Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pacific Storm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brashin

PostPosted: Jul Fri 01, 2005 3:50 am    Post subject: Pacific Storm Reply with quote

Just want to share with you guys a game that looks very promising called Pacific Storm

Link
http://www.steelmonsters.com/en/index.php

Release date later this fall they say but as we all know "its done when it's done"
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Jul Fri 01, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read four pages of text telling me almost nothing about the game and I can only assume it's yet anothe PC strategy game. Sigh.

PostPosted: Jul Sun 03, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
Read four pages of text telling me almost nothing about the game and I can only assume it's yet anothe PC strategy game. Sigh.

Real Time Strategy, Tactical Strategy, Flight Simulator all rolled into one. I dug deeper and yes, sadly it's a PC game.

I might look into it after a while when it becomes a cheaper title due to the flight simulator portions, but this isn't something that I'm going to be eagerly awaiting. Even the gameplay videos aren't all that convincing.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Sun 03, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
JVGFanatic wrote:

Real Time Strategy, Tactical Strategy, Flight Simulator all rolled into one. I dug deeper and yes, sadly it's a PC game.

I might look into it after a while when it becomes a cheaper title due to the flight simulator portions, but this isn't something that I'm going to be eagerly awaiting. Even the gameplay videos aren't all that convincing.

Oops, that was me. Forgot to login. Laughing

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Sun 03, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

However, after watching the videos a second time more closely, this game does show promise. The attention to historical accuracy without railroading the player is an interesting idea. There are a few other things that interest me as well. Perhaps I will keep an eye on this game and see how it develops. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Fri 26, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, time to breathe life into and old topic. Why? This game is shaping up to be quite a nice title. They are sending out Beta Kits to a select handful of people that applied and the test should begin shortly.

From what I can tell, this just might be a game that could possibly become one of my favorite PC Strategy titles. Keep an eye on this one folks, especially if you liked P.T.O. IV on the PS2. Twisted Evil

Ooh Rah! Carry on. Cool

PostPosted: Sep Thu 22, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFi I know you have the non disclosure rules but I truly hope this game is shaping up to be every bit as promising as the in game videos show
Brashin

PostPosted: Sep Thu 22, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn forgot to log in on above post
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Sep Thu 22, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I am a PC gamer I can say that this game is going to be great, only...I doubt it will hold a candle to War in the Pacific...

We'll see though Smile
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Sep Thu 22, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
Now that I am a PC gamer I can say that this game is going to be great, only...I doubt it will hold a candle to War in the Pacific...

We'll see though Smile

Obviously, due to my NDA, I cannot divulge too much at this point, but I must say that this game is turning out to be pretty addicting.

The "something for everyone" approach is done well and it doesn't seem like they are trying to do too much at once. Wink

Brashin

PostPosted: Sep Thu 29, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as long as they execute on what they advertise I think we are all in for a treat, however like everyone else I have been burned before getting my hopes up
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Sep Thu 29, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brashin wrote:
Just as long as they execute on what they advertise I think we are all in for a treat, however like everyone else I have been burned before getting my hopes up

I know how you feel. We are working hard to hunt down as much of the bugs as possible (even down to some more minute details) and so far it's coming along. I wish I could say more, but even testing a buggy version, it's been rather pleasant. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: