Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dai Sen VS Shattered Union, the war is on!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which do you like better?
Dai Sen: MMO
75%
 75%  [ 9 ]
Shattered Union
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Oct Tue 18, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Dai Sen VS Shattered Union, the war is on! Reply with quote

I am curious to see how you, the gamer, enjoy Shattered Union VS. Dai Sen. Let me know which you like better.

Adoug~ Twisted Evil
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: Oct Tue 18, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll vote as soon as I've got a better grasp of Shattered Union. So far though I must say that the map interface on DS VII is so good I'm having trouble learning Shatterd Union's. The quick zoom and easy direction view is one of my favorite parts of DS VII.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Oct Tue 18, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for Dai Senryaku VII: Modern Military Tactics just out of principle. Cool

Although I'm still wanting to see how it stacks up. Twisted Evil

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Oct Tue 18, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went out to buy it this evening, lost my debit card, had to report it and ended up with nada. Ah well. I did manage to grab the new Fire Emblem before the disaster so all is not lost.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Oct Wed 19, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost my debit card at E3 last spring, downtown Hollywood...that was fun. At least you got it cancelled. Hopefully no charges have occured. Twisted Evil
ROBERT

PostPosted: Oct Wed 19, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After spending a couple hours with shattered union I must say the following:

Things I don´t like about SU so far:

1.- I think DSVII map navigation/interface is faster and better.

2.- Keeping track of enemy activity during it´s turn gets tricky in SU because you lose control of the camera, something doesn´t happen in DSVII.

3.- Animations can´t be turned off.

4.- No map editor included.

5.- I´m getting slow motion very often, particularly during map navigation.

Things I like about SU:

1.- Great graphics and animations.

2.- A more tactical feel than DSVII

My Conclusion: Despite great graphics and animations there´s no other reason to choose SU over DSVII. That´s my opinion so far.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Oct Wed 19, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROBERT wrote:
My Conclusion: Despite great graphics and animations there´s no other reason to choose SU over DSVII. That´s my opinion so far.

Well, in your opinion then is there a good enough reason to pick this game up if you own Dai Sen already? Wink

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ROBERT

PostPosted: Oct Wed 19, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFi2382 wrote:
ROBERT wrote:

Well, in your opinion then is there a good enough reason to pick this game up if you own Dai Sen already? Wink

I´m not saying that SU is a bad game, I´m just stating that (in my opinion) SU can´t beat DSVII.

However, if you´re a TBS fan you should give SU a try due to it´s great graphics and animations, those features give the genre a sweet touch.
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Oct Wed 19, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read something about engineer units being used to good end in this game as well as losses being high. In one other (somewhat choppy) modern day combat game that I have (Flashpoint Germany) you have to constantly move, digging in is something that is done infrequently because of the speed of recon, artillery, etc., thus if you play it like you'd play a WW2 eastern front game you end up losing a lot of forces quickly.

Ended up ordering the game online, should be here before the end of the week.
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: Oct Wed 19, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
I read something about engineer units being used to good end in this game as well as losses being high. In one other (somewhat choppy) modern day combat game that I have (Flashpoint Germany) you have to constantly move, digging in is something that is done infrequently because of the speed of recon, artillery, etc., thus if you play it like you'd play a WW2 eastern front game you end up losing a lot of forces quickly.

Ended up ordering the game online, should be here before the end of the week.

Yes. The engineers are very useful. They repair bridges and can create anti-tank obstacles, as well as minefields.

Losses are very high compared to how you manage your force in DS VII. I'm getting my a** kicked because of my old habit of using caution before jumping into enemy contact. I'm sure when I try it again tonight my tactics will be more appropriate.

So far though the game is doing fine with me. The highly detailed maps are really neat because they label every major town/city as well as the proper Interstate #'s on the major roads. ROBERT is right about the game having a more tactical feel.

I'd recommend getting it just for the sake that the game is different from DS VII. Nevermind, that strategy games on the Xbox are few and far between. DS VII is a throwback in many ways. Reminds me of 'Panzer General' a lot. It does superbly what game makers have forgotten about lately. Old tricks are still good tricks when you do them right. Thats why I love it so much. I'm liking Shattered Union for the fact that it has a much more 'glitzy', 'modern' feel. It has taken out what I hated about RTS games (he who clicks fastest wins, un-realistic unit balance i.e- How many tanks can you make?). So if you love DS VII, don't worry about this game stealing it's thunder. Both are very different games in many ways and you'll like/dislike each for different reasons.
Asgardian

PostPosted: Oct Wed 19, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting.. so what exactly makes this game having a more tactical feel than DSVII?

Also can you guys say something about the multiplayer and on-line game style, thanks!

I dont see any chance of me picking this game up for a while because of the price tag, but may be one day when it's cheaper..

Anyway I'm having a great time making maps with DSVII, is there a section here about "structure balance" in maps? how many of each building should I stick on the map? etc..

Asgardian.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Oct Wed 19, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The amount of buildings kind of depends on the type of battle you want, i.e. naval, air, land, all of them, etc. I would experiement a bit on it, see what works best. Twisted Evil
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: Oct Wed 19, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By tactical feel I'll say this. The battles themselves are a part of your ultimate strategy. In DS VII there is only the battle. Nothing before, nothing after. Such as who you're attacking and the territory you're trying to take over.
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Oct Wed 19, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking at Shattered Union as a sort of side-story to daisenryaku. Kind of like an "extra levels power up kit" thing. In this I hope I won't be disappointed.

When you say that who you attack has a greater strategic effect are you saying that you are presented with choices (i.e. attack SE region or SW region)? It seems also (and I believe I read this elsewhere) that surviving units persist to the next stage...is that so?

If so then cool on both counts.
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: Oct Wed 19, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you are able to choose which factions you attack on any given turn. You also do not know which factions will attack you. Units carry over from battle to battle along with the opportunity to repair damaged ones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: