Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Daisenryaku Perfect 2.0 DX
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Jul Thu 07, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Daisenryaku Perfect 2.0 DX Reply with quote

Does anyone on this board own this title, Daisenryaku Perfect 2.0 DX (or version 1.0)? I am thoroughly enjoying Kemco's iteration for the Xbox, but was stunned by the additional features of the latest PC version.

I wonder if an informal, partial localization was possible. Many games have easily editable game interface files, where one could simply paste English text over the Kanji.

What is really striking to me, however, is how US wargame outfits like HPS, Shrapnel, and Matrix have not tried to develop this engine for the US market. Grognards would love this game, and it appears that base code has been sold to many buyers over a long period of time, hence the constellation of versions that have appeared.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Sat 09, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Daisenryaku Perfect 2.0 DX Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Does anyone on this board own this title, Daisenryaku Perfect 2.0 DX (or version 1.0)? I am thoroughly enjoying Kemco's iteration for the Xbox, but was stunned by the additional features of the latest PC version.

I wonder if an informal, partial localization was possible. Many games have easily editable game interface files, where one could simply paste English text over the Kanji.

What is really striking to me, however, is how US wargame outfits like HPS, Shrapnel, and Matrix have not tried to develop this engine for the US market. Grognards would love this game, and it appears that base code has been sold to many buyers over a long period of time, hence the constellation of versions that have appeared.

Not a clue. I for one would be really interested in picking up version for myself.

Doug, you should look into seeing if Kemco would bring this one over. I'm thinking because it's PC that you'd have a bigger customer base. Considering that's where most of these types of games reside on.

I'd think Shrapnel hasn't tried. Though WinSPMBT just came out and they might have been busy with that? I dunno, I'd just really would like to see this installment come over here for the simple fact that it looks that good. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Jul Sat 09, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it 119.00 Dollars?

http://www.himeyashop.com/product_info.php/cPath/27/products_id/910
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Jul Sat 09, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's absurdly pricey. I would upgrade my PC to play that game, and could probably hack the files easily if I could afford it. I'd have trouble (as usual) with scenario text and what-not however menus, dialogs, etc should be fairly rote, particularly if the labels are stored as text.

PostPosted: Jul Sun 10, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can hack that to english and make a copy I will sure be interested ....
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Jul Sun 10, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, to get a copy of the game...lol

PostPosted: Jul Mon 11, 2005 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That´s what I´m talking about..I´ll be interested in getting a copy of the game...maybe we could split the price or something.....the point is, I don´t speak jap...

Is there any site where I can see some screenshots?
thekossack

PostPosted: Jul Tue 12, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SystemSoft website has many screenshots of the game, but to navigate the site, it is best to open another window, go to babblefish.com and enter the URL in the translation box, selecting "Japanese to English." You can then browse the links with Janglish text, which is far easier than Kanji for those who read Japanese.

BTW, here is a brief list of features I found while looking at the site;

Maps can be as large as 256x256 hexes.
New elevation - super high elevation (for ballistic missiles, air recon)
Facilities are entered for benefits, and there are many more available.
Facilities can be destroyed by strategic weapons.
Bridges - can be built and blown.
Day and Night cycles - affects visibility.
Full unit editor, full map editor, full scenario editor, including reinforcements.
Unit Fatigue - use them too much and they stop moving.
Long range ambush units - SAMs and Interceptors now fire at approaching enemies from a distance. (This could also help make tank destroyer units like TOW carriers bahve more realistically, and finally have a real game use.
Critical Hits and Total Misses - chances for extra damage or total whiffs.
Repair units - can repair damaged/destroyed facilities/bridges. This allows for a real strategic warfare game, where production can be targeted by strategic bombers while repair units frantically work to repair.
Ballistic Missile phase - a special phase for conducting attacks, which can be set to occur before/after normal unit phase.
Land and Sea Mines, with Mine removal/detction units.

Oddly, the I cannot find weather rules, which have been incorporated in some of the Ps2 WWII titles. This version was supposed to cover EVERYTHING in the series (and more), but I haven't been able to verify.

Anyway, this list should perk further interest in this excellent game series, and yes, I would be willing to pay anyone with language skills to help our little community develop an informal translated version.
ROBERT

PostPosted: Jul Tue 12, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys count me in...
ROBERT

PostPosted: Jul Tue 12, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking around babblefish.com and I just can't get it translated...

What do you mean by: "go to babblefish.com and enter the URL in the translation box, selecting "Japanese to English." You can then browse the links with Janglish text"
ROBERT

PostPosted: Jul Tue 12, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found these ones, by looking at the images though because is in jap...

http://www.ss-alpha.co.jp/products/dsperfect2dx.html

are those from the latest version?

PostPosted: Jul Tue 12, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, the website URL is
http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Enter this URL into the box entitled 'Translate this webpage;"
http://www.ss-alpha.co.jp/

Follow links for Perfect 2.0 DX

ps - make sure you selected "Japanese to English" on the babelfish page.

PostPosted: Jul Tue 12, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we're talking.....
tyrannical

PostPosted: Jul Sat 16, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
Yeah, it's absurdly pricey. I would upgrade my PC to play that game, and could probably hack the files easily if I could afford it. I'd have trouble (as usual) with scenario text and what-not however menus, dialogs, etc should be fairly rote, particularly if the labels are stored as text.

You could just make up scenario text. Hell, I could make up scenario text.
Scenario text like my signature would probably be more interesting then what the real text would be anyways.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Sat 16, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyrannical wrote:
JVGFanatic wrote:

You could just make up scenario text. Hell, I could make up scenario text.
Scenario text like my signature would probably be more interesting then what the real text would be anyways.

Lol, I hope your joking about using your sig as scenario text. Rolling Eyes

But, assuming you could tell what is going on, yeah, you could totally write something in it's place as long as it fit the bill. Though it would be nice to know what was "supposed" to have been there.

Remember that the nuances of one language doesn't translate well into others. I'll bet there's some US stuff that makes some people wince when it gets translated into other languages.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: