Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roleplayers Realm!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> General Gaming Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul Fri 08, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Roleplayers Realm! Reply with quote

Welcome to the addition of the Roleplayers Realm. Feel free to discuss all of your travels with fellow gamers. I am looking forward to the new conversations that will be had.

All the best,

Adoug Twisted Evil

RPG's currently playing: Morrowind the Elder Scrolls (Xbox), Champions of Norrath Return to Arms PS2 (level 50 dark elf Shadow Knight).
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul Mon 11, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ran through Champions RTA this weekend a bit, up to level 57. The ole shadow knight is getting stronger as we speak. Twisted Evil Maybe I will grab a pic of him and post it...
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Mon 11, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug, you get to play Guild Wars yet? Great game and the fact that they don't have monthy fees, among other things that turn people off from MMORPGs.

It's a sweet game and despite my PC only running just above it's minimum specs, I'm still getting some sweet gameplay and eye candy.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul Mon 11, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent played it, as I dont usually play mainy PC titles, except for Battlefield 1942, which I love. However, my room mate plays it and I have watched it for a bit. It looked cool, as did/does W.O.W, but I am afraid I would lose touch with reality if I started up one of those games. Twisted Evil
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Mon 11, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
I havent played it, as I dont usually play mainy PC titles, except for Battlefield 1942, which I love. However, my room mate plays it and I have watched it for a bit. It looked cool, as did/does W.O.W, but I am afraid I would lose touch with reality if I started up one of those games. Twisted Evil

Lol, and spending hours playing D7 doesn't. Laughing

Though at the moment, I only play Guild Wars in moderated doses. Can't go infringing on my Strategy Games turf too much. Twisted Evil Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul Mon 11, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rarely play Dai sen, since I tested it, I kind of burned out a bit on it, plus, fishing takes up alot of my time recently. Twisted Evil Not to say I wont run through D VII now and again...
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Tue 12, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
I rarely play Dai sen, since I tested it, I kind of burned out a bit on it, plus, fishing takes up alot of my time recently. Twisted Evil Not to say I wont run through D VII now and again...

Lol, sounds like you need a NEW Dai Senryaku game to test. Laughing

Exceed or 2.0 perhaps. Razz

Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul Tue 12, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooo much text...my eyes are bleeding already... Twisted Evil
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Sep Sat 10, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I've started playing and interesting RPG called Growlanser: Generations. It's got both Growlanser II and Growlanser III and I must say it's an interesting game. The graphics are a bit dated for the PS2, but so was Disgaea and that game will never leave my library of games.

It's a mix of Final Fantasy Tactics and a real time battle system. By real time, I'm meaning, you move and fight all in real time, though it's done on a time system, so you're character moves every x amount of time. It's easy to pickup, but there's a LOT of depth to the battles. You can utilize terrain to your advantage and execute some nasty attacks.

The story so far has been pretty good and it doesn't make me feel like it was too cliche, but then again, you can only do so much to be original without alienating your audience. Regardless, while it hasn't quite drawn me in as well as some RPGs have, this is shaping up to be a decent find.

Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sep Sun 11, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am familiar with the Growlanser series, but I have not got into them, yet.... Twisted Evil
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Sep Sun 11, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
I am familiar with the Growlanser series, but I have not got into them, yet.... Twisted Evil

Worth it at least in my opinion. Better if you can find a discounted copy. Cool

JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Sep Sun 11, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Growlanser, I played GL1, 2, and 3 in Japanese and have the Deluxe Edition in English Smile

The character artist is the same guy who did another of my favorite sRPG series: Langrisser.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Sep Sun 11, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
I love Growlanser, I played GL1, 2, and 3 in Japanese and have the Deluxe Edition in English Smile

The character artist is the same guy who did another of my favorite sRPG series: Langrisser.

Aren't they part of the same series though? Or am I just getting my info crossed?

SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Oct Fri 28, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While this game isn't yet slated for stateside release (unfortunately), I'm looking forward to seeing how [eM] -eNCHANT arM- for the XBox 360 plays out. It looks really well done and from what I hear, it's using the Unreal Engine.

I've watched some trailers and gameplay videos (all in Japanese) and it's looking like you're standard Final Fantasy type game (Turn Based Battles, I think), but regardless I think it's a definite game to watch.

Aside from myself wanting to play it, as well as many others I'm sure, I hope that this game comes over because the last gen XBox didn't get many RPGs and I am hoping the 360 will change that trend. While I still will probably get a PS3, I want to get one just so I can play RPGs. Confused

JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Oct Fri 28, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFi2382 wrote:
JVGFanatic wrote:

Aren't they part of the same series though? Or am I just getting my info crossed?

Missed your question SemperFi. They are considered (by those in the know) to be spiritually related but that is only because of the artist. I do not believe there are any cross references between the two games. I didn't notice any and I played almost all the way through every Langrisser game and every Growlanser game. Then again, years separated those plays and I don't have a good head for video game stories or character names.

On the way to me are both Growlanser IVs from Japan. They should be here sometime next week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> General Gaming Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: