Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Rogue Opportunity
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> The Suggestion Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
megalomamichael

PostPosted: Nov Sun 02, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Rogue Opportunity Reply with quote

I bought (even pre-ordered) icon_biggrin.gif Rogue Ops for Xbox and am having a lot of fun. The controls are some of the best I've seen in these types of games. icon_smile.gif I think this game is better (overall) than Metal Gear Solid, yet not quite as good as Splinter Cell. I really hope a sequel gets made and if so I'll be buying one on the first day. icon_smile.gif But enough compliments, here's some stuff you could hopefully fix so you can have Nikki be the queen of all adventure titles. icon_wink.gif On the Xbox version, actually make it for the Xbox. icon_idea.gif It's lacking textures and occasionally blurred walls scream PS2. icon_cry.gif If you put in the time for textured enviroments, dolby and especially widescreen, you'd probably boost sales by about 30% on that alone. icon_razz.gif The games animations and AI are good, but there is a lot of clipping. icon_confused.gif You should have the options to configure the controller in any way you want and have the option to have the map on or off. Nikki's pretty good, icon_cool.gif as are the enemies, but the guys she works with over the radio aren't very good voice actors. icon_cry.gif And a nice suprise to the stealth games would be if it were less linear. Though the levels are extremely well thought out in this game non-linear is the future for all videogames and at times this game felt closed in. And up the swearing. icon_twisted.gif It's already M rated, so no need to tame the language. Not that you need to go overboard, but there were a few spots swearing would have been natural speech, not forced. I'm 29, I can handle it. icon_cool.gif And while on mature themes, up the blood. icon_twisted.gif I mean only at certain points, such as level three when the prisonor is shot point blank, then you let us go in the room. For a bit more realism, shouldn't there at least be a bullethole or some blood dripping from his head? icon_twisted.gif I don't mean ultra realistic, such as brains splattered, but blood free seems silly. Somewhere in the middle would be good for an M rated game. And last but not least, the icons for interacting or aiming. Works pretty good, but really takes you out and gives the game an arcadey look. icon_confused.gif Maybe you could make them smaller or get, um, 'inspired' icon_eek.gif by Splinter Cells method of letting you know what you can interact with. icon_wink.gif That's all. Sounds like a lot, but I really enjoyed this game which is why I bothered to list all these little things. I'd love to see this series grow. I pointed out a lot, but this is a terrific time. And Lara Croft isn't even fit to clean the same toilet Nikki Conners uses! icon_razz.gif
Coarse Limely

PostPosted: Nov Mon 03, 2003 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. A ringing endorsement. This game is on my list of games to check out, post-Christmas, that's for sure. Can't wait to play it!
View users profile Send private message
FR

PostPosted: Nov Fri 07, 2003 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely if you enjoy the stealth/action games, Rogue Ops is a good purchase.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Johnny

PostPosted: Nov Sun 16, 2003 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really like to see/play/buy another Rogue Ops game....but if u do continue this game could u make a jump control and give more missions. Thanx
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Harry

PostPosted: Dec Mon 01, 2003 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all the stealth games the agent always gets captured. Instead of just dropping Nikki in a jail cell can she be wrapped up in something worthy of Houdini ? She can get loose in a "movie" sequence and then the gamer can take it from there. Its just a bit hard to belive that the most dangerous woman in the world ( Nikki ) would be treated so casually. I dont want to see her tortured like Solid Snake in Metal Gear just tied up really tight..THEN tossed in the jail. icon_biggrin.gif
Coarse Limely

PostPosted: Dec Tue 02, 2003 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry wrote:
In all the stealth games the agent always gets captured. Instead of just dropping Nikki in a jail cell can she be wrapped up in something worthy of Houdini ?

Like Seran Wrap? icon_twisted.gif
Harry

PostPosted: Dec Tue 02, 2003 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, something that is just onhand and maybe somewhat funny or ironic.
Kemco_Tom

PostPosted: Dec Tue 02, 2003 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duct tape? Licorice whips? Dental floss?

All kidding aside, not a bad suggestion. Thanks!

TK
Harry H

PostPosted: Dec Tue 02, 2003 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybodys a comedian ! I know these place's would not be used in the sequel but....work with me. Some of these would be a better way to end the game , if she fails, then to just see her machine gunned. As soon as Nikki's Energy Meter reaches zero instead of her dying was would see a movie sequence of the following. Others would be part of the old "escape mission" that all the spy games have at least one of. If one or two of these were used in the next game it would be an innovative alternative to seeing Nikki get shot to death over and over.

La Casa Negra- Nikki would be hung up with the stiffs in the wine cellar, easy one.

Forsythe Museum- If discovered she is Tied up in her own grappel rope to one of the museum displays. The Hippo or Ostrich, one of the more silly looking animals. (This was somebodys elses idea off the RO message board but I thought it was funny).

Silo 7- If caught Nikki is stuffed into the nosecone of the cold bringer missile.

Maglar Club- Actuall Tom because Varga was moving out the Duct ( packing ) Tape would work here. If captured we get a movie sequence of the Phoenix Recovery Team finding Nikki wrapped up in duct tape on the pedistal that Vargas gun was on WITH the shield wall on.

Stauffer bank- Locked inside vault. This is even used in the game already.

Reliance Shipping- A small crate arrives from Reliance to Phoenix headquaters. There are stickers from all over the world on it. Including Return To Sender ( this IS how she got in ) They open it and find shrink wrapped Nikki inside. Limey, the seran wrap ( shrink wrap ) would work for this one.

Research Center- This is what started it all. Mission controller Tom knows that Nikki is the most dangerous woman on the planet. Injecting her with a toxin and locking her in a cell would be a good start. She would be tied up in the electric cord that was all over the place. One cord would also be tied off to the trigger of Nikki's own loaded cross bow that is now pointing AT her. If she moves she shoots herself with her own poisin tipped dart.
Now heres the cool part. The Game Player now has to do a COMBO lock with the controller ( an easy 4 digit one ) within a set amount of time. If successful we see the dart missing Nikki and she uses the sharp tip to free herself from the cord. If not then she darts herself and dies. Once free she can hang from the ceiling bars like she does now.

It would be a new concept in the stealth games to be seen "looking bad" if you fail your mission and not just killed. Some of these are pretty funny as well and the game could use a touch of humor.
DocSavage2001

PostPosted: Dec Fri 05, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever you do, PLEASE make a Rogue Ops sequel!! And keep Nikki and keep her voice actress! (Right now, I am SOOOOO Totally amused at the start of mission six when Nikki says "Shut up, Cody!" Just the way she says it with such feeling and attitude cracks me up every time I hear it!)

I am having the most fun with this game that I have had playing video games in a long time!

Sequel sequel sequel!

Doc
View users profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
grubby long johns

PostPosted: Jan Tue 06, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Nikki's voice actress as well. I hope she has even more "attitude" in the next mission(s)
stealth killer

PostPosted: Jan Thu 08, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definetly make a sequel to rogue ops. This game is awesome!
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
en pointe girl

PostPosted: Jan Thu 08, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can Nikki be a world infamous cat burglar who does some anti terrorist missions for Phoenix next time out. I would love to do the museum and bank caper as robberies and not have them turn into gun battles.
Kemco_Tom

PostPosted: Jan Thu 08, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, one of the early ideas Bits had was to make Nikki a cat burglar!

It might be kind of a stretch to have Nikki leave Phoenix, become a criminal, and then somehow freelance for Phoenix...maybe we could plan a mission or three that were 100% stealth, or work in some sort of reward system for completing missions based on the amount of stealth used?

Please keep the ideas and suggestions coming!

TK
en pointe girl

PostPosted: Jan Sat 10, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree, I think it would be a stretch to think that Nikki would stay in Phoenix. Phoenix lied to her about her husband and child,betrayed her at research station, and led all their ops people into an ambush at Installation K. She should leave and the best job for somebody with her skills would be cat burglar. Phoenix can kidnap,blackmail, or just pay her to do missions for them. This would present the best of both worlds. She can do "hollywood" style capers without lethal weapons ( but a cool cat burglar mask ) and do Phoenix missions with the weapons and judo ( and the VISOR mask ). It would be even more cool to have her hired by Omega 19 to do missions for them too, making Nikki a true rogue op.

Just a few quick suggestions I thought of or stole.
a) get rid of the combo locks ( esp. on the x-box )
b ) get rid of the stunner or place it where it will not show on Nikki
c ) some kind of lock pick / door decoder
d ) get rid of the adrenalin boost
e ) Nikki cant carry too many bullets/stars/devices/mines..ect
f ) Nikki can make judo attack with grapple rope for non lethal tie up attack. If she screws up the attack victim ties her
g ) More different death traps. Nikki frozen,electrocuted,gooed,ect
h ) Better disguise then a lab coat, make her the cleaning lady
I ) Spike heel boots
J ) More places to use the Hide in Shadow trick
k ) Nikki can "knock" on walls to get guards to investigate thus move ( to where she can slink past or kill them )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> The Suggestion Box All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum