Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy Turkey Massacre Day!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

How was your Thanksgiving?
Good
87%
 87%  [ 7 ]
Bad
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ugly
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Nov Thu 24, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Happy Turkey Massacre Day! Reply with quote

Lmao, that's Thanksgiving to you that don't get it. Laughing

Eat, drink and game! Wink

Though, I'm feeling under the weather and I think I'll be doing the drinking (good ol' H2O) and napping. Maybe I'll get some turns in on Dai Sen, but I think browsing the forums is about as much as I can manage. Confused

Note: I'll vote in the poll at the end of the day incase I feel better. Ooh Rah! Carry on. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sanctine

PostPosted: Nov Thu 24, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhhh yeah...

I always forget that you Americans celebrate it at a different time than us Canadians. I'd vote, but I don't really remember how it went, since it was kinda long ago... Confused
MySonsFanatic

PostPosted: Nov Thu 24, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had travel plans, we all got sick instead...
MisterToad

PostPosted: Nov Thu 24, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good and bad. The food was great, but I'm at work now. Crying or Very sad

What's worse, when I left the house for work, my kids were getting ready to fire up the latest Need for Speed game and Battlefield 2 with a LAN set-up on multiple Xbox's. Evil or Very Mad
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Nov Thu 24, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted good. Cool

Felt decent enough to go with my girlfriend to her folks, who took us to a nice resort that had a full buffet. Cool Shocked

While we only got to experience the food, that was all I really cared for. I had Ham, 3 varieties of potatoes, carrots, mixed vegetables, biscuits, salad, and a few desserts. Spread that out over 3 plates and you get the idea. Surprised

I was stuffed to the gills when we left and I must say that it was a good time. I still feel a little under the weather, but at least I was able to keep all of my Thanksgiving meal down. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov Fri 25, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was good, dinner with the folks/family, then some Dragon Quest (Dragon Warrior) on the PS2~ Plus, I have an apple pie in my fridge waiting for me to eat it.

Adoug Twisted Evil
MySonsFanatic

PostPosted: Nov Fri 25, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have played Dragon Quest VIII but this lil Japanese Koei modern day combat strategy title (Air Land Battle, has a longer name but I forgot it) TOTALLY caught my attention. It feels like Nectaris/Military Madness with modern military equipment.

Essentially the back story is that Japan was never bombed. WW2 ended with Russia and America landing on Japan's shores and dividing it up between them. You are now an independent force attempting to unify Japan. It's a great story and really fantastic Turn Based Strategy. I'll write more on it when I have a chance. Gads I feel like crap *cough*
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov Fri 25, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get better. I will be on Battlefield Modern Combat (PS2) and Dragon Warrior all day. ~ Twisted Evil
MisterToad

PostPosted: Nov Fri 25, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Gaika no Gouhou: Air Land Forces Reply with quote

MySonsFanatic wrote:
I would have played Dragon Quest VIII but this lil Japanese Koei modern day combat strategy title (Air Land Battle, has a longer name but I forgot it) TOTALLY caught my attention. It feels like Nectaris/Military Madness with modern military equipment.

Essentially the back story is that Japan was never bombed. WW2 ended with Russia and America landing on Japan's shores and dividing it up between them. You are now an independent force attempting to unify Japan. It's a great story and really fantastic Turn Based Strategy. I'll write more on it when I have a chance. Gads I feel like crap *cough*

Sorry to hear about your illness, MSF. Getting sick on a holiday always sucks.

Anyhow, your post intrigued me. Did you mean this ?

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-44-47-froogle-70-5kw.html#

Wow ! Shocked I like the looks of that. Cool Do you have a Japan-spec PS2 then ? Wonder where I could score the PC version. Maybe that's where the screen shots came from, looks a little too crisp for the PS2.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Nov Sat 26, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MySonsFanatic wrote:

Holy cow, that game looks like it would be an instant hit with me and my wargaming buddy. It's games like that which would really be nice to see come stateside. Especially among all of us wargamers that love to play out the "what if" type scenarios. Cool

The screenshots look really nice indeed.

Sanctine

PostPosted: Nov Sat 26, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. It's definitely something that I would buy. Unfortunately, if it does get localized, it'll have to be by someone other than the parent company: Koei. We all know that if it's made by Koei, and it isn't Dynasty Warriors, it doesn't have a chance in hell of getting here. (I'm looking at YOU, Zill O'll Infinite!)

Maybe we should bug Kemco for it! Wink
Coarse Limely

PostPosted: Nov Sun 27, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good. No work, lotsa food. Can't complain.
MySonsFanatic

PostPosted: Nov Sun 27, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koei has brought over nearly every Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Dynsasty Tactics, Liberty or Death, P.T.O., Gotha, and much more than Dynasty Warriors. That the DW series has and will allow Koei the financial resources to bring more games over is a good thing.

With regards to Gaika no Gouhou being localized: I doubt Sony would approve it but we can always keep our hopes up.

There's a faq available for the game too.

Sorry, still getting over this cold and will write more on the game in the General Gaming thread when I have the energy.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Nov Sun 27, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One mustn't forget the Kessen series (Although I'm not sure how much they had to do with that string of titles, but their name is on it.) that they have put out either.

Although, I wasn't as enthralled with PTO IV as I though I would have been, I haven't ever really had much dislike for KOEI.

I agree with JVG...err, MSF (lol) about the fact without the financial sucess Dynasty Warriors, I'm not sure how much they would have been able to bring stateside.

Sanctine

PostPosted: Nov Sun 27, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MySonsFanatic wrote:
Koei has brought over nearly every Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Dynsasty Tactics, Liberty or Death, P.T.O., Gotha, and much more than Dynasty Warriors. That the DW series has and will allow Koei the financial resources to bring more games over is a good thing.

Pretty much every game Koei has brought out in the last 5 years has been part of the "Romance" series or games closely related. They include ROTK, Dynasty Warriors/Tactics, Samurai Warriors and Kessen. The only exceptions are: Crimson Sea 1+2, PTO, Yanya Cabalista, Gitaroo Man, and Winback. Yes, it's true that DW brings in money, but if you've ever visited the Koei boards (which unfortunately are down at the moment) you'll see that even die-hard fans are getting sick of it and want something else.While I used to be a HUGE fan of Koei, and certain games like Uncharted Waters, Saiuki, and the before mentioned breath of fresh air Crimson Sea series, you have to admit, compared to Japan, Koei USA doesn't give a crap about anything that will break their "mold". I hope that changes, because I really want to start liking them again.

MySonsFanatic wrote:
With regards to Gaika no Gouhou being localized: I doubt Sony would approve it but we can always keep our hopes up.

Why not? From what I've seen, it's in 3D... Wink

Sorry, but I just realized that this went way off topic...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Kemco General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: