Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Daisenryaku Perfect 2.0 DX
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tyrannical

PostPosted: Jul Sat 16, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I wasn't joking about using my signature. Look at the DS:VII scenario descriptions. I'm sure Adoug didn't write them.
That millionaires and oil barron one was plain silly.

ZeroWing is a classic thanks to bad translation.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Sat 16, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyrannical wrote:
No, I wasn't joking about using my signature. Look at the DS:VII scenario descriptions. I'm sure Adoug didn't write them.
That millionaires and oil barron one was plain silly.

ZeroWing is a classic thanks to bad translation.

Lol, a comedic parody of the intricacies of war. I think that scenario was supposed to be a pun of sorts.

Though, I'm sure they could have spent more time making us give a darn about the war. It started off okay, but then they side tracked it with the rebels and the neutral desert people. They could have made their tie ins much better for sure.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ROBERT

PostPosted: Aug Thu 25, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I´ve been looking at those screenshots and I have notice the game (DSP 2.0) features a 2D view.

The xbox version is the first and only DS version I have played, and I´m just curious here but, is the console version the only one featuring full 3D view?
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Aug Thu 25, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert, the Dreamcast versions (Europe No Arashi and 2001) support a 3D view though the one in ENA is very tough to get your bearings with. 2001 is a bit better (increased resolution) but the panning, zooming, and moving are very weak (slow, clunky, etc).

The PS2 version of Daisenryaku VII Exceed will have full 3D as well (it's DVII only with more stuff...tons more).

The DC versions were both more complex than any previous and current console based Daisenryaku games. The Saturn revs come in a close 2nd in the console Dai complexity scale. The XBox version is right down there with the GBA version in terms of complexity.

I've discovered Matrix games and thus am not even paying any attention to Daisenryaku until SystemSoftAlpha decides to release their PS2 incarnation. Just picked up War in the Pacific but probably won't be able to get to it for another month or so.
ROBERT

PostPosted: Aug Thu 25, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow .. seems like you´ve been in touch with the series since some time ago....

But then, the PC version of DSP 2.0 (the latest I assume) does not feature a 3d view, right?, I understand just some of the console versions had

Which one do you think features (or is going to) a better and more detailed gameplay: DSP 2.0 or DSVII Exceed?
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Aug Thu 25, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without a doubt DSP 2.0 will certainly have more detailed gameplay. As to which is better, well that is entirely up to taste. DVIIE (PS2) is going to have the super fast gameplay of DVII (XBox). DP 2.0 is going to be a more detailed but probably slightly slower feeling game. DP2.0 will have weather, attrition, morale, etc... (all the trimings of your standard computer strategy game affair these days) while DVIIE (PS2) is going to have all the limitations (and ease of play) that console games typically have.

You already know what DVII exceed is going to be like (think DVII Xbox only more of it, a proper campaign mode, unit leaders, twice as many units...but still none of the typically PC features).

Ack, busybusy here. Hope this makes sense.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Thu 25, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
Without a doubt DSP 2.0 will certainly have more detailed gameplay. As to which is better, well that is entirely up to taste. DVIIE (PS2) is going to have the super fast gameplay of DVII (XBox). DP 2.0 is going to be a more detailed but probably slightly slower feeling game. DP2.0 will have weather, attrition, morale, etc... (all the trimings of your standard computer strategy game affair these days) while DVIIE (PS2) is going to have all the limitations (and ease of play) that console games typically have.

You already know what DVII exceed is going to be like (think DVII Xbox only more of it, a proper campaign mode, unit leaders, twice as many units...but still none of the typically PC features).

Ack, busybusy here. Hope this makes sense.

It did to me. Twisted Evil

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ROBERT

PostPosted: Aug Thu 25, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crystal clear Smile

...just guessing why you're saying DSP 2.0 is going to be a "slightly slower" feeling game? why is not possible for this game (from the same developer) to have all the advanced detailing features you would expect in a PC game, performing just as rhytmical as in DSVII on a capable system machine? and that without mention it's by far not the first game of the series

or it is just that gamplay speed has something to do with the "console audience" thing sometimes goes on in the market? I mean, are you saying that PC strategy games tend to or wmeant to be slower?

Personally, I think gameplay depth is not in the speed but in the way the game's capable system manages it's way to keep you nice posted of even the most little fancy armchair detail we all love about it, so, from this point of view a strategy game could either be console fast and sill PC deep, couldn't it?

DSVII is nice fast and still lets you keep acurate record of the battle oncomings at all time, though it really could have let you see the whole screen when battles happen and your'e playing without battle animations.
ElricJC

PostPosted: Aug Fri 26, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: Poo... Reply with quote

Dang, makes me wish I had a PS2. I have an XBox, and a Game Cube, but no PS2. The PS2 always seems to get the better stuff, at least in areas I'm concerned with. I feel gipped now with the new and better version of DSVII coming out Sad, but I like the idea of morale, weather, and attrition in the DS 2.0 perfect version. I could live without the 3D, although it is very nice, and the speed of game play is good (for a tactics game anyhow Smile).
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Fri 26, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Poo... Reply with quote

ElricJC wrote:
Dang, makes me wish I had a PS2. I have an XBox, and a Game Cube, but no PS2. The PS2 always seems to get the better stuff, at least in areas I'm concerned with. I feel gipped now with the new and better version of DSVII coming out Sad, but I like the idea of morale, weather, and attrition in the DS 2.0 perfect version. I could live without the 3D, although it is very nice, and the speed of game play is good (for a tactics game anyhow Smile).

Personally, I enjoyed more titles on my PS2 than I did for my XBox. I'm not saying one is better than the other, just that I seemed to have kept more of my PS2 titles longer than the XBox ones.

Back on topic, the "slower" gameplay people mention isn't a huge deal as everyone else points out. It's more of how the game plays as a whole that makes the difference.

JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Aug Fri 26, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sort of off topic but I'll revive this nearly functionless (aside from nostalgia) link. I started this project before Rhys started to crawl...when I had time to spend on things like this.

I think only the Dreamcast 2001 page is linked up. It links to a collection of VMS files you can dl'd on your vmu that are user created map/scenario files. There are over 100 of them in total. I was in the midst of translating their titles/descriptions when the project was abandoned. It's one I do hope to get back to though, some day Smile

http://www.jvgfanatic.com/advdai/

That's a listing of all the console versions of Daisenryaku.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Fri 26, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, there's quite a handful of them there. Shocked

JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Aug Sat 27, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeepers, I don't know how I missed the Playstation versions in that list >_
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Sat 27, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
Jeepers, I don't know how I missed the Playstation versions in that list >_

Shocked You mean there's more?

JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Aug Sun 28, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1988.10.11 Daisenryaku - Famicom
1989.04.29 Super Daisenryaku - Megadrive
1990.04.27 Super Daisenryaku - Turbo CD
1991.06.12 Daisenryaku - Gameboy
1991.06.21 Advanced Daisenryaku - Megadrive
1991.09.28 Daisenryaku G - Gamegear
1991.11.21 Lord of Wars - Turbo CD
1992.05.29 Campaign-Han Daisenryaku II - Turbo CD
1992.09.25 Daisenryaku Expert - Super Famicom
1995.09.22 World Advanced Daisenryaku Kotetsu no Ikusakaze - Saturn
1996.03.15 World Advanced Daisenryaku Saksen Fire - Saturn
1996.03.29 Daisenryaku: Players Spirit - Playstation
1996.08.30 Daisenryaku Expert WWII - Super Famicom
1997.06.27 Daisenryaku Strong Style - Saturn
1998.12.03 Daisenryaku: Master Combat - Playstation
1999.02.04 Cyber Daisenryaku - Playstation
2000.06.21 Advanced Daisenryaku Europe no Arashi - Dreamcast
2001.04.26 Advanced Daisenryaku 2001 - Dreamcast
2001.12.07 Daisenryaku for Gameboy Advance - Gameboy Advance
2003.05.29 Daisenryaku VII - XBox
2003.11.03 Daisenryaku 1941 - Playstation 2
2005.06.02 Standard Daisenryoku: Shiwareta Shouri - Playstation 2
2005. TBA Daisenryaku VII Exceed - PS2
2005. TBA Sega Ages: Advanced Daisenryaku: Deutch Dengeki Sakusen - PS2

I'm putting this here so I remember to update the list and my faq cause both managed to get out of date Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: