Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just ordered my copy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sep Thu 01, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Just ordered my copy Reply with quote

I just ordered my copy from Walmart online.

This game sure is hard to find. Is it in production anymore? I'm guessing a new version supporting Xbox Live is not currently being developed.

If it is half as good as it sounds, it will be the best game I own.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sep Thu 01, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you found a copy. I really hope you enjoy it. Currently there is not a new version that is going to support Xbox Live. Stop by again if you have any questions! Enjoy! Twisted Evil
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Sep Thu 01, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you found a copy. I'm sure you won't be dissappointed. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
bakechad

PostPosted: Sep Fri 02, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - I'm the original poster.

One of the original reviews I read was at gamespot. I also saw one on IGN.

The question I have is did any of the print magazines in the U.S. ever publish a review?
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sep Fri 02, 2005 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, they did. The usuals, Official Xbox Magazine (8 out of 10), Game Informer (8 out of 10), XBN Magazine (7 out of 10) etc...Some were full page, most were half page reviews I believe. There was even a preview of the title in Tips and Tricks. Let me know how and if you like it, once you get to spend some time on the game! Twisted Evil
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Sep Fri 02, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
Oh yes, they did. The usuals, Official Xbox Magazine (8 out of 10), Game Informer (8 out of 10), XBN Magazine (7 out of 10) etc...Some were full page, most were half page reviews I believe. There was even a preview of the title in Tips and Tricks. Let me know how and if you like it, once you get to spend some time on the game! Twisted Evil

I think I like game Informers review the best seeing as that was the one that sold me on the game. When they brought up the comparison to the old Avalon Hill games I grew to love, that set my sights squarely on the game as a title I wanted to own.

Ooh Rah! Carry on. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
bakechad

PostPosted: Sep Fri 02, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only had my Xbox since Father's Day (what a great Father's Day gift Very Happy ), but it is amazing I missed this game.

I guess it is because I get most of my gaming info from the 15 year olds that work Gamestop and Ebgames or their websites figuring if they don't have the game listed, it will pain to get it. I can hear the Gamestop employees already trashing this game. It is amazing how the two largest game stores in my area allow their employees to steer people away from many of the lesser known games. I have found(at least by me) that Ebgames is a much more professional run operation. The Gamestop is run like a bad candy store. Unfortunately Gamestop has twice as many games(even though they don't have the shelf space to display them all).

By the way, how do you pronouce Dai Senryaku?
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Sep Fri 02, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pronounced exactly like it is spelled, lol Wink

Die Sen Ree Ahkoo
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sep Fri 02, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7:Modern Military Tactics.... Rolling Eyes
Twisted Evil
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Sep Fri 02, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
7:Modern Military Tactics.... Rolling Eyes
Twisted Evil

Except that "ku" isn't pronounced "seh ven mod ern mill it airy Tak Tiks"

mwahaha >_
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Sep Fri 02, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bakechad wrote:
I've only had my Xbox since Father's Day (what a great Father's Day gift Very Happy ), but it is amazing I missed this game.

I guess it is because I get most of my gaming info from the 15 year olds that work Gamestop and Ebgames or their websites figuring if they don't have the game listed, it will pain to get it. I can hear the Gamestop employees already trashing this game. It is amazing how the two largest game stores in my area allow their employees to steer people away from many of the lesser known games. I have found(at least by me) that Ebgames is a much more professional run operation. The Gamestop is run like a bad candy store. Unfortunately Gamestop has twice as many games(even though they don't have the shelf space to display them all).

By the way, how do you pronouce Dai Senryaku?

I wish everyone had the kind of GameStop that I goto. They rarely trash a game at all and they are usually spot on about recommendations for games to other customers. The employees there are real gamers that know their stuff. That's not to say they won't give you the low down on a game if you want to know, but it's never been any worse than what you can read in Game Informer. Twisted Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: