Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

C'mon Kemco, you can do better!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> General Gaming Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xalo

PostPosted: Dec Sat 31, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: C'mon Kemco, you can do better! Reply with quote

Please stop raping the franchise Kemco. The first three on SNES were gold, especially Top Gear 3000, which imo is the most fun racing game i've ever played. Everything in it worked together to achieve something greater.

Most everything that's come out since has been mediocre at best. I can't even count how many Top Gear branded games have been released, but i'd have to guess several dozen. Perhaps the focus should be on quality and not quantity? Kemco seems to be the new 3DO these days.

Seriously, stop it with all the garbage franchises and poor games. Chicago Enforcer? Are you kidding me? How do things like that even happen? People make better games in their high school qbasic classes. Is there even any oversight or quality assurance at all?

Dai Senryaku is an amazing game. But I can't give any credit to Kemco for that, because I don't believe they were responsible.

Instead of divying up your budget to make 10 total crap games each year or whatever, how about you pull together and focus on one or two outstanding ones.
S4MUR41

PostPosted: Jan Sun 01, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree, Kemco can do great if they listen to what the community wants. I know that Kemco is not responsible for developing Dai Senryaku VII: Modern Military Tactics but they did publish it, if they are smart enough then there is a Dai Senryaku PSP game in Japan developed by Genki which they should publish here. Kemco has had thier good times and bad times, still to this day Mech Platoon is one of my favorite games (published by kemco though) and did really well in the ratings (8.3 on Gamespot) and then they had their bad times like Chicago Enforcer......well you know what I mean. What I dont understand is why companies makes sequels to bad games and never to good ones (sometimes). I agree what your saying because alot of other game companies do the same. Lets take this example: EA Games vs Blizzard, EA games has a tendantcy to release alot of games in a short amount of time and some end up being good while others end up being just plain mediocer. Now look at Blizzzard, they release about 2 games max in 1 year, but look at the results, all of their games are very good games and getrated very high. Its better to release a few games that are great then alot of bad games because you dont make more money by throwing out 10 bad games in a year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan Sun 01, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All comments are read and heard on these forums. Keep in mind, I (Adoug) do not have full control over what is released (there are many, MANY factors to it), but also please know, I hear ya. All comments, good and bad, I read. I appreciate everyones comments on here. We (Kemco USA) have had some success and some learning experiences as well. Stay posted.

Regards,

Adoug~
Schade

PostPosted: Jan Tue 17, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: What is Shadowgate become ? Reply with quote

I don't know if it's on the right place that I wright... but it's too late now! Twisted Evil

That so a pity that you lost the licence of Shadowgate. That is the reason ? Now this game became a poor game on i-pod and telephones portable.
Hoo... Me which thought of seeing a version of it on Game Cube... Sad Sniff...
_____
Sorry for my english, i am french... Embarassed
Sanctine

PostPosted: Jan Tue 17, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: What is Shadowgate become ? Reply with quote

As much as I hate to admit it, Kemco has kinda gone downhill for me. That changed when you guys localized DSVII, and my faith in you was restored. Still, I am worried about your future as a company...

Schade wrote:
Sorry for my english, i am french... Embarassed

Nah, c'est pas grave. Ton anglais sont merveilleux!
S4MUR41

PostPosted: Jan Tue 17, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: What is Shadowgate become ? Reply with quote

Sanctine wrote:
As much as I hate to admit it, Kemco has kinda gone downhill for me. That changed when you guys localized DSVII, and my faith in you was restored. Still, I am worried about your future as a company...

sad to say I have to agree, with kemco bringig out games like chicago enforcer and getting bad ratings make me think that kemco is loosing its ground, one thing I odnt get is when I went on the Kemco Japan site they have a tonne of new games released there, does kemco japan get more finance than kemco usa? Anyways I like kemco and i hate to see them go down. They should know what we want (a couple hints on the forums) for games and should bring / make those games.

Join the Ultimate Mech Platoon Fan Site and Forums!
Click my Signature Above and Join the Mech Platoon Fan Community!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan Tue 17, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fellow gamers, you have got to take all things with stride, games included. As with every publisher, there are going to be hits and misses, just like with every business. For example, lots of people like Dai Sen, lots dont, it just depends. Kind of like the saying, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Yes, there is room for improvement for Kemco USA and you can rest assured that is a main focus here. In the coming year, I think you will be pleased at some of the titles that will be released by Kemco USA. Stay tuned.

Yes, Chicago Enforcer received some poor ratings and even nomination for "worst game of 2005". But in it's defense, in the same catagory were several "high quality", full priced, licensed/franchise titles. It is what it is, and now it is in the past.

And on the flip side, Dai Sen was nominated for "best budget title of 2005". So, you see how there is positives and negatives here?

As I have stated before, I like all comments on here, both positive and negative. Hopefully the negative comments will be constructive ones.

b1wfdz33, Kemco Japan's main business is game accessories, they do not publish too many titles. However that is changing as well. They are releasing Cocoto Kart Racer for the DS very shortly (developer is Neko), aimed at a younger audience. Plus, like Kemco USA, they will be releasing several other original titles this year. Some of which I will be announcing soon. (once a few other things are finalized)

My advice, continue to challenge Kemco USA by wanting and expecting quality games from us and continue to post on the forum so I can continue to read all the great comments.
Twisted Evil
S4MUR41

PostPosted: Jan Tue 17, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the update, you make good points in your statement and its nice to see you have some new titles comming. One thing I wanted to ask is do you have any plans for next gen consoles or handhelds, I believe you signed on for psp.

p.s. can u give us a hint of the new line-up Wink

Join the Ultimate Mech Platoon Fan Site and Forums!
Click my Signature Above and Join the Mech Platoon Fan Community!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> General Gaming Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: