Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Turn Based Strategy: Armchair Generals Unite!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> General Gaming Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROBERT

PostPosted: Aug Mon 22, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course..... I understand:wink:

Just ask him if he has a copy of "Pirates"..lol
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Mon 22, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: List of Units in The Operational Art of War Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
This is a link to a text file containing the list of unit types in The Operational Art of War: Century of Warfare. A very slick TBS game I purchased this weekend.

http://www.jvgfanatic.com/TOAWCOWUnits.txt

You can't edit the unit types but you can create your own units/scenarios/maps. There are 100s available for dl'd but the game itself comes with a very healthy variety. Also, you actually can edit the units but you have to have a modified .exe and the program written to modify that .exe. Both are available on the net but you'll need the whole game in order to run it.

Man, that game brings back memories. Too bad my CD died from inept roomies. Perhaps I can locate one off eBay when I get around to it.

As for the store that sounds "fishy", let us know the result. Heh, sometimes people amaze me how dumb they think gamers are. Rolling Eyes

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Aug Tue 23, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I TOTALLY stand corrected. Apparetly Take2Store (take 2 game's storefront) DOES IN FACT sell Operational Art of War as a green disc with a inkjet printed label on it.

Quite the rip off for 39.99 if you ask me, that's almost all pure profit.

Aaaanyway, I got mine (for 34.99 Razz) from www.nws-online.net

Cheers.
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Aug Tue 23, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm dl'ding WINSPMBT again. I was (sort of) mistaking it for steel panthers however I do remember disappointment at winspmbt as well but that was probably due more to my crappy PC at the time than anything. I'll give it a go when I find the time. Smile
ROBERT

PostPosted: Aug Tue 23, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is actually a super mod of steel panthers II "Windows Steel Panthers Main Battle Tank"
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Tue 23, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
Okay, I TOTALLY stand corrected. Apparetly Take2Store (take 2 game's storefront) DOES IN FACT sell Operational Art of War as a green disc with a inkjet printed label on it.

Quite the rip off for 39.99 if you ask me, that's almost all pure profit.

Aaaanyway, I got mine (for 34.99 Razz) from www.nws-online.net

Cheers.

Sweet, looks like I can replace my dead CD now. Twisted Evil

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Aug Wed 24, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up my copy of Advance Wars DS yesterday. Stupid game, kept me up till 1:30 last night. It was fun. Twisted Evil
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Wed 24, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
Picked up my copy of Advance Wars DS yesterday. Stupid game, kept me up till 1:30 last night. It was fun. Twisted Evil

LMAO. Twisted Evil

The Advance Wars series has that bad habit of sucking up hours of your life. Though, I don't mind beating the Black Hole Army back to the hole they crawled from. Hehe, no pun intended. Laughing

PostPosted: Aug Thu 25, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What´s the big deal about this AW series?

I´ve been looking at the new one´s screenshots and at first glance it seems a little dull to me although gamespot gave it a very rare 9.2....Is it that good? as good as DSVII? or just kind of?
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Thu 25, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
What´s the big deal about this AW series?

I´ve been looking at the new one´s screenshots and at first glance it seems a little dull to me although gamespot gave it a very rare 9.2....Is it that good? as good as DSVII? or just kind of?

Advance Wars is very indepth, but very simple. Take Chess for example (my favorite example). Once you understand the pieces and their movements, the game becomes very complex and deep as each piece has their own unique role. Advance Wars is the same way. A generic unit list, but in the grand scheme of things, there is a lot of strategy involved.

I personally think that it's on par or better than DS:VII simply because that the story is very well done and they manage to make the player feel accomplished after a tough battle, but still wanting to come back for more. The AI is a tad more predictable, but in many ways it's much better than DS:VII. Cool

ROBERT

PostPosted: Aug Thu 25, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I know what you're saying, I'll have to give it a try then
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Aug Thu 25, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont get me wrong, I am currently enjoying Advance Wars DS, but I do find the main character a bit too "hip" with some of the catch phrases...but I just ignore that part and enjoy it. Twisted Evil
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Fri 26, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
Dont get me wrong, I am currently enjoying Advance Wars DS, but I do find the main character a bit too "hip" with some of the catch phrases...but I just ignore that part and enjoy it. Twisted Evil

Well, just think of it as a character "quirk". LMAO, too hip for his own good. Wink

ROBERT

PostPosted: Aug Mon 29, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone knows if the 2 AW GBA versions are contained in the "GBA Collection" CD for XboX?

I wish they are
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Mon 29, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROBERT wrote:
Anyone knows if the 2 AW GBA versions are contained in the "GBA Collection" CD for XboX?

I wish they are

Hmm, that's a good question. I'm trying to think if I know anybody I know has that CD. If they do, I'll be sure to let you know. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> General Gaming Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: