Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Backwards Compatibility
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: May Tue 31, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Backwards Compatibility Reply with quote

Doug, this question is for you.

I'm planning on selling my XBox soon for cash to put towards the XBox 360 which is backwards compatible. I'd like to know if you know already or if you could find out, if Dai Senryaku VII: Modern Military Tactics will be able to be played on the 360.

It would suck to sell off my XBox and find that at the 360's launch I couldn't pop in D7 and find out that I need the old XBox to play it.

Selling my XBox is inevitable, but whether or not I lose my ability to play D7 again is up for grabs. Any info on this would be great.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: May Tue 31, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would bet you would be able to play it. The game came out recently, my concern would be for some of the older titles, if they would be compatable, since that is a problem for some of the PS1 and PS2 titles face.

However, I cannot say 100 percent for sure or not (I am about 99% sure it will), but I would bet on it.

Hope this helps, sorry it isnt more specific.

Adoug. Twisted Evil
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: May Tue 31, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
I would bet you would be able to play it. The game came out recently, my concern would be for some of the older titles, if they would be compatable, since that is a problem for some of the PS1 and PS2 titles face.

However, I cannot say 100 percent for sure or not (I am about 99% sure it will), but I would bet on it.

Hope this helps, sorry it isnt more specific.

Adoug. Twisted Evil

Well, I would have to figure that it would. All things considered, the PS2 could play the vast majority of the available PS1 games.

The other thing is that the PS2 could not use the PS1 memory cards so you could not save games unless you had the correct memory card. While I do not think that it would be a problem, but I'm curious if saving games will have a similar issue with the XBox and the 360.

Though it would be rather annoying if I couldn't transfer my saves over. Confused

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Jun Wed 01, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFi2382, I would hold off until all of the games are confirmed to work on the Xbox 360. Right now Microsoft said only the top selling games would be backwards compatible, however my gut feeling is that all of them will work when everything is all said and done.
tyrannical

PostPosted: Jun Sat 04, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Games that do weird things, such as some of the graphic affects in games like kung fu chaos will probably be the ones that have problems.
The PS1 games that did not play well with the PS2 were doing hardware specific low level prgramming thing.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Mon 11, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of curiousity, Doug you hear/know any solid info about this yet? I wanna kick the value of my XBox toward the 360 I've got reserved (First Shipment Baby!) and just wondering if I will have to suffer from D7 withdrawl. Laughing

Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul Mon 11, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly havent looked into it all that much. If I stumble upon it, and if it is known to the general public (alot of info cannot be discussed due to Publisher/1st party NDA [non disclosure agreements]) I will be sure and let you know. Twisted Evil
tyrannical

PostPosted: Jul Sat 16, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm, Kemco is "affected" by some type of NDA with MS regarding Xbox360 I hear?

Could that mean possible publishing or development on the 360?
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Sat 16, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyrannical wrote:
Hmmmm, Kemco is "affected" by some type of NDA with MS regarding Xbox360 I hear?

Could that mean possible publishing or development on the 360?

Not necessarily. Keep in mind that Microsoft is keeping a tight lid on lots of the extras for the 360. I'll have one on launch day, so I'll be sure to be one of the first people to tell everyone if it works with DVII. Cool

Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul Sat 16, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to Gamefest in Bellevue (put on by MS) not long ago, which covers many many things Xbox 360 related. As a result of me just being there, I am not allowed to discuss specifics of the conference, due to the NDA with MS. Even though, we are not currently developing for the Xbox 360 (this I CAN tell you), it doesnt mean we wont or are not interested. Twisted Evil
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Sat 16, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
I went to Gamefest in Bellevue (put on by MS) not long ago, which covers many many things Xbox 360 related. As a result of me just being there, I am not allowed to discuss specifics of the conference, due to the NDA with MS. Even though, we are not currently developing for the Xbox 360 (this I CAN tell you), it doesnt mean we wont or are not interested. Twisted Evil

Ah, I know how it is Doug. Wink

SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Thu 21, 2005 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, according to the August Issue of Game Informer, there was a slight change in graphics in the 360 to allow more games to be backwards compatible. (Essentially, they signed a deal with the XBox graphics chipset maker nVidia, whom is not making the 360 graphics chipset)

Also, while they did not elaborate, it seems that they will offer patches to allow for the games to be played via Live! and may or may not have some patches pre-installed at launch.

So, looks like it still might come down to seeing for myself on launch day if DSVII works with the XBox 360.

Ooh Rah! Carry on. Cool

DanielRuoss

PostPosted: Jul Thu 21, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To SemperFi: I've been looking for Xbox360 pre-order info and I've been finding it few and far between. Any info links you would be kind enough to provide would be much appreciated! Thank you!
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Thu 21, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanielRuoss wrote:
To SemperFi: I've been looking for Xbox360 pre-order info and I've been finding it few and far between. Any info links you would be kind enough to provide would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Aside from talking to my local GameStop's employees (one of whom is pretty much the store's main manager), I got my information from the June and August Issues of Game Informer.

Most of my information comes from the GameStop manager, who seems to have all the good inside information. I'm not sure if it's the fact he knows where to look or they know stuff that isn't "public" information yet.

Just like the rumor that the price point will be $299. Though this is mentioned in the August Issue and with a manufacturing cost of $375 I can see them selling at $299 at launch. Which according to the manager from GameStop is a sure bet. Wink

DanielRuoss

PostPosted: Jul Thu 21, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how prompt you are! Must be a Marine thing! Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: