Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jamming Versus ECM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thekossack

PostPosted: Jun Tue 28, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Jamming Versus ECM Reply with quote

I was looking at some of the other permutations of Daisenryaku (notably Perfect 1.0 & 2.0), and in those versions, jamming and ECM are actually two totally different functions. Jamming effects enemies detection abilities, while ECM lowers enemy hit chance when using radar guided munitions.

In Daisenryaku VII, are these features treated the same way?
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jun Wed 29, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Jamming Versus ECM Reply with quote

thekossack wrote:
I was looking at some of the other permutations of Daisenryaku (notably Perfect 1.0 & 2.0), and in those versions, jamming and ECM are actually two totally different functions. Jamming effects enemies detection abilities, while ECM lowers enemy hit chance when using radar guided munitions.

From what I've seen there's only the Jamming function, which is called ECM in D7. Though, they do a little bit of both when jamming is in effect (to what extent, I'm not sure and I'd have to run tests to figure that out.)

NOTE: Yeah, I'm still around. Laughing Twisted Evil Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tyrannical

PostPosted: Jul Sun 10, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think in DVII that a units "stealth" rating helps protect it from missiles.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Sun 10, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyrannical wrote:

What does that have to do with the difference between ECM and Jamming?

Oh right, nothing. Rolling Eyes

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Jul Sun 10, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFi2382 wrote:
tyrannical wrote:

What does that have to do with the difference between ECM and Jamming?

Oh right, nothing. Rolling Eyes

and in the original post, thekossack says of Daisenryaku Perfect:

Quote:
Jamming effects enemies detection abilities, while ECM lowers enemy hit chance when using radar guided munitions.

So, Tyrannical's post was entirely relevant to the topic of discussion. Do you two know each other in real life? I mean sure, Tyrannical has an angst-ridden attitude...but with responses like that, SF, it's no wonder. When zeal clouds logic we have war.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Mon 11, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is topic C relevant to the discussion of comparing and contrasting A and B?

We're talking about ECM vs Jamming. Not stealth ratings. ECM does not equal stealth, so I fail to see the logic of his random statement.

NOTE: No, thankfully I don't know him in real life.

JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Jul Mon 11, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyrannical's statment covers the original poster's:

lowers enemy hit chance when using radar guided munitions

The question wasn't limited to the subject line. There were details provided in the OP's post that could use Tyrannical's simple clarification.

The OP's general question was:

Now, you could argue that a simple Yes or No would have sufficed however the detail of Stealth affecting radar guided munitions IS entirely relevant and provided additional information to your post as that is PART OF THE WAY DAISENRYAKU VII TREATS THESE THINGS.

Sheesh, why bug a person for just providing information that may or may not be relevant but falls ENTIRELY under the scope of the original post? Meanwhile, we all still await your AI documentation.

Cheers.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Tue 12, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
Meanwhile, we all still await your AI documentation.

Erm, before this gets out of hand, please excuse my reaction to his post. I should not have dragged the hostility from another thread here.

JVG, I have the day off today, so I will be posting that, hopefully tonight once the results are obtained.

Ooh Rah, Carry on. Cool

EDIT: Sorry, looks like I won't have results till Wed or Thurs due to work calling me in. Lol, I'm off Thurs and I'm turning off my phone. Laughing

So you'll have results Thurs night at the lastest for sure. Razz

tyrannical

PostPosted: Jul Sat 16, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheeesh.
I guess I should have been more clear and said that in this version of DS, it looks like "stealth" has replaced "ECM" as they both allow targets to evade guided missiles.

Assuming that IS what stealth does. Adoug is never around when it comes to the tough questions only he could answer.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Sat 16, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyrannical wrote:
Sheeesh.
I guess I should have been more clear and said that in this version of DS, it looks like "stealth" has replaced "ECM" as they both allow targets to evade guided missiles.

Assuming that IS what stealth does. Adoug is never around when it comes to the tough questions only he could answer.

The thing is though, it's NOT the same. Jamming ammo is listed as ECM, while stealth is it's own attribute.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: