Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with making a Israeli-Arab Middle East war map/scenario

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kab the Mentat

PostPosted: Dec Mon 26, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Help with making a Israeli-Arab Middle East war map/scenario Reply with quote

This may or may not sound like a good question, but I'm actually stumped on what to do. Okay, here's the set up. I think it's going to be a 2 vs. 2 map of the Mid East...maybe parts of Southern Europe or East Africa. I'm thinking of making Blue and Green a team. Blue = US or maybe UK and Green = Israel, and the Red/Yellow a team. Red = Egypt/Syria (I'm making them a unified country because of the whole United Arab Republic thing they tried in the 60s) and Yellow = Iran (I know, they're not Arab, they're Persian...work with me here).

Okay, the problem. It's obvious which Production Countries to assign to the Blue/Green team, US/UK and Israeli. Piece of cake. But what's not so obvious (to me at least) is what to make the Red/Yellow Arab-Iranian team. One would think just to assign Russia to them because a majority of their equipment is 2-generation-old Soviet 50s/60s/70s, but there's two major problems with that...Egypt, Syria, and Iran don't have aircraft carriers for one. And two is that they don't have much if any at all newer Russian gear. Like I said, most of it is 2 or 3 generations behind American equipment. Also, Iran has a hodgepodge of stuff from Russia, China, and France. I guess I could solve the problem by not giving them any ports that can produce ships, but Egypt does have a so-so navy and Iran has old diesel subs. But that doesn't solve the fact that they don't have any modern Russian gear (hell, neither does Russia as a matter of fact).

So here's what I'm thinking. Making the Red Egypt/Syria team's Production Country Chinese and giving them ports and making the Yellow Iran team's Production Country France without ports. What I'm going for here is realism so I'd like to see what everyone's opinion is and maybe have some suggestions. The reason for this topic is because I don't believe I'm a very good map/scenario maker. Anyway, sorry for this being so long.
scott

PostPosted: Jan Sun 01, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have the right ideal, the hardest is placing citys etc that would be accurate. plus usa would start with a decent fleet as they always have marines/carriers off shore
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: