Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tank Destroyers???
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brashin

PostPosted: Jul Fri 15, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: Tank Destroyers??? Reply with quote

I like using the Japanese tank destoryers with the TOW rockets on the Humvee's chasis. Range of 3 and do good damage and are cheap

The US Tank destroyers all have a range of 1 I believe they use TOW as well but range of 1 and very weak. No sense in using a tank destroyer with a range of 1 as the tanks they attack can fire back and obliterate them.

Do they ever get a range 3 Tank Destoryer at all???
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Fri 15, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Tank Destroyers??? Reply with quote

Brashin wrote:
I like using the Japanese tank destoryers with the TOW rockets on the Humvee's chasis. Range of 3 and do good damage and are cheap

The US Tank destroyers all have a range of 1 I believe they use TOW as well but range of 1 and very weak. No sense in using a tank destroyer with a range of 1 as the tanks they attack can fire back and obliterate them.

Do they ever get a range 3 Tank Destoryer at all???

Unfortunately no.

However, with the wide array of powerful artillery, a large selection of attack aircraft/helos and good main battle tanks, The US doesn't suffer from this detriment as some of the other nations do.

EDIT: There are some discrepancies as to the range of the TOW Missles. I think the Japanese version is a bit too long ranged. It compares to the ranges of the Maverick Missles and out ranges the Hellfires which isn't exactly right govering how TOW Missles actually work.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tyrannical

PostPosted: Jul Sat 16, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That range 3 must be an error. They should all have range 1 I beleive.

Tank destroyers are best used when attacking crippled tanks as mop up.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Sat 16, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyrannical wrote:
That range 3 must be an error. They should all have range 1 I beleive.

Tank destroyers are best used when attacking crippled tanks as mop up.

Agreed on both counts. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Brashin

PostPosted: Jul Mon 18, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill have to look because it was like on mission 4 or 5 when you first get to build units on the resort island. I used them and they were cheap and had great range. I thought since they looked just like the US Avenger's that the US would have them as well but do not
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Mon 18, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brashin wrote:
Ill have to look because it was like on mission 4 or 5 when you first get to build units on the resort island. I used them and they were cheap and had great range. I thought since they looked just like the US Avenger's that the US would have them as well but do not

Mounted on Humvees? Or mounted on the LAVs?

Arpeegy

PostPosted: Jul Fri 22, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only use Tank Destroyers in mop-up duty or when funds are low.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Fri 22, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arpeegy wrote:
Only use Tank Destroyers in mop-up duty or when funds are low.

Mop up is usually the way to go. I use them in this fashion when I play Russia. Charge in, blast a few holes in the lines and let the Tank Destroyers mop up and take the brunt of the counter-attack while my tanks re-arm and repair.

katana

PostPosted: Jul Sat 23, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the russia's tank destroyer because they use the same guns as T80U, T90 and T72.

since they are cheap i use them to mop up and risk them to save my rank S units.
irashunal

PostPosted: Aug Sun 21, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: fav T - Dest Reply with quote

I like the Japanese tank destroyer that Brashin was talking about - i've nicknamed them 'Memphis' units.

I like the range that the Russian Sprut has but it seems that these things do better against infantry than anything else!
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Sun 21, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: fav T - Dest Reply with quote

irashunal wrote:
I like the Japanese tank destroyer that Brashin was talking about - i've nicknamed them 'Memphis' units.

I like the range that the Russian Sprut has but it seems that these things do better against infantry than anything else!

I like the Spruts. Maybe it's just me, but they are one of the better TDs in the game.

ElricJC

PostPosted: Aug Mon 22, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject: Sprut 235 Reply with quote

I don't know, I'm not all that wild about the Sprut 235. It's firepower is equal to the T-72, it's accuracy is actually a little better but its so brittle and not dramatically faster, plus its fuel is low and it isn't much cheaper than the full on T-72 MBT. For a good, cheap gun tank destroyer, the Chinese Type 89 is good. It's very slow, but fairly accurate, and is the Chinese's only ground weapon with FP 4. And it's only 170 to produce. Good clean-up weapon.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Mon 22, 2005 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Sprut 235 Reply with quote

ElricJC wrote:
I don't know, I'm not all that wild about the Sprut 235. It's firepower is equal to the T-72, it's accuracy is actually a little better but its so brittle and not dramatically faster, plus its fuel is low and it isn't much cheaper than the full on T-72 MBT. For a good, cheap gun tank destroyer, the Chinese Type 89 is good. It's very slow, but fairly accurate, and is the Chinese's only ground weapon with FP 4. And it's only 170 to produce. Good clean-up weapon.

Like I said, I use them primarily as mop up or damage sponges for my MBT formations if I'm waiting for reinforcements and the situation looks grim. I usually have them paired with SPHs which can soften up most targets enough for the Spruts to play ballistic projectile tag. Laughing

ElricJC

PostPosted: Aug Tue 23, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Clean-Up Reply with quote

Quote:
Like I said, I use them primarily as mop up or damage sponges for my MBT formations if I'm waiting for reinforcements and the situation looks grim

Oh, I know what you're saying, what I meant was I minus the Spruts all together and use the T-72s like TDs Smile. Although, I can't remember, but is the Sprut any more mobile than the T-72? What's its track type, I can't remember. One advantage the Sprut has is a detection range of 3 as opposed to 2, but I still use the T-72s in most cases for mop up in a fashion similar to yours (SPH + TD).

And there's something fun about using the T-72. It was a lackluster tank, but it's practically the symbol of every tin-pot dictator across the globe since it was such a budget vehicle - at least, as much as any semi-modern tank can be. It's a homely vehicle, but there's something neat about seeing an S class T-72 take out a Leopard 2A6 squadron Very Happy.
irashunal

PostPosted: Aug Tue 23, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: to tech or not to tech... Reply with quote

Y'know i've often wondered - if it wasn't for American hi-tech in all of our military.. how would we actually stack up against the rest of the world's military? What if we were forced to fight with bare bones equipment like some of these third world countries?

Y'know Saddam's forces rarely even got within range of our people - MLRS wiped out entire football field chunks of terrain per rocket, the A-10's cluster bombed entire caravan's of enemy forces, heli - hellfire rained down from a fly-by roasting faster than they could even cry 'Allah save my ignorant ass'.... All guided by SAT-COM and other wonderful target acquisition toys.

Some of these countries are still working with WWII origin tech - and amongst themselves they fair pretty well on the battlefield. How would we perform if we were thrown back to that kind of equipment?

We evaluate just about everything from the point of view in ABRAMS/NIGHTHAWK/ATACM technology. But anyone that has played this game can testify that a Russian SMERCH can be just as brutal as an MLRS/ATACM strike - and it is much cheaper if it is lost.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: