Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Favorite Maps
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maul

PostPosted: Jul Thu 14, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Favorite Maps Reply with quote

Hey all, looking for recomendations on maps. Theres alot to pick from. My current flavor of the month is...

Land battles with lots of opponents. If 3 armies gang up on me, great!

I'm really not into naval battles yet.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul Thu 14, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give El Alamein a try and see if you like it. It has only two armies total, but I think you will enjoy it. Plus, I made it, so there is some shameless self promotion there...Twisted Evil
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Thu 14, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite Maps Reply with quote

Maul wrote:
Hey all, looking for recomendations on maps. Theres alot to pick from. My current flavor of the month is...

Land battles with lots of opponents. If 3 armies gang up on me, great!

I'm really not into naval battles yet.

Four Kingdoms, Fortress and Fire Prarie are great land locked battles. 4 player free for all! Doug's map is a pretty good one too. Though I'm in a naval warfare kinda mood lately. Twisted Evil

Ooh Rah! Carry on. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tyrannical

PostPosted: Jul Sat 16, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triangle island is kind of fun. I think I set some type of destruction record with over 10,000 enemy sub units destroyed.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Sat 16, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyrannical wrote:
Triangle island is kind of fun. I think I set some type of destruction record with over 10,000 enemy sub units destroyed.

18,472 enemy sub units. Cool

Lol, ATACMS are so wrong sometimes. Laughing

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ROBERT

PostPosted: Aug Mon 01, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any recomendations for a good naval map for a beginer on sea battles?

I´m just starting with naval warfare and want to learn the basics and unit´s capabilities with a good and enjoyable map
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Mon 01, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROBERT wrote:
Any recomendations for a good naval map for a beginer on sea battles?

I´m just starting with naval warfare and want to learn the basics and unit´s capabilities with a good and enjoyable map

Hmm, I think I went with Blueridge or something like that (It's a 4 player map with lots of naval space. Watch for air attacks though.

DoubleTap

PostPosted: Aug Tue 02, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
Give El Alamein a try and see if you like it. It has only two armies total, but I think you will enjoy it. Plus, I made it, so there is some shameless self promotion there...Twisted Evil

"The desert is a tactician's paradise and a quartermaster's nightmare".
-Irwin Rommel
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Aug Tue 02, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently reading Rommels dairy from WW1 and 2. It is quite interesting. Twisted Evil
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Tue 02, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
I am currently reading Rommels dairy from WW1 and 2. It is quite interesting. Twisted Evil

Hmm, that's one diary I'd like to read. Cool

smaug_the_dragon

PostPosted: Aug Wed 03, 2005 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might this auto-biography be "Infantry Attacks"? It is very well written, and can actually improve your game playing. Patton read thsi book and patterned his tactics after Rommel. Do you remember in the movie "Patton" where George C. Scott portays him, he stops Rommel at what I beleive is Kasserine Pass and he yells out, " I read your book you brilliant s__o_b____!"
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Aug Wed 03, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is just called Erwin Rommel, but I will double check tonight and post it. Nothing against any French people here, but in his book, he constantly writes how they would run the other way all the time, it is kind of funny. Twisted Evil
DoubleTap

PostPosted: Aug Wed 03, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try "Blood, Tears and Folly" by Len Deighton. Good stuff.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Aug Wed 03, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEIN!...kidding..I will have to take a look. By the way, I dont speak Deutsch (german) so my spelling is probably off... Twisted Evil I love it in Battlefield 1942, yelling out german commands, it sounded cool!
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Wed 03, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
NEIN!...kidding..I will have to take a look. By the way, I dont speak Deutsch (german) so my spelling is probably off... Twisted Evil I love it in Battlefield 1942, yelling out german commands, it sounded cool!

Lol, well at least you tried. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: