Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WINSPMBT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Jul Wed 13, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, no worries. Tis a fine thing that it was made in the west, lol. I was letting my anger at the criminal ****s who run America leak into my postings this AM. Cheers.

I get maybe 6-8 hours a week TOPS playing games and that is nowhere near enough to faq anything, thus, my faqqing is slacking Smile

Oh, and if the people who make the game would only accept my gamestop credit >_
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Wed 13, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that reminds me Robert, I think I will be making a FAQ for this game. Expect to see it sometime near the end of the month at the latest. (I hope, but there's a LOT to sort through.) Twisted Evil

(For the record, I will be purchasing the enhanced CD eventually. Right now all my free funds are going to the XBox 360. But besides the extras, I am all for supporting the makers of such a great game.) Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ROBERT

PostPosted: Jul Thu 14, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oh, that reminds me Robert, I think I will be making a FAQ for this game. Expect to see it sometime near the end of the month at the latest. (I hope, but there's a LOT to sort through.)"

Keep in mind the game is actually a widely editable wargame code, I mean, you can actually edit units and design icons (OOBs), to the level that you can come up with some "mods" and scenarios about an inmense amount of combat situations possible, even SCI-FI ones, all this at the enjoyable tactical level the game is known for.

The above includes giving more punch to that missile you think is too soft, or increasing speed to that unit you estimate too slow, or modifying that tank icon design you think could be better or different; even creating sci-fi scenarios like colonial marines vs. aliens, with hoverbikes instead of helos, and with laser weapons hitting like mortars or whatever..yes, it is all possible.

I understand the MSDOS version is fully editable, the new win version it is too, but there are some restriction with the dates, for example in winv
you can not pick Zimbabwe before 1980, their independence year, therefore that restricts you from recreating battles of the independence war of Zimbabwe in 1979, wich you can do without a problem with dosspmbt, but I guess that's it.

There are some web pages where you can contact a broad community of gamers (some from the original SP2 game relased 9 years ago) sharing free custom made scenarios and "mods" for the dos version, considering the win version was relased 3 weeks ago.

I'm currently playing the dos v as I need a new graphics card to run the win v properly because it freezes right know, anyway, I expect to acquire that card soon and begin with the win version.

By the way, my system luckly runs dosspmbt without a single problem, although I know that's hard to believe due to all the technical issues associated to the dos v.

However, I'm such a rookie with this game since I began playing just a month ago, I think I'm learning the basics from the "source" right know, and a battle FAQ at this point will sure come in handy.

I stated in the second post of this topic that this game came into my attention trough this forum (Thanks arkanian, anonymous by the way), and to that I just can say..Thank you Kemco for all this!

Ahh, and if you are more like a WW2 themed, or if the above is not satisfying your wargame thirst, there's WINSPWW2 expected within this year's fall I believe.

[b]The point is, [/b]good luck SF with this task you are assigning yourself, I'll be eagerly waiting for that FAQ, but take it easy man, it is done when it's done.
Quote:
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Thu 14, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well put Robert. I wasn't taking the editability into account.

However, I still plan on making the FAQ and updating it one nation at a time I believe for simpler chunks. You can only hazard a guess to which one will be the first battle FAQ. Twisted Evil

NOTE: I might even add into the FAQ my personal opinion about what "should" be edited. Wink

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ROBERT

PostPosted: Jul Thu 14, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just learning how to quote properly, it seems I got it right now
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Sat 16, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROBERT wrote:
Just learning how to quote properly, it seems I got it right now

Lol, yeah it's a good thing to know. Especially, considering if you make a reply with specific info that's directed at a certain person. Cool

Also good for faster paced threads so that you don't lose people.

JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Aug Wed 10, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, I have a computer that makes running newer games much easier. I've downloaded this and plan on buying a couple of other Wargames. The first one I ordered should be here later this week: Airborne Assault: Highway to the Reich.

I can't guarantee I'll have time to play any of these new titles but at last I can return to the complexities of the old wargaming world Smile
ROBERT

PostPosted: Aug Wed 10, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy JVG¡¡
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Wed 10, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
Finally, I have a computer that makes running newer games much easier. I've downloaded this and plan on buying a couple of other Wargames. The first one I ordered should be here later this week: Airborne Assault: Highway to the Reich.

I can't guarantee I'll have time to play any of these new titles but at last I can return to the complexities of the old wargaming world Smile

Yeah, enjoy those titles of classic gaming goodness. Cool

ROBERT

PostPosted: Sep Wed 28, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to let everybody know that the 2.0 version upgrade patch is available since yesterday at shrapnel games web site

Enjoy gentlemen
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Sep Thu 29, 2005 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROBERT wrote:
Just want to let everybody know that the 2.0 version upgrade patch is available since yesterday at shrapnel games web site

Enjoy gentlemen

Sweet, I'll get right on over there for the patch. Ooh Rah! Carry on. Cool

jojo pumpkin

PostPosted: Oct Thu 27, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm going to sift through the manual tonight and tomorrow. I usually enjoy tinkering around with a game before I read the manual but with a game like this I should really know what the hell I'm doing.

I can land a halicopter and unload it, move the platoon, attack, move the platoon back to the "chopper" but cant load them back in! Mad

N. Korea just walked all over me. It was a severe beating I took!

My girlfriend was laughing at me. Embarassed
"...and you were in the Army?" she says Laughing

I did a random map with computer selected purchase and deployment and all they gave me was some choppers, 3 mortors and a buttload of riflemen. N. Korea shows up with tank this and RPG that, artillery out the whazoo and rifleman that out numbered all my units combined.
Shocked

This is by no means a gripe. I'm just stating that this is a little deeper than I am tall and may require some college credits to be successfull. Razz

Of course I'm coming from the console school of thought. So bear with me and my ramblings!

~Steel Rain~
JoJo Pumpkin - XBOX Live Gamertag
Asgardian

PostPosted: Oct Fri 28, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I downloaded the game, installed it, turned it on, and I died. Laughing

There's a 24 page tutorial menu that you are supposed to be reading as you play through the 10-turn tutorial scenario. I've been reading it on and off during breaks.

From my first impression, I liked the look and feel of DS7 more, but there are tones of interesting details in WinSPMBT that are missing in DS7...

Asgardian.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Oct Fri 28, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tutorial is pretty decent. I followed it for most of the length of the tutorial mission, but not to the letter. However, it's a nicely written one that is great for someone to "pickup and play" after reading it and do a halfway decent job.

I love DS7, but I must say WINSPMBT has one feature that DS7 doesn't...

...They've got US Marines as a separate entity. Twisted Evil

Now, while some might say that the US Marines aren't their own country, the way they have it setup is that it's all the US Marine Corps' gear, but also the supporting units from the Air Force, etc. This also allows some of the more interesting battles like Amphibious landings and the such to be played out in much quicker fashion than if you had to pick the US and set one up like in DS7. (aka, you can only use Marine gear and not have to dig through a list to find them in a much larger arsenal.)

ROBERT

PostPosted: Oct Fri 28, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asgardian wrote:
From my first impression, I liked the look and feel of DS7 more, but there are tones of interesting details in WinSPMBT that are missing in DS7...

Both games are very diferent types of TBS, just keep that in mind.

The only thing in common between those two games is that both are TBS, and that´s it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: