Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shadow of the Colossus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> General Gaming Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Nov Tue 01, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Shadow of the Colossus Reply with quote

Can't say enough good about this game. Morrowind should take notes on the world that you can explore in Shadow of the Colossus. It's truly one of the most stunning video game experiences ever. No game has offered as realistic a control of a horse--where it feels as if there is a match of wills. This is a welcome exception to the "horse is a vehicle" flavor of, say Zelda. The scale of this game is pretty freakin phenomenal too, feels kinda Tomb Raiderish that way.

Very, very, very strongly recommended.
MySonsFanatic

PostPosted: Nov Tue 01, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops, that would be me making the recommend.
MySonsFanatic

PostPosted: Nov Wed 02, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still loving this game. It's really an obsession...I'm playing the game at a moderate pace having defeated 7 Colossi in as many hours but the world is so pretty that you can play the game at any pace that works for you.

Think "Treasure" (the company) boss rushes with long periods of gorgeous scenerey between each boss and you've essentially got the pattern of play. The bosses themselves are pretty damn incredible and the game offers some interesting mixes to the basic formula of "Really-big-monster with weak points." There are a limited number of bosses (without spoiling it: less than 20) and the game can be rushed through but then that would be missing the point of this particular game. It's not so much the destination as the journey and Shadow of the Colossus is one hell of a ride.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov Wed 02, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it coming on Gamefly, should be a good time.

D~ Twisted Evil
Coarse Limely

PostPosted: Nov Fri 04, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought ico was extremely overrated, so I'll be waiting some time before checking this one out. I've got tons of other games to finish, anyway.
MisterToad

PostPosted: Nov Fri 04, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard very good things about Shadow of the Colossus. I'll get around to it once I finish Call of Duty 2: Big Red One, with some DS VII thrown in, of course. Still need to try Shattered Union as well. There's just too many good games right now. Smile
MySonsFanatic

PostPosted: Nov Sat 05, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coarse Limely wrote:
I thought ico was extremely overrated...

That's what happens when you allow the opinions of others to cloud your judgement.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Nov Sat 12, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just played the Demo last night and aside from the non-polished build (the camera was a bit wonky at times), but my first impressions is that this looks to be a good rent at the least. The demo has you fight a Colussus as well as some minor platforming. The battle with the Colussus was a real high point as the people watchnig me play were commenting on how insane I was for trying to fight it.

After an intense 15 minute battle, I was the victor with the Colussus down for the count. The comments were funny, but many said that if the battles were all like that, it was simply an amazing game.

Seriously, I'm not sure I can convey how fun and nerve racking the battle was. I was barely ankle high to the Colussus and here I was trying to take the thing down. Clinging on for dear life while it tried to shake me loose as I climbed to the top of the massive beast (by no means an easy feat considering your grip loosens the long you take). Finally, after making it to the top of this behemoth, I managed to sink my sword in the Colossus' magical weak spot. This took a few blows, all the while I'm trying to not fall off as the beast continues to try and shake me off.

I felt as if I accomplished something when the beast fell and not as if I was simply mashnig buttons as I didn't. The Colossus definitely had a strategy to it and I'll admit that at first I wasn't doing so well. However, once you determine the beast's weakness, it became a matter of scaling the heights, hanging for dear life and striking the beast down.

All in all, this is one game that you shouldn't pass up. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> General Gaming Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: