Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WINSPMBT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROBERT

PostPosted: Jun Tue 21, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: WINSPMBT Reply with quote

According to reliable sources (SPMBT yahoogroup), the official relase anouncement of the windows version of this great game will be made tomorrow at shrapnel games web page.

I understand the game is already finished, they are just testing it, and the relase is expected within the next 3 weeks.

If the MSDOS version (which I began to play short ago) is absolutely great, imagine about the win based version.

If somebody don´t know what I´m talking about, just check this out:

http://linetap.com/www/drg/SPCamo.htm
ROBERT

PostPosted: Jun Tue 21, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game is now on as a free download

http://www.shrapnelgames.com/SPCamo/wSPMBT/6.htm

I knew about this game's MSDOS version trough this forum and I just love it (thank's Arkanian, and yes, we will have to re-valuate) I'm just returning the favor...

It is an extremely good and free game that you can't miss (did I mention it is free?)
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jun Wed 22, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting find. I'll have to download it when I get home. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ROBERT

PostPosted: Jun Wed 22, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I mention the game has the USMC as a "country"? and that besides the USA...enjoy SF
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jun Thu 23, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROBERT wrote:
Did I mention the game has the USMC as a "country"? and that besides the USA...enjoy SF

Shocked

Okay, now I really gotta go download it. Cool

Ooh Rah! Carry on.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jun Thu 30, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it downloaded now.

Stay tuned for my official review. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Jun Thu 30, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that it is a "tactical level combat" game (1 icon 1 unit, 1 hex 50 mts, Hills obstruct LOS, you can throw smoke discharges around your units and the enemy´s acuracy rating on them is lower, and so on) an DSVII is more like an "operational level combat" game, so is a matter of choices I believe.

Personally, SPMBT is one of the most (if not the most) realistic, technical, entertaining, challenging, enjoyable and superb war game I have ever played.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Mon 04, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after putting this game through it's paces...

I give this game a hearty Ooh Rah!

This is one game that I'm glad was brought to my attention. Not just cause the USMC is their own country (thereby making it only possible to have access to USMC units and support), but the extensive library of comabt units, when they were used and the overal realism that is achieved here.

If you haven't already picked this one up and your into Turn Based Strategy Wargames, this is something that you should definitely pickup. This game is sure to please even the more picky Armchair Generals, because I am and I'm one of the worst about it hehe. Twisted Evil Cool

PostPosted: Jul Tue 12, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it fair to say that your prayers were finally answered with this one SF?
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Tue 12, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Is it fair to say that your prayers were finally answered with this one SF?

Yeah, I think that's a fair statement. Wink

There's always room for improvement of course, but it's nice to know that while the games may be few and far between, there's still a strong desire for making games like WinSPMBT in the industry.

Ooh Rah! Carry on. Cool

PostPosted: Jul Tue 12, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..and 100% USA made

Cool
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Jul Wed 13, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
..and 100% USA made

Cool

As if that were something good... Twisted Evil
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul Wed 13, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenny, "Looks like Homer has one of those new robot cars!".....

The car crashes...

Karl,"One of those AMERICAN robot cars."

Twisted Evil
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Wed 13, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol JVG, we can't always wait for a port or a translation. Razz

ROBERT

PostPosted: Jul Wed 13, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic Wrote: "As if that were something good... "

I´m not american but being objective and impartial in this particular case I think it certanly is something good, perhaps you haven´t played the game yet. It would be great to see a FAQ guide for this one JVG

Come on guys, we are not talking about cars here, I mean, it is really good to see a great game made and relased as a free download in this western hemisphere of the planet, and in a language we all understand..specially talking about video games, so I think the game and it´s uncompensated developers deserve some credit for what they did

I don´t know about you guys, but I agree with SF, it sucks waiting for a port or a translaltion of an expected video game, take the Daisenryaku Perfect 2.0 for example, at least in my case with that game I look like a starved little poor boy in the street looking through a restaurant window at the people eating inside...I mean, I´ve been looking the game´s screenshots on a web page written in jap, waiting for a port or a translation that maybe will never come...and it really sucks

So, I think that at least in this particular case, a good (and free) 100% USA made videogame is something remarkable..

P. S. If you liked WINSPMBT I invite you to purchase the enhaced cd version as a way to support the SPCAMO team with the great work they are doing.[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: