Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

this ^@#$! game sux!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> The Suggestion Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nathan

PostPosted: Jul Thu 07, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: this ^@#$! game sux!!! Reply with quote

Modern military tactics is the worst gamei have ever played! Its so sad it can even be compaired to the pice of s#$% I just took on it! How much did you guys invest in this? how can this relly be considered a stratigy game when in real life you dont have turns! Would Iraqui wate 1 hour for the ameicans to place there tanks/boxes on hexogou on. als if you were really trying tomake a good game you shouldhave pulled you heads out ofyour asses and thought mabey a boat cant move half way across the ocean in .3 ^@#$! seconds. O ya and a group of 10 tanks could kill more opposing tank than 3.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul Thu 07, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With your thoughts, both good and bad about any game or topic, please exclude any racial or sexual bigotry in your posts or you will be banned. They will not be tolerated.

Thanks,

Adoug Twisted Evil

PS. Chess is a strategy game, and you have turns. Rolling Eyes
Nathan

PostPosted: Jul Thu 07, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

ok, im sorry but the game sux. It looked like it was made in 2 days. I didn' t like aney part of it. the only thing I found that was close to good was how many units there were avalible. Andwhy did you leave them at such a low detailed stage? Why didn't you actuly put more detail on them?
Let me just say that it wasint worth the money I payed for it.
Arpeegy

PostPosted: Jul Fri 08, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: ok Reply with quote

Nathan wrote:
ok, im sorry but the game sux. It looked like it was made in 2 days. I didn' t like aney part of it. the only thing I found that was close to good was how many units there were avalible. Andwhy did you leave them at such a low detailed stage? Why didn't you actuly put more detail on them?
Let me just say that it wasint worth the money I payed for it.

Nathan,

If you do not appreciate turn based games why did you even purchase this game? I can tell you from much experience that this is one of the best turn based games EVER made. It is a work of art. Since turn based games cater to a smaller audience they generally lack many of the bells and whistles you want. Perhaps you should stick to RTS games if you do not have the patience or intelligence to play real turn based games.
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Jul Fri 08, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Nathan has a right to kind of gripe. The state of console strategy game AIs is deplorable. This Daisenryaku represents one of the smaller leaps in progress (and in fact, is a step backward in so many ways from the DC versions) in the Daisen series. That isn't to say it's a bad game but really, the XBox Daisenryaku screams "failed potential" in nearly every aspect.

Don't get me wrong. I love Dai Senryaku VII for what it is and for what it is, it's nearly perfect. Alas, I think SystemSoft Alpha (THEY ARE THE DEVELOPERS, NATHAN, NOT KEMCO) deserves a bit of chiding for giving XBox owners the short end of the stick for Daisenryaku VII could have been so much more.

I think I'm pretty aware of all the reasons for this btw. The XBox audience in Japan is very small. I wouldn't be surprised if SystemSoft felt they had to do a quick one-off rather than a full-blown Daisenryaku game like in the pre-PS2 days. Even the PS2 versions of Daisenryaku aren't exactly stellar though...I dunno, enough rambling.

What mystifies me is why Nathan wants to take the time to visit the board of a company that localizes a game that Nathan doesn't like. Does he honestly think that griping about it in such a manner will get anything productive done? Hmm, maybe the writing is just cathartic for him. Either way, it IS good to see a radically different viewpoint up here.

Of course, Nathan's post falls apart with:

how can this relly be considered a stratigy game when in real life you dont have turns!

C'mon Nathan, where have you been? Turn-based strategy is a GENRE all it's own. Just like RTS. If you don't like Turn Based games then don't buy them. Simple. There are hundereds out there. Believe it or not RTS is a VERY YOUNG genre compared to turn-based strategy games.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul Fri 08, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nathan,

Along the same topic, I am just curious, did you look at the back of the game box or any review pics before purchasing the game? They all show the game pieces (blue, red, etc.) as they appear in the game. As I have stated in previous posts, we wanted a direct translation/port of a Japanese strategy game, and that is what we delivered, love it or hate it. Sorry you didnt like the game, maybe next time. Twisted Evil
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Sat 09, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
Actually, Nathan has a right to kind of gripe. The state of console strategy game AIs is deplorable. This Daisenryaku represents one of the smaller leaps in progress (and in fact, is a step backward in so many ways from the DC versions) in the Daisen series. That isn't to say it's a bad game but really, the XBox Daisenryaku screams "failed potential" in nearly every aspect.

Don't get me wrong. I love Dai Senryaku VII for what it is and for what it is, it's nearly perfect. Alas, I think SystemSoft Alpha (THEY ARE THE DEVELOPERS, NATHAN, NOT KEMCO) deserves a bit of chiding for giving XBox owners the short end of the stick for Daisenryaku VII could have been so much more.

I think I'm pretty aware of all the reasons for this btw. The XBox audience in Japan is very small. I wouldn't be surprised if SystemSoft felt they had to do a quick one-off rather than a full-blown Daisenryaku game like in the pre-PS2 days. Even the PS2 versions of Daisenryaku aren't exactly stellar though...I dunno, enough rambling.

What mystifies me is why Nathan wants to take the time to visit the board of a company that localizes a game that Nathan doesn't like. Does he honestly think that griping about it in such a manner will get anything productive done? Hmm, maybe the writing is just cathartic for him. Either way, it IS good to see a radically different viewpoint up here.

Of course, Nathan's post falls apart with:

how can this relly be considered a stratigy game when in real life you dont have turns!

C'mon Nathan, where have you been? Turn-based strategy is a GENRE all it's own. Just like RTS. If you don't like Turn Based games then don't buy them. Simple. There are hundereds out there. Believe it or not RTS is a VERY YOUNG genre compared to turn-based strategy games.

*points to JVGs Quote* That should cover most of what I wanna say.

Now, onto my little addition. Turn Based Strategy puts more importance on thinking, rather than reaction, however this doesn't mean that there is no reaction involved in a Turn Based Game either.

In my experience, RTS games (again, I point out my opinion is of most, NOT all) are much more of a click fest. Especially, games where you can build your own military. It becomes too methodical. Build tanks, send to the front, attack, etc. In RTS games that you have a set number of troops, this makes it more likely that you'll employ a strategy other than rushing with everything.

But, back to the point. I'm sorry that you don't like this game, but instead of being immature about and using profanity and pretty much acting like a fool. Now, you bring up some less than valid points that would convince me why this game isn't good.

1.) Complaining about an inexpensive game.

If you complain about $20 for a game you don't like, I can only imagine how you react for $50 for an even less thought out action game. Though, it seems you prefer that kind of game anyhow.

2.) Did you even bother to read the box?

I won't even explain myself here.

3.) Movements are actually pretty realistic.

Ships aren't all that fast. Sure, they can get to a good clip, but they can't keep it up forever. Fuel and engine wear are huge factors in limitations of speed. Having served in the USMC, I know it takes a while to get anywhere via ships. Hence why flying is much better.

4.) Combat is pretty realistic too.

I think RTS has warped your mind into thinking tanks beat all. Not all armor is alike, for example, 1 US tank is far superior than a platoon (about 4 or 5, not 100% on their unit structures) of Iraqi T-72s.

5.) The details is in the unit variety, terrain interaction and attention to detail.

For the last time people, IT DOESN'T HAVE TO LOOK GOOD TO BE A GOOD GAME! This game has much of it's time cashed into the IMPORTANT parts of the game. I don't care if my map doesn't have textures for my units. I care that it looks like what it's supposed to be, acts how it's supposed to act and does what it really does in real life.

6.) Real life isn't turn based.

Actually, it kind of is.

Turn 1
Iraq invades Kuwait.
The Allied forces give an ultimatum to leave or we attack.

Turn 2
Iraq digs in.
Allied forces mobilize.

Turn 3
Iraq further digs in.
Allies invade.

Trun 4
Iraq commences defensive operations and counterattacks
Allies continue to press the advance. Liberates Kuwait.

Turn 5
Iraq withdraws from Kuwait and continues defence.
Allies begin to advance on Iraqi Capitol.

Turn 6
Iraq surrenders.
Allies withdraw and begin enforcing post-war treaty.

Now, having ACTUALLY been in a combat situation. I KNOW that combat is oddly, very turn based logically. You do this, the enemy reacts. Sure maybe it's a little more instantaneous like a Chess game, but if you think about if you could move all your pieces at once (hehe March orders) it's no different than an RTS other than your move "could" be interrupted by the enemy. Which in fact that does happen when moving into unknown territory.

Now before I get carried away, that's just the tip of the iceberg. I'm just playing nice cause I'm a jarhead and Doug keeps me on a short leash. Twisted Evil

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Aug Mon 01, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post by "The Guy" deleted due to sexist remarks. Twisted Evil
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Tue 02, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
Post by "The Guy" deleted due to sexist remarks. Twisted Evil

Aww and I missed it. Sad

Lol, I miss all the good posts. Rolling Eyes

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Aug Tue 02, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He tried so hard to get his frustation out. Perhaps next time he will use thoughts, reasoning, and a vocabulary when trying to make a point. Twisted Evil
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Wed 03, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
He tried so hard to get his frustation out. Perhaps next time he will use thoughts, reasoning, and a vocabulary when trying to make a point. Twisted Evil

Very well. Laughing

Ooh Rah! Carry on. Cool

nathan

PostPosted: Aug Fri 12, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cant relly be serious about this game! You people think this is like xbox's killer app! Theres nothing special about this game! theres nothing ever new in it, dosen't it get boring after awile? The chick up there thinks that xbox was luckey to get this game..... do you relly think that xbox needed this game? Do you relly know how much halo 2 made its first day!
The people who made this game just wanted to put there ( you better plug your ears bacause I know how much you guys hate people saying the truth about a game that never cought on) s#$% on a system and xbox was nice enough to say yes. I never hurd aneything special aneywhere about this game, notin aney of the xbox magazines, not on the xbox website, no where!

O ya and to the guy who wrought the extremly long reply..... you did get cairred away! Now il post my next reply after im finished burning you beloved game.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Fri 12, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan wrote:
You cant relly be serious about this game! You people think this is like xbox's killer app! Theres nothing special about this game! theres nothing ever new in it, dosen't it get boring after awile? The chick up there thinks that xbox was luckey to get this game..... do you relly think that xbox needed this game? Do you relly know how much halo 2 made its first day!
The people who made this game just wanted to put there ( you better plug your ears bacause I know how much you guys hate people saying the truth about a game that never cought on) s#$% on a system and xbox was nice enough to say yes. I never hurd aneything special aneywhere about this game, notin aney of the xbox magazines, not on the xbox website, no where!

O ya and to the guy who wrought the extremly long reply..... you did get cairred away! Now il post my next reply after im finished burning you beloved game.

Lol, wow... Rolling Eyes

...your one trick pony arguement speaks volumes about how mature you really are. Laughing

nathan

PostPosted: Aug Fri 12, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok tell me this, if I never played this game befor and I wanted your addvice about buying it what yould you tell me that would get me int buying it?
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Sat 13, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan wrote:
Ok tell me this, if I never played this game befor and I wanted your addvice about buying it what yould you tell me that would get me int buying it?

Well, for starters if you're not into Turn Based Strategy games, or Strategy games at all, I'd never suggest it.

If you're a RTS player and think that 100 tanks is a valid strategy, I'd never recommend it on the fact that you'd probably cry because you'd see how flawed your tactic is.

If I know that graphics is all you care about or you think it's more important than gameplay. I'm not going to suggest this game.

If you don't like military games that have a decent level of realism with your units, I'm not going to suggest this game.

Note: Realism = How a unit matches up in real life.

[hr]

Now, if you play lots of strategy games, especially turn based ones and even more so the kind with a decent level of realism I'd recommend this game. Why?

1.) Unit matchups are pretty accurate. You can't take a cheap fighter plane and expect it to outperform a state of the art Interceptor.

2.) Variety. Lots of units, lots of production countries and lots of terrain types that open up many strategies.

3.) For those that like to learn from their mistakes, being able to take over the AI at any point in the game is a great tool to see just how you lost (or won). Most games don't have this.

4.) Decent AI. While human players are always preferred in Strategy games (as they are always more cunning for the most part), the AI isn't so bad that you can win "too easy" or lose without ever having a fighting chance.

5.) Map Editor. A must have for any strategy fan.

[hr]

Now, yes I have gripes about this game, but since I humored you. You tell me a Turn Based Strategy title that is better than this game on the XBox and is released in the United States. Oh, and it has to be a military one (though I'm sure a fantasy one "might" be acceptable). I for one, know of none, which means this....

How do you compare a title, that has none like it on this system? You cannot compare an TBS to a FPS. That's like comparing a Jeep to a Ferrari, you just can't. Ooo the Ferrari is shiny and goes fast, but my Jeep can drive in terrain your Ferrari will never be able to. Guess what? I'll take my Jeep over a Ferrari any day. That doesn't make my Jeep any less of a vehicle than the Ferrari, just it's not the same.

So, it all goes back to, why did YOU buy the game in the first place? All your gripes seem to be based off of things that are clearly on the box. The rest, well tend to imply your not a big Turn Based Strategy fan in the first place.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> The Suggestion Box All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: