Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any other nations you'd like to see?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What other country would you like to see in DS VII?
India
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Sweden
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Italy
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
South Africa
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Taiwan
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
North Korea
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Pakistan
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Other (please specify in reply to post)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

DanielRuoss

PostPosted: Jun Sun 12, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Any other nations you'd like to see? Reply with quote

I was just thinking to myself that even though DS VII has a wide swath of military equipment included, what other nations would players like to see represented.

The first to come to mind are nations with unique units. For instance South Africa has interesting APC's, artillery, and the Oliphant variant of the venerable British Centurion tank. Then there is Sweden which had the most unique S-tank and fighters such as the Gripen and the older Viggen. Another to come to mind is Italy with it's newest APC, Centuro tank destroyer, and OF-40 MBT. Taiwan, North Korea, Pakistan and especially India (a unique mix of Western and Eastern equipment) are inventories I would like to see represented.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jun Sun 12, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see the Koreans both North and South. It would make for some great scenarios.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jun Sun 12, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Italy would have been cool. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Jun Mon 13, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On that note I'd like to see Syria, Libya, Egypt and Jordan. A fun map that could come from that would be a rehash of the Six-Day war, same contestants but with modern weaponry. If they ever did a "Classic" verison of Dai Sen, I'd like to see all the Arab-Israeli wars with the weapons of that time period. Imagine the speculation; what could Egypt's airforce have done had it not been destroyed parked in the open?
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: Jun Mon 13, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
Italy would have been cool. Twisted Evil

Italy is neat because they have some unique equipment. The Ariete C1 MBT, the OF-40 MBT, Dardo IFV, Centauro Tank Destroyer (a very neat 8x8 vehicle with a 105mm gun). In the air they have the AMX attack aircraft and the A129 Mangusta attack helicopter. All quality equipment.

Quote:
Syria, Libya, Egypt and Jordan

Syria and Libya would just be a rehash of older Russian equipment. Not that interesting. Jordan has mostly Western equipment but their forces are too small to be included in this game. Egypt would be good because they use western and eastern equipment. It would be interesting seeing MiG-21s and F-16s on the same side in the air and M1A1, M-60, and T-62 tanks on the ground.

Quote:
Koreans both North and South

The only really unique thing I can think of for the South Koreans is the K1 MBT. It's basically an M1 but a bit smaller due to the smaller stature of the average Korean. The North has different types of ground vehicles especially with rocket artillery. A neat thing to see would be midget submarines. The North has used these a couple of times and it would be interesting to see one of them used to deliver special forces in DS VII.
GavinAD

PostPosted: Jun Mon 13, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: South Africa Reply with quote

Most people wouldnt think of it but South Africa actually has a rather original military. They have an army based on mobility with decent power and their designs are South African in origin almost exclusively.
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: Jun Tue 14, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: South Africa Reply with quote

GavinAD wrote:
Most people wouldnt think of it but South Africa actually has a rather original military. They have an army based on mobility with decent power and their designs are South African in origin almost exclusively.

South Africa developed it's unique indigenous arms capability due to the arms embargo that was imposed on it during the aparthied years. Their weapons are also tailored to the bush environment they operate in. They tend to favor mobility as GavinAD mentioned. They have the very mobile G6 105mm self-propelled artillery vehicle. The Rooikat AFV is an 8x8 105mm recon vehicle comparable to the AMX-10RC. In the air they have the Rooivalk attack helicopter and the Atlas Cheetah ( a modified and upgraded Mirage III fighter). The high moblity of their forces would be great to see in DS VII with their forces capable of moving quickly to attack the enemy at different points and then being able to disengage quickly.
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Jun Tue 14, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Systemsoft would have had to put a relatively small amount of effort into the project to have allowed us to create our own units and armies and with the XBox's hard drive it only makes sense.

While I commend them for making Daisenryaku VII everything that it is, I also feel that it being on the XBox is wasted potential. The fact that they are coming out with a PS2 version which doubles the unit count, adds unit persistence across missions, and adds a ton of other features merely serves to illustrate that point.

Anyway, we can't really complain about what we didn't get and it's not like complaining about these issues on the Kemco board will do anything, lol. I still love the game and it is nearly perfect for what it set out to do. This is really how all games should be judged.

Oh, and the army I'd have in the game? Hmm...I love all the suggestions so far. Truly though it would be an army/unit EDITOR that I'd want.
DoubleTap

PostPosted: Jun Wed 15, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luxembourg! Botswana! The Vatican!
GavinAD

PostPosted: Jun Fri 17, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Botswana and the Vatican? modern military tactics with machetes and halberds, not to mention persecution and genocide....probably not a good idea Confused
DoubleTap

PostPosted: Jun Sat 18, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GavinAD wrote:
Botswana and the Vatican? modern military tactics with machetes and halberds, not to mention persecution and genocide....probably not a good idea Confused

Right. I was kidding. I don't actually think those are three nations (2 nations and a city-state) that I'd like to see in a wargame. Forgive the sarcasm.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jun Sat 18, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoubleTap wrote:
GavinAD wrote:

Right. I was kidding. I don't actually think those are three nations (2 nations and a city-state) that I'd like to see in a wargame. Forgive the sarcasm.

What? You don't want to overrun the capitol with pope-mobiles? Laughing

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Jun Sat 18, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew you were just kidding but really, how can you pass up an opportunity to use the word halberd?
DoubleTap

PostPosted: Jun Mon 20, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the PopeMobile is better than most of the Chinese MBTs.

Halberd! Poleax! Bec de corbin!- you're right. Gotta throw those around every chance you get.

Although, come to think of it, as funny as the Swiss Guard looks, I imagine the Pope has some pretty serious hard cases on his security stafff, huh?
tyrannical

PostPosted: Jul Sat 16, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see 22nd century "made up" millitary units. No need to always use historical.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: