Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

w00t ! Finished the Missions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MisterToad

PostPosted: Nov Wed 09, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: w00t ! Finished the Missions Reply with quote

LOL, just slogged to the end with Mission 25 today, after having owned DS VII for 6 months. Embarassed Well, I did take an extended break, playing nothing but Forza Motorsport for months. Anyhow, just wanted to say I've enjoying the hell out of DS VII for the last few weeks. I have already gotten my $20 worth many times over.

I really liked playing through the Missions, even though the AI quality and scenario conditions were a little uneven. Some of them were a simple walkover, like # 19: Crimson Revolt, where you load up the Luns, take a scenic cruise around the perimeter of the island, and just walk into the Red's capital virtually unapposed. And #23: The Beachead seemed like the invasion might be a tough one due to commanding the mediocre Chinese, with no AA units. But the AI got so involved with duking it out with Yellow (Isrealis) that it seemed to forget about the trivial matter of defending the capital city. Haha, I kept some of the assault ships loaded up and sailed up the river. By the time they got close enough to disembark near the Red capital, my land attack forces had already won it. Laughing

But others really did have a nicely balanced edge to them. To name a few, #17: Arctic Rescue where you have to pick up your stranded special forces near the enemy capital was quite fun doing the extraction against superior enemies. And #20: Scarlet Breakout where you have to protect the transports and bring them safely back to the harbor was a good one. The land assault force was not quite strong enough to punch through the Frenchies easily, and the land battle proved tougher than dealing with the enemy's subs and surface ships.

I also enjoyed #22: Golden Citadel. Talk about artillery hell ! Nibbling around the edges of the enemy defenses seemed like an invitation to get pounded by the combination of static 155's and ATACMs. I played it simply, using a "Hey Diddle Diddle, Straight Up the Middle" direct assault on the Red capital. I came straight in by the closest path to the enemy docks and bludgeoned my way in, but I took a lot of casualties getting it done. Just an A- score, for losing too many guys.

With all this, I never did get around to buying Shattered Union yet. Smile Now it's time to delve deeper into the Free Play mode.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov Thu 10, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you liked it Mister Toad... Here is to many more fun filled hours in Free Play mode... Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: