Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can someone explain combination locks to me?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrinceZordar

PostPosted: Nov Mon 03, 2003 1:49 pm    Post subject: Can someone explain combination locks to me? Reply with quote

I can't seem to get the hang of them. The game brings up the row of stick moves to make, but any time it wants a full circle or a half-circle, I just can't make it work. For example, it says to make a half-circle from right to left on a downward sweep. As soon as I move the stick to the right, it buzzes at me. Sideways moves are easy, but the rounded ones just aren't working. The last one, I was able to keep trying until I had enough side-ways moves in a row to get by it, but now I am stuck on the Maygar Club and keep getting killed by the ceiling turret because I can't open the combination lock.

-Z
Mrs Kensington

PostPosted: Nov Mon 03, 2003 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are frustrating. I just delt with mission 2s. I was hoping the game makes them more easy after each time I fail. This is where a person like me with OK eye hand co-ordination will get stuck and stop playing. These should have been included in the training mission just so I can practice with my combo lock picking.
PrinceZordar

PostPosted: Nov Mon 03, 2003 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's my issue too - enough of these twitchy puzzles that require precise timing to succeed (and then having to start from a point half an hour ago when I fail) is usually why I stop playing a game. I just don't have the reflexes of a 14-year old on a sugar high. Smile

-Z
Kemco_Tester_Rob

PostPosted: Nov Mon 03, 2003 2:16 pm    Post subject: Combo puzzles Reply with quote

Those combo puzzles are pretty tricky on the Xbox. I even have to repeat them often myself. They are random everytime so if you get one with a lot of spins, cancel it and try again, because eventually you'll luck out and get a good one with more straight moves.
Robert.

Ski Steven's Pass.
University of Pennsylvania c/o 2003
PrinceZordar

PostPosted: Nov Mon 03, 2003 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I take too long or cancel, that turret nails me.

I finally did get past it... went in, figured that the vents in the floor were bad, shoved boxes over them, grabbed the ammo, then died anyway. Now I have to go all the way back and do the combo lock again!! A checkpoint after finding the ammo would have been REALLY nice.

-Z
dee roto

PostPosted: Nov Mon 03, 2003 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly what happenned to me
Those swirls are like Jet Set Radio. That's cool!
I found out a little trick by accident trying to escape the turrets.
The turrets can be your friend!
Kemco_Tester_Rob

PostPosted: Nov Mon 03, 2003 3:57 pm    Post subject: Checkpoints Reply with quote

There is a checkpoint just after where you died PrinceZordar. I know it can be frustrating, especailly Magyar, but I think the checkpoints are all in pretty good spots.
Robert

Ski Steven's Pass.
University of Pennsylvania c/o 2003
slick

PostPosted: Nov Mon 03, 2003 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save Anywhere is the way to go in future games
megalomamichael

PostPosted: Nov Mon 03, 2003 5:18 pm    Post subject: combo lock help Reply with quote

I have the Xbox version and noticed something interesting on the combination locks. If you keep getting the clockwise and counterclockwise turns wrong, but move fast enough through them, the game will give you enough straight press directions to still open it in time. So even if you mess up, just keep moving through it fast. It took me two tries before it worked, but persistence is the key. Mr. Green

PostPosted: Feb Mon 09, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Combo puzzles Reply with quote

Kemco_Tester_Rob wrote:
Those combo puzzles are pretty tricky on the Xbox.

I've read something to this effect on several threads here. I too have the Xbox version and am struggling to get past one of the later puzzle lock combinations. Is there a special trick or technique to doing this on an Xbox controller? I've had this game for several weeks now and still haven't gotten a single circular move right during the lock release process. Any help (hints, tips, etc.) is appreciated.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Feb Mon 09, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I will see if I can help ya out! Cool Lets say that one of the combos starts at six o clock (like a clock, 12 is the top, 6 is the bottom of the clock, 3 is on the right, 9 is on the left, and so on) so it is kinda faded at the bottom and then leads to the top (or 12) and stops. It is a basic 180 degrees from the bottom of six to 12. You need to push the analog control straight down (where the arrow starts), then move it tight along the edge till you get just past the top (or 12) where the arrow stops. I have noticed that you need to go just a little further than the arrow indicates, so if it stops at the top (or 12 o clock), go to about 1 o clock. I know it sounds confusing, but basically, start at the beginning of the arrow graphic, follow the direction of the arrow witht the control stick till you get past the point of the end of the arrow. You will know you have gone far enough because the arrow will be "unlocked" and it will move on to the next. THE BIGGEST THING TO GET OUT OF THIS IS TO CONTINUE ON PAST THE POINT OF THE END OF THE ARROW. Twisted Evil I hope this helps.

PostPosted: Feb Mon 09, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
You need to push the analog control straight down (where the arrow starts), then move it tight along the edge till you get just past the top (or 12) where the arrow stops.

This could be my whole problem. I was working on the assumption that I should lightly press during the circular movement and only go to the edge at the end (where arrow stops), but none of the FAQs, walk-thrus, etc. I've see explained this. I will try your way soon enough. Thanks much!

PostPosted: Feb Wed 11, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Adoug wrote:
You need to push the analog control straight down (where the arrow starts), then move it tight along the edge till you get just past the top (or 12) where the arrow stops.

This could be my whole problem.

It turns out that my problem entirely. Thanks much Adoug for helping me out here. I got through the puzzle last night with relative ease using your advice.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Feb Wed 11, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome..glad I could help! Twisted Evil
Harm

PostPosted: Apr Thu 08, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Re: Combo puzzles Reply with quote

"Kemco_Tester_Rob" Those combo puzzles are pretty tricky on the Xbox. Robert.

Aarrrgghhhhh! Evil or Very Mad

Yes...I have an Xbox, these combo puzzles are NO FUN.

I'm beginning to think the only way to beat this game, is NOT TO PLAY IT!!

Harm Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Rogue Ops All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: