Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ABSURD cheating!....or is my perspective wrong?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Tue 23, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROBERT wrote:
What's that "how I tend to play"?

Charge in headlong into a massive land engagement and ignore casualties for the first week or so. Essentially, I attempt to steamroll the AI through brute force in the beginning, especially in a free for all. Because I tend to try and get a decisive victory over one AI army quickly and try to grab as much land as possible.

Sounds bloody and reckless, but later on it's much easier to defend land than it is to claim it after the AI has dug in and you're facing more than one AI on multiple fronts. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ROBERT

PostPosted: Aug Tue 23, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmh...interesting method, however, how you deal with the risk of being overrun if the AI gets "too perfect rolls" at the begining and you end up pretty much "naked" in the middle of 2 or even 3 enemy forces?

What I´ve been doing on 3 player maps is to hold ground on one enemy while focusing on attacking the other, it gets tricky sometimes though.

By the way, any suggestions with "survival basin" map, any help will be appreciated.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Tue 23, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROBERT wrote:
mmh...interesting method, however, how you deal with the risk of being overrun if the AI gets "too perfect rolls" at the begining and you end up pretty much "naked" in the middle of 2 or even 3 enemy forces?

Yeah, if the "too perfect rolls" comes into play, it's one helluva tough fight. At that point, it's dig in and bide my time. Laughing

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
irashunal

PostPosted: Aug Tue 23, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: oh, the pain!! Reply with quote

You want to talk about holding ground! Try playing Triangle against all three AI!! Even if they aren't allied together they all hit you because you're the closest path between them and each other (especially green vs red). I lost an entire group of my saved 'S' class units in this last fiasco and it doesn't seem to matter which country i try to use i get blasted from every side faster than i can retaliate and reinforce!!! Shocked Rolling Eyes Wink

Any ideas?
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: Aug Tue 23, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using ATACMS. Group them together with supply vehicles. Protect them with helos and SAMS. Once you take out their lead forces and their funds drop the pressure will let up. You can them leapfrog the ATACMS or just build a strong ground force and pound through one enemy at a time
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Tue 23, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: oh, the pain!! Reply with quote

irashunal wrote:
You want to talk about holding ground! Try playing Triangle against all three AI!! Even if they aren't allied together they all hit you because you're the closest path between them and each other (especially green vs red). I lost an entire group of my saved 'S' class units in this last fiasco and it doesn't seem to matter which country i try to use i get blasted from every side faster than i can retaliate and reinforce!!! Shocked Rolling Eyes Wink

Any ideas?

You need to go on the offensive early. Go after Red and do it with an end run. Meanwhile, setup ATACMS and a decent air defense network. Once Red is KO'ed, swing your forces around and hit Yellow. Keep in mind that Green will be trying to sneak in fighters and assault helos constantly. For the most part, Yellow and Green will be fighting one another, while trying to plow you over.

Keep your defences up and continue to throttle Yellow. Even if it resorts to a sneak attack with transport helos and Special Forces. Once you knock out Yellow, it's just a matter of marching to Green's territory and kicking their sorry hides.

The key is defense and killing Red very (and I stress very) early. Cool

irashunal

PostPosted: Aug Wed 24, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the advice - i'm going to hide my car this weekend, close up all the blinds and black the house out except for my TV-xbox... maybe i'll be left alone long enough to kick some butt on Triangle...
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Aug Wed 24, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes blocking out the world and getting lost in a good game is what dreams are made of....good times... Twisted Evil
ROBERT

PostPosted: Aug Thu 25, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the ATACMS the only way to win that map?
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Thu 25, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROBERT wrote:
Are the ATACMS the only way to win that map?

I've managed to pull it off once without. It requires a heavy offense straight out, hitting Red and Green hard and fast. Then turn around and push Yellow back (which by now should be getting dangerously close to your capitol). Once you consolidated your forces, press on for the final blow. It took me 56 turns to do it and I came close to losing twice.

The trick is to not dig in, but rather go for a swift decisive blow with reckless abandon. Twisted Evil

ElricJC

PostPosted: Aug Sat 27, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Triangle Reply with quote

Since we've been talking about Triangle so much I decided to play it again (only the second time). As U.S., S class, 28 turns, 483 lost sub units to 4,767 killed. I decided to go with my Holy Helis tactic, which just works so dang well. The Russians were dead on turn 7. Boo ya.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Sat 27, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Triangle Reply with quote

ElricJC wrote:
Since we've been talking about Triangle so much I decided to play it again (only the second time). As U.S., S class, 28 turns, 483 lost sub units to 4,767 killed. I decided to go with my Holy Helis tactic, which just works so dang well. The Russians were dead on turn 7. Boo ya.

Laughing A tad slow on taking out Red, but from what you seem to be saying, it's probably much faster to do an all out air assault than a slugging match on the ground. Anyhow, congrats on the sweet victory. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: