Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

this ^@#$! game sux!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> The Suggestion Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nathan

PostPosted: Aug Sat 13, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok I just wanna ask you a cuppel things, how old are you? Because an adult would proubly have more important thinks to do than argue with a teen about a videogame. Also if you where in the army what was your roll? Tank crew, infntry, what? Another thing why did you ever quit the army, they make good money right?
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Sat 13, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan wrote:
ok I just wanna ask you a cuppel things, how old are you? Because an adult would proubly have more important thinks to do than argue with a teen about a videogame. Also if you where in the army what was your roll? Tank crew, infntry, what? Another thing why did you ever quit the army, they make good money right?

I'm not arguing with you. I'm maintaining a discussion, that has a lot more to do with the gaming industry as a whole and not just this game.

I served as a Mortarman in the US Marine Corps. That falls under infantry.

The military does not pay exceptionally well. However, I was discharged after receiving an injury that kept me from continuing to be able to serve as the US Marines required.

As far as having better things to do, I'm not sure what you are trying to say. I would think having a discussion about a hobby of mine on here is no different than discussing it with someone in person. Wink

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Aug Sat 13, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me a "T"
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Sun 14, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
Give me a "T"

Okay, I'll bite. Laughing

"T"? Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
nathan

PostPosted: Aug Sat 20, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you thik this game is so good? Why do you think RST's are unrealistic then this junk? I want you to check out Empire Earth 2 for pc. That is't real to you. Weather effacts your units and the game play. A plane on its way to bomb a particular target might run into a storm and would be forced to return to base.You have to advance in technalogies to create different units and you must find and extract resources, not just depend on cities to give you money. Theres not just the fact that RST's involve more quick thinking than turned based stratiges there also more fun and there is more things you can do and you can play with more than 4 people in a game that takes about 1 hour per turn.
nathan

PostPosted: Aug Sat 20, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IM not trying to make you mad I just was intrested in the topic about the army. What kind of injury, a morter explosion?
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Sat 20, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan wrote:
Why do you thik this game is so good? Why do you think RST's are unrealistic then this junk? I want you to check out Empire Earth 2 for pc. That is't real to you. Weather effacts your units and the game play. A plane on its way to bomb a particular target might run into a storm and would be forced to return to base.You have to advance in technalogies to create different units and you must find and extract resources, not just depend on cities to give you money. Theres not just the fact that RST's involve more quick thinking than turned based stratiges there also more fun and there is more things you can do and you can play with more than 4 people in a game that takes about 1 hour per turn.

Fun is relative. Some people loathe Chess because it's boring and some people love Chess because it interests them.

I'm not saying this game is the best game ever, however, I am saying that I enjoy this game because I really enjoy Turn Based Strategy games.

As for Empire Earth II, I haven't played it and might consider it. However, there's a lot about the Game Engines of RTS games that I take into consideration. Mostly, it has to do with AI Pathfinding, the tactics the AI employs and just the overall feel to the combat.

SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Sat 20, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan wrote:
IM not trying to make you mad I just was intrested in the topic about the army. What kind of injury, a morter explosion?

As far as my injuries go, without going into too much detail, I sustained injuries to my legs that resulted in my leaving the US Marine Corps.

Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Aug Sun 21, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuff said. Wink

Twisted Evil
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Sun 21, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
Nuff said. Wink

Twisted Evil

Lmao, but it seems the Generals preferred to disband me rather than put me on a city for a few days. Laughing

Ah well. Twisted Evil

Ooh Rah! Carry on. Cool

Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Aug Mon 22, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should have just combined you with some other units, provided you had the same weapon pack as the other unit. Wink

Twisted Evil
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Mon 22, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
They should have just combined you with some other units, provided you had the same weapon pack as the other unit. Wink

Twisted Evil

I think that would make me Infantry Pack 2 (The 81mm Mortars. Twisted Evil

irashunal

PostPosted: Aug Wed 24, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: back to Nathan Reply with quote

I ran into Nathan's other rant first but after this series of literacy challenged assaults i'd recommend a BOOK rather than a video game for this teen.

Strategy games build the mind, the rationale, and help people to be able to process real life problems because their minds are trained to approach problems with more of an analytical mode of thought. In the real world 'click click boom' doesn't cut it in 90% of the cases. Especially in the real world work force.

In order to have an edge on your competition in the work force you have to be able to show drive, initiative, resourcefulness, determination, and yes - some intelligence would help.

Not click click boom....
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Aug Wed 24, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spend four years at Microsoft and you'll have had it up to here with people treating "real life problems" analytically Wink
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Thu 25, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
Spend four years at Microsoft and you'll have had it up to here with people treating "real life problems" analytically Wink

Heh, I've heard that the programmers also shun keyboards after they retire from a certain inside source. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> The Suggestion Box All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: