Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ABSURD cheating!....or is my perspective wrong?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Sat 23, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arpeegy wrote:
Yea, it would be nice if they made a Dai to scale and added a little more realism to make it a true war simulator. But even as is this game is tops. If you use the right maps you can still make pretty realistic battle situations. The game pieces are fairly accurate to their real world counterparts as well.

If you play the one world map in the game the scale really becomes silly. Your artillery can shoot across oceans. Soldiers can walk across the ocean from Australia to China. And many more weird things. This doesn't bother me because I see the game as more of a souped up Axis and Allies game then an actual war simulator.

Yeah. I really wish I could find someone to play that game with me. I need to buy a new set, but I can never find anyone anymore that can play the game as well as I do. (Save for maybe my friend that plays DSVII with me.)

The PC version that I have is fun, but the AI just isn't up to par and let's me get away with sheer murder sometimes when it obviously could have beaten me much earlier. (Mind you I play on the hardest setting and it's only a slight challenge for the most part.)

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Jul Sat 23, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is this PC version you´re talking about SF?
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Sat 23, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Which is this PC version you´re talking about SF?

PC version of Axis and Allies.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
irashunal

PostPosted: Aug Fri 05, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: "hidden" factor Reply with quote

one thing that no one has mentioned is the overall 'evasion' factor that some units have... i was getting *#% one game because i could never seem to hit the Gazelle choppers - even with my stingers, but they seem to have a pretty good evasion.

As a matter of fact it seems that i score more successful hits on choppers in general by using gunfire rather than missile fire. There may be hidden evasion bonuses in the program depending on what weapon is used against a unit.

I also think that there is a damage resistance involved against some attacks when you're up against armor...

Dems da breaks kids.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Mon 08, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: "hidden" factor Reply with quote

irashunal wrote:
one thing that no one has mentioned is the overall 'evasion' factor that some units have... i was getting *#% one game because i could never seem to hit the Gazelle choppers - even with my stingers, but they seem to have a pretty good evasion.

As a matter of fact it seems that i score more successful hits on choppers in general by using gunfire rather than missile fire. There may be hidden evasion bonuses in the program depending on what weapon is used against a unit.

I also think that there is a damage resistance involved against some attacks when you're up against armor...

Dems da breaks kids.

Well, aside from the modifiers of what weapons are good for what kind of target. It's clear that the math for resolving the attacks is a bit strange at times.

Doug, is there any way that we could perhaps recover the algorithms from anyone that has "seen" the code?

Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Aug Mon 08, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sir. Twisted Evil
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Mon 08, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
No sir. Twisted Evil

Damn. Ah well.

Ooh Rah! Carry on. Cool

irashunal

PostPosted: Aug Sun 21, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: this just in - the AI DOES cheat Reply with quote

I was right on the heels of an IFV in my last game - with heli and tanks closing in from two sides and an infantry following along reclaiming the cities it had spoked from my backfield...

The IFV was in a city about to claim it, the next round i was gonna pummel the sucker and be done with it - the AI claimed the city and then took off towards the next city on its very next turn..

Right before my eyes!! Busted AI.

So, do i feel bad about doubling my ammo cheat codes? Haaelll Naw!
ROBERT

PostPosted: Aug Sun 21, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure?

I have spent a lot of my time playing this game I have never seen the AI cheating in any way?
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Sun 21, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: this just in - the AI DOES cheat Reply with quote

irashunal wrote:
I was right on the heels of an IFV in my last game - with heli and tanks closing in from two sides and an infantry following along reclaiming the cities it had spoked from my backfield...

The IFV was in a city about to claim it, the next round i was gonna pummel the sucker and be done with it - the AI claimed the city and then took off towards the next city on its very next turn..

Right before my eyes!! Busted AI.

So, do i feel bad about doubling my ammo cheat codes? Haaelll Naw!

Hmm, that's strange. I've never seen the AI cheat THAT badly, but it could be possible.

ROBERT

PostPosted: Aug Mon 22, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SF:

What do you mean by "that badly"?

Have you ever seen the AI cheating?..in wich ways?

The only occasion I thought I saw the AI cheating is when I received some attacks from it´s SPH at objectives that were out of it´s LOS, but that´s it
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Mon 22, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROBERT wrote:
SF:

What do you mean by "that badly"?

Have you ever seen the AI cheating?..in wich ways?

The only occasion I thought I saw the AI cheating is when I received some attacks from it´s SPH at objectives that were out of it´s LOS, but that´s it

1.) Well, I'm beginning to be convinced that the AI attack rolls are a little "too perfect" on Hard.

2.) I'm not sure about LOS cheating, but it's possible considering I don't always check when I get attacked from off screen.

3.) The AI "seems" to find my subs a little too easily especially considering that sometimes they go right to subs that never fired a shot, never spotted and in some obscure corner of the ocean.

ROBERT

PostPosted: Aug Mon 22, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are right about number 1, but I have two things to say about that:

1.- In my personal experience the "too perfect" rolls seem to appear just for the first two or three turns after first combat, after that things get back to normal depending on how well I´m doing, so for example, if in those turns I inflict more damage than the one taken then things get back again to "normal", if not, the AI keeps getting nice rolls.

2.- I think good combat rolls could be part of the hard difficult level, so it does not bother me much nor I think of that as "cheating", just the AI playing with better odds.

I can´t tell about number 3 yet.

If I ever bust the AI cheating, then I will be very dissappointed of that sense of honor japanese are so well known for.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Mon 22, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. It usually doesn't bother me anyhow because of how I tend to play and that I at least feel like I'm fighting a tought fight lol.

ROBERT

PostPosted: Aug Mon 22, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's that "how I tend to play"?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: