here. Cool

I read that submission and I must say while I don't agree 100% on certain things, it really shows how use your production country to it's best potential.

NOTE: The things that I don't agree with are mostly personal strategy ones, but there are a few other specifics relating to how one country is stacked against another.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: May Thu 26, 2005 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can give you one I disagree with. I still think France is a s#$% country to have on this game. The worst by far. Regardless of how I feel politically. Wink Britain is better by a longshot. All I have to say to show that Britain beats France is Harrier GR.7! Using Supply Vehicles virtually keeps these things in the air indefinitely. Those guided bombs chew through almost everything and in a pinch you can dedicate them to anti-air missions.
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: May Thu 26, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would beg you both to write up your own country summaries for the faq. I've been begging for such for...well...months now. Honestly, whether you "agree" with the writing or not is one thing, it's still better writing than a) the manual, b) the rest of the faq, c) any of the posts I've read at any forum (no disrespect meant there, it's the medium and NOT the writer when it comes to comparing a faq to forums).

I've been building the faq such that it can contain a multiplicity of ideas gathered from us, the pioneer D7 gamers. The FAQ's main audience hasn't even played Dai Senryaku 7 yet. You see, we have these boards to come to when we want to hear other's ideas about the game. A gamer 3 or 4 years from now will have where to turn? Long-ago abandoned message boards will be that gamer's only hope without the faqs.

In re-reading this I'm afraid I came off a bit defensive. Really, I'm not at ALL defensive about someone *else's* writing, lol. The faq clearly had at least two instances of "begging" for Country summaries and a tactical breakdown of each country's units. That it wasn't what *I* would have said makes it that much better. I get really tired of reading my writing and honestly, should any of you write your own country summaries (OR AN AI ANALYSIS, SEMPERFI Very Happy) then I'd kindly ask permission to include that as well.

Cheers and thanks for the comments. I don't post a lot these days but I read the boards ferociously and anything I consider faq worthy gets copied to a text file that will eventually be incorporated into the faq. Probably something infringing in that Razz
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: May Thu 26, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS> ANY ideas you folks have about overhauling the faq PLEASE let me know either here or in a PM. I'm going to run it by the Faq Authors board at Gamefaqs as well.
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: May Thu 26, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey no problem, man! Cool I'm actually flattered that you would solicit us for info. I'll try putting some things to paper (rather to computer) and see if anything coherent comes out.
EJC

PostPosted: May Sat 28, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: FAQ notes Reply with quote

Hello all, I'm not yet a member here, I'm waiting for my verification email or whatnot to come through, but I figured I would post here about this now.

I'm Elric, author of the TOA that JVGfanatic has been talking about, and I'd be willing to discuss anything I've written in my TOA with anyone here if they so wish. But first, a few notes...

1) before anyone else says something, I've already caught some mistakes I made in the TOA, such as forgetting the UK Lynx heli does, in fact, have TOW missiles, making the French Puma the only assault heli in the game with no weapons, which thus makes it crappy.

2) Don't underestimate France, really. In every scenario I have played where the Brits were one of my opponents and I was playing the French, I annihilated them despite France's perceived disadvantages.

3) At some later point I intend to do a closer analysis of individual units to see how they match-up in an over all power scheme. I designed a scenario called Test Bed for just this purpose (I was curious to see how the French AMX-10RC recon vehicle would match up with the Chinese Type 69 MBT, since both have the same firepower, and are not far apart in armor characteristics - the Type 69 won 2/3 times, but it was usually a close match up. I was bored).

I will most likely be working on a revised copy sometime in the near future, since I've found a number of things that need fixing.

So if anyone has any questions or comments, go ahead, I'll be here.

Later, all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: