Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An uneasy alliance?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blowed up REAL good!

PostPosted: Jul Tue 26, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: An uneasy alliance? Reply with quote

...or just math?

Just how smart is the AI?

In a multi player, no allies map, is it programmed to account for level of aggression?....or is it simply a matter of doing the math to calc the highest immediate threat?

I've played a few maps now where I've purposely not attacked one enemy because it was busy with another enemy, and the situation served me. I've had my pieces within viewable range, but they have not been attacked. I've even helped the enemy defend themselves against their attacker, and left my pieces vulnerable to them, and still, no attack.

Not until the original attacker is sent running does the unofficial ally attack me. It feels like a scripted temporary alliance......but I'm guessing it is just math.

I ask the question though because sometimes I have been a much bigger threat, but still have not been attacked.
The_Sacrament

PostPosted: Feb Tue 21, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats kinda cool,so if you want an unofficial alliance,just dont attack them...

General Dwight D. Eisenhower
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Feb Tue 21, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used this situation to my advantage. On several occasions playing as the Chinese, I've used my enemies fighting to slip several transports with paratroopers deep inside their lines.

The subsequent damage caused by my attack rendered one of the enemies ineffective. The result allowed their main enemy to push incredibly far into their borders. With all their forces so far from home, I plowed into their capitol and take them out.

Then I proceeded to kill off the weak nation that was trying to recover from their near death. I could then concentrate on the last army, which by now was in a similar position as the first enemy. Too far from home to stop my drive to their capitol, they were quickly subdued.

While an effective tactic, I rarely use this unless it suits my particular strategic needs. Usually moving on poor terrain and/or when facing a pincer attack against superior armor.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: